1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-07-2009, 04:06 PM
FarAway Sooner FarAway Sooner is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8
Default Can I Erase Spells from my Spell Book

I tried searching for an answer to this question but couldn't find any.

Early on in my play as a Mage, I learned a bunch of spells that I'm not ever using, and now my Spell book is full. I know I can expand my Spell book a little through skill picks, but is there any way to erase spells that I'm never going to use? I'm worried that my Spell book is choked with Level 1 spells and all I ever do in the early levels is cast Fireball, Poison Skull, and the occasional Trap spell.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Zonc Zonc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 68
Default

No you can't.

And that's a pity, me too wasted crystals on spells that I have never used.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-08-2009, 01:36 AM
FarAway Sooner FarAway Sooner is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Yeah. Even more than the Crystals, I'm worried about having wasted slots in my spell book on Lvl 1 spells.

Guess I need to start over my game where I've made it to Level 7 as a Mage.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-08-2009, 02:46 AM
Ryastar's Avatar
Ryastar Ryastar is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarAway Sooner View Post
Yeah. Even more than the Crystals, I'm worried about having wasted slots in my spell book on Lvl 1 spells.

Guess I need to start over my game where I've made it to Level 7 as a Mage.
Wait, what? There is no limit on the number of spells you can have in your spellbook. Seriously, all you`ve wasted is crystals.

That, and you never know what spells you`ll find useful later, and that level one spells don`t cost many crystals. You should be fine in the long run.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-08-2009, 09:52 PM
FarAway Sooner FarAway Sooner is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Really? In the "Wisdom" skill description it says "This skill increases the number of scrolls you can have in your spell book".

If that just means "the number of scrolls I can carry around that aren't scribed into my spellbook", that is much cooler. And means I didn't waste that first bit of playtime.

Thanks so much for those clarifications, guys! I love the game play, but was annoyed at such a lengthy slog for a dead-end that wasn't documented any where.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Stepsongrapes Stepsongrapes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarAway Sooner View Post
If that just means "the number of scrolls I can carry around that aren't scribed into my spellbook", that is much cooler. And means I didn't waste that first bit of playtime.
That's all it means. Sell extra copies of scrolls occasionally and you'll have no worries.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-15-2011, 07:26 PM
merlim merlim is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Sorry about my lack of knowledge regarding KB general stuff...

Im trying to buy new spells but everytime that I try I receive a message telling me that I can´t buy new spells... I´ve been tryin to sell some scrolls (a lot of them) even in such way I can´t buy new spells ... why ??

Thanks in advance !
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Sir Whiskers Sir Whiskers is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlim View Post
Sorry about my lack of knowledge regarding KB general stuff...

Im trying to buy new spells but everytime that I try I receive a message telling me that I can´t buy new spells... I´ve been tryin to sell some scrolls (a lot of them) even in such way I can´t buy new spells ... why ??

Thanks in advance !
Each class has a limit on the maximum number of scrolls they can have at any one time. If you are at or above the limit, you will not be allowed to purchase spells. The only ways to get below the limit are to 1) scribe the scrolls into your spellbook (once per spell, uses crystals), 2) use the scrolls in combat, or 3) sell them at a castle.

Hold the cursor over the "Spells" button. You should see two numbers, such as 2/8 or 0/10. The first number is how many scrolls you currently have, the second number is the max number of scrolls you can carry. You can exceed the maximum by finding scrolls as treasure, but not through buying.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-17-2011, 05:42 PM
merlim merlim is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Whiskers View Post
Each class has a limit on the maximum number of scrolls they can have at any one time. If you are at or above the limit, you will not be allowed to purchase spells. The only ways to get below the limit are to 1) scribe the scrolls into your spellbook (once per spell, uses crystals), 2) use the scrolls in combat, or 3) sell them at a castle.

Hold the cursor over the "Spells" button. You should see two numbers, such as 2/8 or 0/10. The first number is how many scrolls you currently have, the second number is the max number of scrolls you can carry. You can exceed the maximum by finding scrolls as treasure, but not through buying.
Thank you very much Sir Wiskers ! Your answer was exactly what I wanted!
Best wishes !!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.