1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:04 AM

Default Kings Bounty vs. Fantasy Wars

Hi,

I'm kinda new playing games from 1C Games. But after playing around 50 hours with Kings Bounty I have to say that I will continue to play and look for new games from this awesome brand. Kings Bounty is the best game I've played since I stoped with WoW. I know, I know, many ppl hate that game, but it's really one of the best. Only reason I stoped playing it was because of the timedemanding.
As for Kings Bounty, it's one of the top five(if not the best) single player game that I've played the last years. Whats better than getting up in the morning, making yourself a cop of coffe, turn on your computerm start the game and you start to get exited what comes up this day with your character

Anyhow, back to the topic. I'm soon done with the game, very sad, so I'm considering either play as a new character or buy the game Fantasy Wars and start playing that one.
I have seen screenshots from the game and such and to me it looks like a great game as well.
But for you guys who have played both of em, would I be disapointed playing that game now that Kings Bounty was such an awesome and great trip?
Old 11-05-2008, 02:07 PM

I was not a big fan of Fantasy Wars to be honest. You should definitely play the demo before you buy it. Or try Space Rangers 2.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:42 PM

You need to be a strategy gamer to like Fantasy wars (I really liked it).
It is a slower paced game that requires much more thinking than KB, but it does not have KB's nice graphics. Story is pretty good though.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:51 PM

Yeah, it's a very different game. Though one I liked a lot, and if you like deeper strategy games I'm sure you'll like it too. Like King's Bounty it feels very polished, and it's definitely one of the top games in its genre. But as it's so different from KB, perhaps it's a good idea to check the demo first.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Approved Member

gamersgate got a 2 for 1 special this weekend. still some time left to get in on this it seems. get fantasy wars and king's bounty for the price of one game. pretty good. I already owned both games on there, which is too bad.. hehe
Old 11-10-2008, 09:44 AM

Excellent game Fantasy Wars. Just get those Assasins in the forest and retaliate everything you can!

Great game and I completed it on every level. The final fight was VERY tough.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

You can check Fantasy Wars on this forum (but under Fantasy wars of course, instead King's Bounty )

I personally advise to try Fantasy Wars - it is absolutely worth it.

For more tips, but not only from 1C Company check this thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4994
Old 12-02-2008, 09:27 PM

Loved both of them. Now I want more!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
Loved both of them. Now I want more!
Tried all existing mods on KB? (now we all wait for the UNDEAD ARMY mod) -> also you can MOD it by yourself, it is really easy -> it will give new totally new game experience... in one of the best graphical and audio game worlds available for singleplayer nowdays