1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #311  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:19 PM
janik_dk janik_dk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 36
Default

Hi,

I am quite confused here aswell.
Ordered the collectors edition from Finland (I'm from Denmark) which got cancelled. Phoned up Ubisoft Nordic, which couldn't help me with any kind of helpful information about getting the collectors edition.

Ubi through a proxy in the uk? - Can you explain more on how that works?

This is really insane - we want to buy this great game, but are not "allowed" by Ubisoft.
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 03-09-2011, 10:57 PM
jcenzano's Avatar
jcenzano jcenzano is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janik_dk View Post
Hi,

I am quite confused here aswell.
Ordered the collectors edition from Finland (I'm from Denmark) which got cancelled. Phoned up Ubisoft Nordic, which couldn't help me with any kind of helpful information about getting the collectors edition.

Ubi through a proxy in the uk? - Can you explain more on how that works?

This is really insane - we want to buy this great game, but are not "allowed" by Ubisoft.
-just google for a proxy server that is located in the Uk.
or use any from this list
http://www.samair.ru/proxy/type-09.htm
-go to the LAN/Connections options of your browser and configure it to connect through a proxy
-go to the main webpage of cllifs of dover http://il2sturmovik.ubi.com/cliffs-of-dover/. Then click the preorder button and you should be taken to the uk page of ubi to order. Or you can also go directly to ubi.com and browse for the game.
-preorder the game and tell them to send it to Denkmark (free shipping I guess)
-enjoy the game when they send it to you.

ps. maybe you are not comfortable ordering through a proxy, i understand. I would reccomend you no to use the bank account in whchi you have all your life savings. just in case. PAYPAL didn´t work for me via proxy, so I had to use thedebit card. It´s a risk, but i use a debit card that i use only to buy online associated to a bank account to which I transfer only the money I need for online shoppinga at a given time.

I have probably busted a buch of the forum´s rules...

Last edited by jcenzano; 03-10-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 03-11-2011, 05:00 AM
janik_dk janik_dk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 36
Default

Yikes - i might be a silly-boy, but i think thats a lot of risks to run in order to get the CE..
I am not felling very comfortable about this proxy thing...
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 03-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Hans Hans is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 20
Default Proxy no good

Seems like the UK UBI shop doesn't deliver the Collectors Edition abroad

By logging in to shop.ubi.com via a UK proxy you are able to find the Collectors Edition. You are also able to put it in your shopping cart, but you are not able to submit the order. Neither with PayPal nor with a credit card

I guess we'll have to make a trip to England this summer.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 03-11-2011, 09:08 PM
jcenzano's Avatar
jcenzano jcenzano is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Seems like the UK UBI shop doesn't deliver the Collectors Edition abroad

By logging in to shop.ubi.com via a UK proxy you are able to find the Collectors Edition. You are also able to put it in your shopping cart, but you are not able to submit the order. Neither with PayPal nor with a credit card

I guess we'll have to make a trip to England this summer.
this is the email I got from UBI. They have not charged it to my debit card yet, but up to now everithing looks good

Dear **************,


Thank you for ordering from Ubisoft Entertainment EMEA on 09 March 2011. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for DRI*Ubisoft Store on your credit card billing statement.

Note: If your order contains download products, you can complete the download by looking up your order using the information and link below. When the order summary appears, click on the Download link next to the product name. If your order contains physical products, you will receive a separate email notification when your products have shipped.

To look up your order, please visit: www.findmyorder.com

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
The Official Ubisoft Customer Service
shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/help


Your Order and Billing Information:

Order Number: ***********
Order Date: 09 March 2011

*************
*********

Münster-Wolbeck 48167
DE


Shipping Address:

**************
****************

Münster-Wolbeck 48167
DE



Product Name: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover - Collector's Edition
Platform: PC (Pre-Ordered)
pre-ordered release date: Mon Mar 21 00:00:00 CDT 2011
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: £42.01
Shipment Tracking Numbers:
Product Name: Silent Hunter III
Platform: PC
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: £0.00
Serial Number: ******************
Download



Subtotal: £42.01
Shipping: £0.00

Tax: £7.98
Total: £49.99




anyway I will let you know if the guys at UBi decide to cancel my order.

Last edited by jcenzano; 03-11-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 03-11-2011, 09:20 PM
ATAG_Doc ATAG_Doc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: A brothel in the Mekong Delta
Posts: 1,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcenzano View Post
this is the email I got from UBI. They have not charged it to my debit card yet, but up to now everithing looks good

Dear **************,


Thank you for ordering from Ubisoft Entertainment EMEA on 09 March 2011. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for DRI*Ubisoft Store on your credit card billing statement.

Note: If your order contains download products, you can complete the download by looking up your order using the information and link below. When the order summary appears, click on the Download link next to the product name. If your order contains physical products, you will receive a separate email notification when your products have shipped.

To look up your order, please visit: www.findmyorder.com

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
The Official Ubisoft Customer Service
shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/help


Your Order and Billing Information:

Order Number: ***********
Order Date: 09 March 2011

*************
*********

Münster-Wolbeck 48167
DE


Shipping Address:

**************
****************

Münster-Wolbeck 48167
DE



Product Name: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover - Collector's Edition
Platform: PC (Pre-Ordered)
pre-ordered release date: Mon Mar 21 00:00:00 CDT 2011
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: £42.01
Shipment Tracking Numbers:
Product Name: Silent Hunter III
Platform: PC
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: £0.00
Serial Number: ******************
Download



Subtotal: £42.01
Shipping: £0.00

Tax: £7.98
Total: £49.99




anyway I will let you know if the guys at UBi decide to cancel my order.
Funny here is mine.


Thank you for contacting the Ubisoft Store.

Order Date: January 20, 2011

We understand that you are asking for your order for IL-2 Sturmovik:
Cliffs of Dover.

The product that you ordered is a pre-order and has not yet been
released to the public. Although we do not have an estimated release
date, as soon as it is available your order will be promptly fulfilled
and you will be notified via email.

If you purchased via credit card, rest assured your card will not be
charged until the product has been released.

Last edited by ATAG_Doc; 03-11-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Let off date.
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 03-12-2011, 09:15 PM
jcenzano's Avatar
jcenzano jcenzano is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Seems like the UK UBI shop doesn't deliver the Collectors Edition abroad

By logging in to shop.ubi.com via a UK proxy you are able to find the Collectors Edition. You are also able to put it in your shopping cart, but you are not able to submit the order. Neither with PayPal nor with a credit card

I guess we'll have to make a trip to England this summer.
I found a way to order the CE safely through the proxy with PAYPAL/credit card (I tested it with PAYPAL).

1. go to UBI.com (according to your country) and create an account with your local addres. this account is valid also to login in UBI UK.

2.Use the proxy to order the collector edition UNTIL YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET REDIRECTED TO PAYPAL.

3.Without leaving the page, go to your browser configuration and unclick the proxy option, so now you navigate normally. (the UBI website won´t detect that you are not connecting from the uk anymore)

4. Procced normally (and safely) with your payment with PAYPAL.

I just ordered a collectors edition this way and got the payment confirmation email from PAYPAL

Last edited by jcenzano; 03-12-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 03-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Hans Hans is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 20
Default

Thanks, Jcenzano

The trick seemed to work, I just got confirmation from PayPal

Edit: I just got my order confirmed by shop.ubi.com, too
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover - Collector's Edition
"pre-ordered release date: Mon Mar 21 00:00:00 CDT 2011"

Last edited by Hans; 03-12-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 03-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Sauf Sauf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Thanks, Jcenzano

The trick seemed to work, I just got confirmation from PayPal

Waiting for the shipment...
Does this work? How much postage do they charge ect, wont UBI just refund the money once they see it is an OS address? Or want more money for shipping?

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 03-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Hans Hans is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 20
Default

No shipping charge from the UK to Finland. I suppose all of the EU is the same.

Quote from the confirmation I got from Ubi
Item(s): 40,64GBP
Shipping: 0,00GBP
Tax: 9,35GBP
Total: 49,99GBP
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:25 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.