1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:48 PM

Also seraph, though not really helpful i'd guess but -

bristol blenhiem (bomber)
4 x250lb bombs
2 x500lb bombs

A nice bomber to fly as its fast. I've found its best to keep this bomber at low level (low as possible without bomb blast getting you). It has a mid upper gunner which can shoot only behind and also a belly turret aswell as a wing mounted machine gun.

Blenhiem is a good aircraft to use for beginner players who want speed, yet dont feel to confident in a dogfight. It flies fast and delivers its payload. Granted its not a lot but it does the job. Stay low and it makes it harder for you to be hit.

It has some armour but nowhere near as much as the likes of every other bomber, your strong point here as a bobmer as stated is your speed. Go in low and fast then move on to another target or come back for another pass. IF playing with limited ammo then this plane isnt really a good choice due to the very small payload it offers.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post
Also seraph, though not really helpful i'd guess but -

bristol blenhiem (bomber)
(...)
Nice! I like it. As always I'll rewrite it a bit, but it's clear what the (dis-)advantages are. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:45 AM

Great guide. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Hurricane actually does 12 mg's of damage in the game or 8? I'd thought I'd read elsewhere that there where a few typos with armament etc... of the respective aircraft. I'd hope so cause 12 mg's is a bit silly really (sort of plane I would've drawn as a kid but I'd have added turrets on the wings as well for good measure).
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 AM

Hmmm, I don't see the IL-10 listed. So far I can't tell any difference between it and the IL-2M. So far loving both along with the suckers who error to chase them and die on their 6.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zg26 View Post
Great guide. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Hurricane actually does 12 mg's of damage in the game or 8? I'd thought I'd read elsewhere that there where a few typos with armament etc... of the respective aircraft. I'd hope so cause 12 mg's is a bit silly really (sort of plane I would've drawn as a kid but I'd have added turrets on the wings as well for good measure).
As far as I know it does. I'm never too impressed by the damage of any MG though, so maybe I'm underestimating it. It'd be helpful if someone would elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CENOBITE View Post
Hmmm, I don't see the IL-10 listed. So far I can't tell any difference between it and the IL-2M. So far loving both along with the suckers who error to chase them and die on their 6.
I don't even have the IL-10, so I can't write anything about it. Are you on realistic/sim? Maybe you could try to find the difference and write a description about the 10 .
Old 10-21-2009, 12:02 PM

The hurricane does 12 mg's of damage instead of 8. with 8 it would of been a little weaker than most others, so with 12 its quite good.

The damage with 12 is fairly good due to the guns being grouped with 4 together near the inside of the wing, and then 2 together further out.

This makes hits more likely on an enemy as your shots are spread over a wider distance than most other planes. A great choice for rookies who like lots of rounds and tracers. As pointed out, great against early year models or anything later if you can get a few rounds of.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
I don't even have the IL-10, so I can't write anything about it. Are you on realistic/sim? Maybe you could try to find the difference and write a description about the 10 .
The only real difference is the 10 is slightly faster and has slight tougher armor as it was produced later on in the war.

Both planes sport 3 machine guns and 2 cannon, however the IL2-M can carry a slightly larger bomb/rocket payload.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:46 AM

I think ingame, the Il-10 is smaller than the Il-2M? Haven't played for a week or so so I'm not 100% on that.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
I think ingame, the Il-10 is smaller than the Il-2M? Haven't played for a week or so so I'm not 100% on that.
Slightly.

Its much faster than the IL2/M also and better armoured, and has better mobility, also has more powerful guns. The IL2/M has 20MM cannons x2 (as well as MG's) where as the IL10 has 23MM cannons x2 (as well as MG's) both have a rear gunner also, but the rear gunner on both uses the same gun. Still not the best for a dogfight but it does the job.

And speed it does have trying to catch this thing is a nightmare!! you need WEP and patience.

Last edited by FOZ_1983; 10-22-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:23 AM

Ok the IL10 i'll give loadouts etc the best i can....

2x50Kg bombs
2x50Kg bombs, 4 RS-82 (?) unsure about this one
2x50Kg bombs, 4 RS-132
2x100Kg bombs
2x100Kg bombs, 4 RS-132
2x100Kg bombs, 4 RS-82

The IL10 is basically an upgrade of the IL2/M, it has more manouvrability, more armour, more powerful guns and more speed. The same principals apply to the IL10 that are with the IL2. its sluggish in a turn compared to the more nimble fighters, but if your on its 6 then your asking for trouble due to the rear gunner. If your in its 12 then your also in trouble. Like the IL2 its best to avoid this one if you can, if you need to engage the try (not easy) to strafe across the wings or the easier approach of attacking from below. Be prepared to use up alot of ammo though as this is a tough bird to bring down.

IF you have someone on your 6, then always try to keep him above you where your rear guuner can get a few rounds off, if your near the ground then hug it, making it impossible for him to attack you from below.

Quick training mission - level flight at low level (1000ft) i can push 230MPH in the IL2/M and keep it at that speed. the IL10 i can push 250MPH in level fight at 1000ft.

This starts from level flight and then WEP eneabled for roughly 15/20 seconds for both the IL2/M and the IL10.

Higher or lower altitude they made do better/worse.

I didnt try the WEP or top speed for much longer because in a dogfight 15/20 seconds is a long time for flying in a straight line. You need any more help let me know.

Also - both planes were using guns only in this test, no bombs/rockets

Last edited by FOZ_1983; 10-22-2009 at 02:45 AM.