1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool61 View Post
One minute 25-40+ fps then a couple planes enter the area and drop to 8-14 fps. This is much worse over ground at under 1K but becomes unplayable while others are close by.
Oldschool61 you need to append your signature with the details of your PC in order to help us identify the differences easier.

It could well be that you do not have a SSD drive and the delay is cause due to loading the new graphics when the new planes and/or ground details enter the vicinity.
This is combination of HDD and GPU VRAM.

Just an assumption...

~S~
Old 05-12-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
Each player's FM routines are computed on his own computer, and only the flight path data is transmitted to the server, which then broadcasts it to the other connected players.

What you experience is most probably because of the flight path interpolation routines, combined with the networking ones. I haven't tested the alpha/beta/gamma patch yet, but if this is the case, it is very bad. it means the renderer is waiting for the all the networking info of a game tick to arrive first, and only then renders the current frame, and that there are no flight interpolation/prediction routines to provide the renderer with predicted positions of player objects, in order to allot the render an "approximate" frame without having to wait for the other nearby player's network updates.

To check if this is really the case, the FPS must vary with your network latency, and also with other nearby-player's network latency too (the worst one of the rendered players would establish the pace).

Also, it can be caused by nearby player-only rendered effects (for example, the engine exhausts, as it was the case in the months after the release).

To check if this is the case, drop down your effects settings in the game, and watch the online with nearby-players FPS.
Thank you for the input and clarifications.

One question: How are AI controlled ac handled online? Does the server transmit their flight paths to clients, just like human players, or are all AI computations handled client-side? I'm asking this because I do not have the slow-down issue with AI aircraft online, say like when attacking AI bomber formations. I have the slow-down issue only with human players, which leads me to think player-only effects may be the true culprit. I'll test and see.

Regards
Old 05-12-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker_71 View Post
One question: How are AI controlled ac handled online? Does the server transmit their flight paths to clients, just like human players, or are all AI computations handled client-side? I'm asking this because I do not have the slow-down issue with AI aircraft online, say like when attacking AI bomber formations. I have the slow-down issue only with human players, which leads me to think player-only effects may be the true culprit. I'll test and see.
I don't know, it depends on the architecture they've decided to use. But it's either the server doing all the computations for the AI, and then broadcasting AI flights path data to the connected machines, either a distributed computing, in which each connected machine is receives a few AI's to take care of, does the computations for them, then sends their flight path data to the server, which in turn boardcasts them again for all the machines to receive.

Most probably, they haven't bothered with a distributed computing approach, as iti is more complicated, and not really necessary (unless you want a server to can handle hundreds or even thousands of AIs).
Old 05-12-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
my game runs worse with every launch of the game...i get continually launchercrashes(even offline now), and stutters and freezes seem to get worse with every gamestart....
its really funny that you are "glad" that after more than a year we still have launcher crashes...
maybe it's ypur PC i have not had a CTD in ages before and after the patch. But i do NOT fly online, only offline.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowddy View Post
maybe it's ypur PC i have not had a CTD in ages before and after the patch. But i do NOT fly online, only offline.

well, in this state of the game, i really doubt that is my pc.look at this forum, im not an exception.
besides, i did not have crashes when playing offline without this so called patch.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:50 PM

Default Saturday Update?

I may be wrong, but wasn't Blacksix going to provide an update before Saturday. I thought I read that somewhere.
Was there one?
Old 05-24-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post
Oldschool61 you need to append your signature with the details of your PC in order to help us identify the differences easier.

It could well be that you do not have a SSD drive and the delay is cause due to loading the new graphics when the new planes and/or ground details enter the vicinity.
This is combination of HDD and GPU VRAM.

Just an assumption...

~S~
I'm having the exact same issue, it's dropping from times to times from 40 to ~3 fps then back again, but when in a dogfight, it's just saying low.
... despite the fact I have a GTX 560 with 1 Gb of VRAM a Phenom X4 with 6 Gb of RAM, a fast hard drive, Windows 7.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:37 AM

My copy of IL-2 COD just came in the mail today, should I apply the beta patch or no? Note: I haven't played the game yet, just so if I should have the patch installed I wouldn't get used to the fixed bugs.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:54 PM

Default game diidnt start

hi,

i have installed the alpha patch and the core.dll, first i delete the chache file.

My Problem is, that the game try to start and then happens nothing. Under the task manager i can see that the prozess is running but then it dissappeard

i have tried eventhing, as adminastrator, no firewall etc. but it didnt run.

any idea ?

my system

2 4890 crossfire ati
Win 7 64 bit
4X3200mhz
Old 05-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

After a windows reinstall and a fresh install of the game I was greeted with a mesage when trying to load a single mession that went some thing like "cant find mesh ()"

Attempted to join server....screeen just went black and i would hit ESC to get back to brief

uninstalled game deleted all folders and reinstalled and ws able to play a single player mission applied hotfix and was greeted with a C++ runtime error when ever i tried to play single player or trak restored original core.dll adn was greeted with the mesh error again , game shows version 1.06?????

luth,black any thoughts?
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT