1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Blackdog, i guess your idea of a functioning sim is different to mine.

Dont get me wrong Blackdog i like reading your posts, but to me they are a fantasy rose tinted version of CLOD that i dont see when i fire up CLOD.
I hope your right and CLOD turns into the greatest sim of all time, i just see a sim that is still a mess after a year of patches.

Last edited by furbs; 02-19-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

everybody sees what they want to see.......

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 02-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
And I see massive slowdowns when Im looking at fire, dust and explosions, or sometimes, when more planes are low over cities. And most settings I have on med (plane model and textures set on high).

Last edited by Tvrdi; 02-19-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
And I see massive slowdowns when Im looking at fire, dust and explosions, or sometimes, when more planes are low over cities. And most settinsg I have on med.
Alot of people do, some are prepared to wait for the patch, others won't stop bleeting on about it just in case we have forgotten about them.

p.s. not an attack at anyone personally.......wouldn't want more angry PM's

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 02-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
Exactly, everybody has their own expectations and everyone has their own view of the game and how they think it should be. Nobody's right and nobody's wrong. Fact, CloD needs fixing. Fact, the team is working on it. When will the patch be ready, nobody knows.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
Hmm,

I think they've well been modeled long ago, like many modules with this sim. It's just now they are finally able to put them together.

Reading between the lines long ago about the detail level of the ground units, I definitely saw this coming. Notice these videos are almost 2 years old. It's no wonder they showed hatches opening etc! It's because people will be in there!

Good stuff!
My only fear is that every game that tries to be everything to everyone (FPS, land vehicles, sea vehicles, and air vehicles) ends up doing no one thing very realistically.

The BF series and RO are perfect examples..

Both have so so first person shooter aspects
Both have so so ground vehicles aspects
BF has so so air vehicles aspects
BF has so so sea aspects

WWII Online is another, but I have not tried it in years so I don't know its current state, but when I did try it, it too was so so in each aspect

There is only one game that has done a good job of this.. And that is the ARMA (aka operation flash point) series.. They do it all (FPS, land vehicles, sea vehicles, and air vehicles) but their main focus is on the FPS aspect. That is to say all the vehicles are secondary and not very realistic in how they operate

If 1C takes that approach, where their focus is on flying, and the rest is secondary I think we will be ok as flight simmers, Some say that is the impression they get from 1C reading the Russian forums

But if 1C tries to apply the level of detail in their planes to all the ground vehicles.. Well my fear is they will loose their focus on the flight simming aspect.. I fear the long standing rule of jack of all trades, master of none will be hard to beat
Old 02-19-2012, 03:00 PM

S!

Well the root for the CTD has been found and fixed which is good news So with the forthcoming patch and later FM/DM fixes CoD will really to begin it's take-off
Old 02-19-2012, 07:27 PM

Thread cleaned up again. Keep it on topic and your personal spats out of this thread.

Q6600 @ 2.4 / 4 GB ddr2 / GTX285 1 gb gfx / W7 64
Whiners to fanboys in one move, who'd a thought it!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
And I see massive slowdowns when Im looking at fire, dust and explosions, or sometimes, when more planes are low over cities. And most settings I have on med (plane model and textures set on high).
Tvrdi.. this happens to almost everyone.. and I realise people don't want to drop the setting.. but in your case going to 1680x1050 might help. This don't kill the eyecandy all that much, and aids in spotting contacts.Also set buildings detail to low.. trees off. Also set in the 1c docs folder config file. "drawifnotfocused=0...to 1. Seems to help with shimmering.. and gameplay smoothness. Give it a shot, and let us know how it worked for you.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit/AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B50 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 2gig/8gigs of RipJaw 1600
Old 02-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbs67 View Post
Tvrdi.. this happens to almost everyone.. and I realise people don't want to drop the setting.. but in your case going to 1680x1050 might help. This don't kill the eyecandy all that much, and aids in spotting contacts.Also set buildings detail to low.. trees off. Also set in the 1c docs folder config file. "drawifnotfocused=0...to 1. Seems to help with shimmering.. and gameplay smoothness. Give it a shot, and let us know how it worked for you.
Agh 1680 look terrible on 24" screen with native res 1920...buildings to low? ill try...trees, roads and grass I already turned OFF....SSAO OFF too....

Whats my point from earlier post? I have more than a decent rig and really I shouldnt be forced to set almost all to med or low just to be able to play...thats silly...all other games including very demanding ARMA2 and ROF are runnig rocket fast...
yes I know well get optimisation patch....thats my hope.....thanks for teh suggestions mate
Closed Thread