1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 06-30-2018, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
wasnt there a Boomerang made several years ago, from the aviator mod team in new zealand??
It was a victim of the 2011 Christchurch earthquake. IIRC, Team Pacific had the project well along, plus a few other projects, when they lost everything.

Moral: Backups. Multiple backups in multiple locations.

After that, I have no idea what happened to them. I think that they lost interest in modding IL2 and moved on to other things.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

more of a question than a request....
Is it possible to have the Net part of the game load random versions of say "MTO", like you can do in QMB by changing the suffix.
MTODogfight00, MTODogfight01, MTODogfight02 ect.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

I remember that there were some buildings that couldn't be destroyed if attacked. I mean, 16 fully loaded B-29's. I can't remember which ones, exactly, but, maybe Reichstag or Stella or Brandemburg Gate? I'm sure there are others.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
I remember that there were some buildings that couldn't be destroyed if attacked. I mean, 16 fully loaded B-29's. I can't remember which ones, exactly, but, maybe Reichstag or Stella or Brandemburg Gate? I'm sure there are others.
That might be intentional. All those objects are more or less solid stone and they survived countless air raids during the war.

Also, the Reichstag was destroyed before WW2 started, so in the game, it should already show up as destroyed!
Old 07-07-2018, 08:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
That might be intentional. All those objects are more or less solid stone and they survived countless air raids during the war.

Also, the Reichstag was destroyed before WW2 started, so in the game, it should already show up as destroyed!
Reichstag was damaged but "destroyed" would be exaggeration in my opinion.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

I understand that some of those building were super tough in reality, but still, shouldn't they at least have a charred sprite after being destroyed? I can't remember too well, but I believe the Reichstag had a charred sprite, but the Brandenburg gate didn't. Or maybe it was the other way around, I can't really remember.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
I understand that some of those building were super tough in reality, but still, shouldn't they at least have a charred sprite after being destroyed? I can't remember too well, but I believe the Reichstag had a charred sprite, but the Brandenburg gate didn't. Or maybe it was the other way around, I can't really remember.
Not much to burn on a big stone arch, but a "broken" model seems appropriate.

FWIW, the Reichstag did suffer additional damage during WW2, and for many years the central dome wasn't replaced. After German unification, the original dome was replaced with a clear glass one.

Given the famous Soviet film of Russian troops raising the red banner over the ruins of the Reichstag, it seems like a major oversight by 1C if they didn' include a destroyed model.

I guess I'll have to go and virtually bomb Berlin to make sure. . .
Old 07-11-2018, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Not much to burn on a big stone arch, but a "broken" model seems appropriate.

FWIW, the Reichstag did suffer additional damage during WW2, and for many years the central dome wasn't replaced. After German unification, the original dome was replaced with a clear glass one.

Given the famous Soviet film of Russian troops raising the red banner over the ruins of the Reichstag, it seems like a major oversight by 1C if they didn' include a destroyed model.

I guess I'll have to go and virtually bomb Berlin to make sure. . .
Now that you are bombing Berlin, I can't see for myself right now, so, I'll ask you. Is the Reich Chancellery building present in Berlin? I can't really remember.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

All the new aircraft added since 4.11 are not in the Temperature guide. Can we get this guide updated?
Old 07-25-2018, 10:29 PM
Approved Member

Hello! I hope is possible to adjust the text for new planes in "wiew object" section - yes, it isn't a priority, I know...