1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG-09 View Post
Two weeks guys! Just two looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong weeks!
After 10 years of waiting, I am ready to wait another 10 years! The Storm Of Waiting will be over soon!
/I have bought a bottle of fine Champaigne for that Glorious moment!/
~Cheers!
Looks like we got another one who cracked under the presure

I keep holding on to this: The longer they work on it the better, since flight sims cant be perfect it sure does mean that working longer on it will get closer to that ultimate goal. On my behalf I wouldnt mind when they announced it will be next year, although I think that is not financially possible.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Looks like we got another one who cracked under the presure

I keep holding on to this: The longer they work on it the better, since flight sims cant be perfect it sure does mean that working longer on it will get closer to that ultimate goal. On my behalf I wouldnt mind when they announced it will be next year, although I think that is not financially possible.
With this argument, Duke Nukem Forever must be awesome

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 09-29-2010, 10:16 PM

They can´t release it in a too crude form, right.
But releasing it in a no totally "perfect" way is necessary sometime.
The only way to made it "perfect" and Il2 already prove it, is giving the child to the players and patching later.
With this words I´m sure Oleg will be convinced and SOW will be launched next week.
(OK,I´m too optimistic,maybe TWO weeks,right...)

Last edited by lbuchele; 09-29-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:40 PM

Oleg,

You are teh sex!!!!

I can not wait!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:08 AM

Are really around some dudes who think it will be released in two weeks ??
Old 09-30-2010, 01:37 AM
Approved Member

I remember when I saw IL-2 Sturmovik jpgs for the first time in..I guess it was 2000. I saw that 109 F2 starting up with dust all around it and noticed that the wing tips actually looked round and noticed how beautiful..for that time...that F2 looked. At that time I was flying Warbirds and Janes WWII Fighters online. When I saw that F2 it's all I thought about untill the Demo came out in late August 2001, no F2 but the G2 a Stumovik a P-39 and a ...Lag? I can't remember the fourth. I still have VHS tapes of me and other friends flying that Demo back then, what fun times. Then the game came out in Canada on the 27th of November and a week earlier in the states. I almost drove down to Oroville across the border in WA. State to get a copy but I didn't trust my car. When it rained your feet would get wet and the shift cable came off about twice a week.

Anyway the impact that Storm Of War will have will be the same as the impact 2001 IL-2 Sturmovik had I feel. Just in closing, one thing that IL-2 has never done is mislead us or show anything that is phoney like the movie below. Microsoft put this movie out pushing their CFS3 product, when it came out I bought it right away thinking this thing was going to be fantastic...I took it back to the store an hour after it was installed

Old 09-30-2010, 01:50 AM
Approved Member

Some old 2001 IL-2 Stumovik screens. I could still play this game and have fun
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grab0000.jpg (84.3 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg Hackl.jpg (382.2 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg death.jpg (369.3 KB, 125 views)
Old 09-30-2010, 04:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
I remember when I saw IL-2 Sturmovik jpgs for the first time in..I guess it was 2000. I saw that 109 F2 starting up with dust all around it and noticed that the wing tips actually looked round and noticed how beautiful..for that time...that F2 looked. At that time I was flying Warbirds and Janes WWII Fighters online. When I saw that F2 it's all I thought about untill the Demo came out in late August 2001, no F2 but the G2 a Stumovik a P-39 and a ...Lag? I can't remember the fourth. I still have VHS tapes of me and other friends flying that Demo back then, what fun times. Then the game came out in Canada on the 27th of November and a week earlier in the states. I almost drove down to Oroville across the border in WA. State to get a copy but I didn't trust my car. When it rained your feet would get wet and the shift cable came off about twice a week.

Anyway the impact that Storm Of War will have will be the same as the impact 2001 IL-2 Sturmovik had I feel. Just in closing, one thing that IL-2 has never done is mislead us or show anything that is phoney like the movie below. Microsoft put this movie out pushing their CFS3 product, when it came out I bought it right away thinking this thing was going to be fantastic...I took it back to the store an hour after it was installed

oh yeah... the game was exactly how showed in the footage there . I personally hate when they show rendered scene instead of in-game scene... I hope MS will not do the same with the incoming Flight... but in the last media they released looks like they mixed rendered (the clouds at the begining) and in game footage.. hhmmmm
Old 09-30-2010, 06:23 AM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG-09 View Post
Two weeks guys! Just two looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong weeks!
After 10 years of waiting, I am ready to wait another 10 years! The Storm Of Waiting will be over soon!
/I have bought a bottle of fine Champaigne for that Glorious moment!/
~Cheers!
If you've drunk the champagne you can't even fly. Then you have to wait even longer!

If you are insecure: use more bullets.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Some old 2001 IL-2 Stumovik screens. I could still play this game and have fun
This is where true quality shines through. Sure I suppose you could argue it looks a little long in the tooth now, we're all used to the current gen and everything looking super sharp and pretty.

Looking at these shots now, you can see the detail, the love and all the hard work that went into making it. It was groundbreaking back then and still holds it's head high even now, almost a decade later.

I have every confidence SOW will be the next generation to see us well into the future. Even Oleg states that not everything he's planning is possible to see in the initial release, but I'm sure with time they will be gradually rolled into the product.

Very excited.

I have the luxury of only really discovering il2 and SOW recently. Oh how I commend the patience of the faithful who have been following from the start.

Can't wait.