1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Looking for some old files of video (I can't at the moment to make new) I think it is possble to post some cuts tomorrow, but only if you all will understand that it is old middle of summer videos, when not all things were implemented (not all effects, present bugs, etc).
I simply have no ability to make real adv videos currently... we are busy with bugs removing, reworking some effects, etc... Say with polishing of product. That is really great work due to greatest complexity of the code (Just for example: for the aircaft we calculate now from 350 to 500+ single parameters, that need to be calculated simultaniosly almost all the time of flight for each airctaft doesn't matter is it AI or controlled by player. And it is if not speaking about any other parts of code....). So I simply can't ask my guys to compile specially the version just for friday update.... and especially without network....

Ok, I will think and see is it possible or not.
Nothing promised....
thank you Oleg, much appreciated...
Old 09-30-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately, I'm not the guy in the whole company who decided such things...
rgr.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
Please can you give us the hacker's name and adress.
We will deal with the problem
Yep. He is already d*ad!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I can't tell myself it untill it will be offically anounced.
Thanks anyway, i really appreciate your presence here answering questions and managing the whining
Old 09-30-2010, 12:29 PM

Thanks immensely for taking the time to fill us in Oleg. Having to deal with stuff like moving offices and thwarting hackers is distracting no doubt and taking the time to come here and fill us in is much appreciated.

1:C set the standard for developers interacting with the general community, and it's good to see that's still the case despite the years of whining, demands and criticism.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupaxx View Post
Hi Oleg,
I appreciate very much your daily contribute in this forum beyond the usual friday date.
Please, can you give us an example of 'bug' you are currently trying to solve in SOW? just to have an idea on what kind of complexity SOW has in his internal routines or features.
Thanks, thumbs up for your work.

At first we eleiminate interface bugs.
Then 3D engine bugs (say not so nice effect, not so nice border of the river, etc)
We check each aircraft for each parameter... for the damage... Say if you missed the wing... then the gun that was there shouldn' continue to shot
Something like this.

Also... we did a lot of different objects... We still place some buildings and other ground objects on the ground... manually that to get good looking picture without crossing each other objects....

Such bugs that are visible for the first or second look of user should be eliminated at first.
Other internal bugs, if is, could be even found later... As more complex product - more complex to find the bug.

1C has own test department. And they begun to "damage" our product for this purpose...
So we eliminate what was known ourselves and what discovering test department.

Maybe I tell too much in comparison to anybody else. But I always fair with users.
This is my principle of life.

Last edited by Oleg Maddox; 09-30-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Hi Oleg.
I have a small request, as it is with ati crossfire (nvidia SLI), will work? I ask because I have a chance to sell my 2x ati 5870.Please! Sorry for my english!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
Hi Oleg.
I have a small request, as it is with ati crossfire (nvidia SLI), will work? I ask because I have a chance to sell my 2x ati 5870.Please! Sorry for my english!
We tested it just on one PC currently. It works.
Luthier has such PC.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
At first we eleiminate interface bugs.
Then 3D engine bugs (say not so nice effect, not so nice border of the river, etc)
We check each aircraft for each parameter... for the damage... Say if you missed the wing... then the gun that was there shouldn' continue to shot
Something like this.

Also... we did a lot of different objects... We still place some buildings and other ground objects on the ground... manually that to get good looking picture without crossing each other objects....

Such bugs that are visible for the first or second look of user should be eliminated at first.
Other internal bugs, if is, could be even found later... As more complex product - more complex to find the bug.

1C has own test department. And they begun to "damage" our product for this purpose...
So we eliminate what was known ourselves and what discovering test department.

Maybe I tell too much in comparison to anybody else. But I always fair with users.
This is my principle of life.

...thanks a lot for your reply...very interesting..
ok send me a copy of SOW and i'll test it for you....for free naturally..
I promise I'll be very confidential and I'll never divulge anything about SOW to anybody....
Ciao, thanks again
Old 09-30-2010, 12:48 PM

Hi Oleg, can we hope to play with SoW before the end of this year?