1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #351  
Old 10-11-2017, 09:29 PM
MattCaspermeyer MattCaspermeyer is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 542
Question Who'd you try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlancelot View Post
Perhaps too much. It seemed impossible without the cyclops.
I remember it being harder, but I don't think I had any problem with Xeona as my wife with her Demon troops.

What kind of troops did you use before you resorted to the Cyclops?

Matt
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 10-13-2017, 11:36 PM
Sirlancelot Sirlancelot is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCaspermeyer View Post
I remember it being harder, but I don't think I had any problem with Xeona as my wife with her Demon troops.

What kind of troops did you use before you resorted to the Cyclops?

Matt
A human army plus elves and dwarves. Consisting on something along the lines of Archmages, Horseman, Inquisitors, Elves and Dwarves.

Then I left archmages, dwarves and inquisitors and switch to Black Dragons, Unicorns and Cannoners. And finally discarded dragons in favour of cyclops. Regardless the army composition, all units were slaughtered except the cyclops, who ended the battle with 200 attack.
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old 10-14-2017, 03:54 AM
MattCaspermeyer MattCaspermeyer is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 542
Question How were you losing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlancelot View Post
A human army plus elves and dwarves. Consisting on something along the lines of Archmages, Horseman, Inquisitors, Elves and Dwarves.

Then I left archmages, dwarves and inquisitors and switch to Black Dragons, Unicorns and Cannoners. And finally discarded dragons in favour of cyclops. Regardless the army composition, all units were slaughtered except the cyclops, who ended the battle with 200 attack.
So can you tell me more about how you were losing?

For example, were you being overrun by the Dark Crystal summons or were the dead stacks being reanimated causing problems or was there some other issue?

Were you using your Phoenix, Ice Ball, etc.?

There is actually a strategy to this one and based on how you were losing, I could probably give you some tips...

Matt
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:58 AM
Sirlancelot Sirlancelot is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCaspermeyer View Post
So can you tell me more about how you were losing?

For example, were you being overrun by the Dark Crystal summons or were the dead stacks being reanimated causing problems or was there some other issue?

Were you using your Phoenix, Ice Ball, etc.?

There is actually a strategy to this one and based on how you were losing, I could probably give you some tips...

Matt
Totally overwhelmed by the enemies which were there already. The zombies and necromancers were specially mean. That's why I tried to counter effect with unicorns, whose increase magic resistance and horn of light could made a difference.

Yep, I used Ice Ball a few times. And Phantom. Not the best cannon fodder this time. Both were destroyed by a single skeletons attack. Same as Black Dragons.

Ice Ball proved to be useful later on, though. When my cyclops were agonizing, less units kept alive and the distance between them were larger.

My Mature Phoenix wasn't powerful enough to endure the fight.

Also employed traps and teleport to no avail.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 10-14-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #355  
Old 10-14-2017, 06:18 PM
Sirlancelot Sirlancelot is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 41
Default

Sigh. Now I'm struggling against Bagu. Any tip? It seems I cannot cope with his three spells per turn.

My army consist of Inquisitors, Black Dragons, Cyclops, Elves, Horsemen, Knights and Guardsmen. Two of them in reserve, obviously.

I cast Target on Horsemen (they have unlimited retaliation due to my son), but Bagu turns them into sheep or make them weaker through Pigmy. Things get worse when the orc boost his troops with Phantom or Berserk.

It seems key to get some of his units out of play, make them irrelevant. I try to do so through Ice Ball and Phantom, but haven't been very lucky so far.
Reply With Quote
  #356  
Old 10-14-2017, 09:20 PM
Sirlancelot Sirlancelot is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlancelot View Post
Sigh. Now I'm struggling against Bagu. Any tip? It seems I cannot cope with his three spells per turn.

My army consist of Inquisitors, Black Dragons, Cyclops, Elves, Horsemen, Knights and Guardsmen. Two of them in reserve, obviously.

I cast Target on Horsemen (they have unlimited retaliation due to my son), but Bagu turns them into sheep or make them weaker through Pigmy. Things get worse when the orc boost his troops with Phantom or Berserk.

It seems key to get some of his units out of play, make them irrelevant. I try to do so through Ice Ball and Phantom, but haven't been very lucky so far.
I did it!! I defeated the bastard on my own!! Epic.

My tactic was to maximize damage output by using repetidaly Cloud of Poison, Black Hole even when such strategy implied sacrify some of my units. And put meanwhile the rest of my last troops at safe positions, boosting them with Enchanted Hero and Gizmo, and using Ice Ball as both a distraction and a weapon.
Reply With Quote
  #357  
Old 10-15-2017, 09:48 PM
MattCaspermeyer MattCaspermeyer is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 542
Cool Wow - you've had some epic fights!

Glad you did it!

I think you're playing warrior, right?

Enchanted Hero is a very important spell to cast due to its autocast capability.

Could you not afford the Ancient Phoenix? What about getting your Evil Book to Level 3 or Summon Demon?

Glad Poison Could worked! I made that ability significantly better than the original. Also, I think Zerock's Wall can work really good for a Warrior as well as Lina's Ice Thorns for blocking troops, returning damage, etc. I'm glad Gizmo bailed you out.

As far as Karrador is concerned, it is important not to destroy his original stacks, but weaken them significantly so that the Dark Crystal summons new Undead troops that don't have the difficulty level bonuses applied to them; otherwise, if you destroy the original stacks, the Dark Crystal will just reanimate them.

Back to Bagud, I've never really had any trouble with him, either.

It is possible that since I like to end the game with Xeona and her Demon troops that they are just more powerful than some of the other troops. The ArchDemons are really potent with their Amalgamation ability and no retaliation and then Demons are really good with their summon and unlimited retaliation.

I actually haven't tried any other troop combinations since I like to cycle through each wife, having the 4 kids and then immediately moving on to the next wife (this works great for debugging, too). I find that when you can get each wife, that the troops she gives bonuses to are well suited to the area of the game you are going through.

My most difficult fight (where I usually can't do no loss) is fighting Xeona with Neoka's Elves. I find that Elves vs Demons is a poor matchup due to the fire vulnerability of the Elven Troops, but usually I have enough Ancient Ents to push through and since I'm about to switch to Xeona's troops, I don't necessarily mind losing most of my Elven troops during that battle.

Hey, by the way, did you run into any of the issues @SlickDragon mentioned, especially with the spell casting. I've been going through some of the code and I've never seen any issues before, but it is possible that there are some bugs lurking in there still.

Let me know how your fight with Haas goes! Also, what is your Hero Level and Spirit Levels now that you're at the end of the game?

Matt
Reply With Quote
  #358  
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM
Sirlancelot Sirlancelot is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 41
Default

Yeah, I beat Hass yesterday night with the warrior. Another epic fight, although surprisingly a bit easier than the others thanks to two factors: one, the sword you get from defeating Dreddho the Dragon in the tournament (+50% attack vs dragons); second, troops I bought specially designed to exploit Cloud of Poison. I purchased Royal Snakes and Shamans, to pair them with the cyclops and cast Cloud of Poison upon them when surrounded by dragons. He he, devastating.

And of course Enchanted hero, Gizmo, and the Reaper power to kill X% units from a troop (don't remember its name) were key again. First I went for the Ogres, then the dragons (tons of them) and finally face the Ancient ents (another +30 stack)

Finished the game with a level 30 character, 41 Zerock , 33 Sleem, 39 Lina and 47 Reaper.

Honestly I don't know if suffered all the bugs that Slick Dragon mentioned, I'm just certain about the archmages inability to shock and the weird critical percent calculations. I mean, some skills stated your troops would receive +30% to inflict a critical but only shown little increments in their related fields (tooltips)

Now started Armored Princess. =P I want to go with a ranged specialist this time, with Alchemists, Archmages and so on. What class would suit me better? =P I guess you didn't designed another version of your mod to AP, right?

Last edited by Sirlancelot; Yesterday at 06:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:11 AM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.