1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 03-03-2009, 12:56 AM

So far im doing 2 demon summonings at beginning of battle. Or 2 ice snakes at beginning of battle depending.
After the first turn the demons are the ones taking beatings so im heavily ranged based now.

Also berserk, mass bless, mass haste, mass weakness are all worth learning as well but its hard to get everything since runes can be hard to get and mana as well. You have to pick and choose and base a strategy around your guy.

Last edited by skel1977; 03-03-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:33 PM

Geyser, Pain Mirror -> get to level 3 Distortion Magic, both spells rock.

Also important: Resurrection, later on after you got "Time Back" Sacrifice.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:47 PM

Level 26 Mage on Impossible, and I still use direct damage spells with frightening efficiency.

My Kamikaze spell does a max over over 8000 damage. Fire Rain does just over 6000 damage. Ice Snake does 6750 damage to the initial target.

42 intelligence will do that.

Actually it'll be 47 soon, since I'm about to finish "draining" the Pain Skull.

I actually find Geyser kind of weak for the mana cost, unless it's a battle with exactly 8 stacks which do not resist physical damage (much or at all).

Right now I have a full army, since the Pain Skull halves my Mana. But I actually got from level 18 to level 25 by winning battles against hordes in Death Land and Elinia with a single stack of Necromancers. No other army. That's due to a little Invisibility abuse.

THAT is one of my favourite/most powerful spells in the game.
With the Might tree undead upgrades, your Necromacers have 9 Initiative (8 if enemy has Black Dragons present). It means you get to cast first, before any enemy action. Invisibility is your first spell, then just do Kamikaze on the next three turns. Invisibility lasts 4 turns (and you can replenish it without ever getting movement from the enemy, with the wait command, thanks to high Initiative, the enemy finishes its turn before you have to press "defend"), so the Kamikaze cycle starts before even your first cast of Invisibility expires.

At 5500-8500 damage per each bomb for 15 mana, the Kamikaze cycle is a wonder to behold.

After that my Necromancers raise the dead three times, and these mop up the survivors (if any).

And the wonderful thing is that while Kamikaze can't be cast on Black Dragons, it CAN be cast on the units NEXT to them.

If for some reason I'm running out of mana, there's the magic spring + poison rain trick. Or even just summoning a Demon Gate and then using magic spring on the demon. Doing so in conjunction with an Ice Ball taking away some attention from the summoned stack helps it survive.

So, even on Impossible difficulty, you can still go with direct damage spells IF you push your Intelligence (and mana) up at the expense of everything else. My Attack is at 7 and defense only at 15, IIRC. Really low, yes, but then it doesn't matter when 90% of the damage comes from my spells and 90% of enemy units never get to hit anything.

Of course if I was still playing a Warrior or Paladin on Hard/Impossible, I'd get myself a nice stack of Skeleton Archers and use Dragon Arrows on 'em. Now THAT is some insanely broken damage (10 Black Dragons gone in a single shot from ~1500 archers)!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:34 AM

Monstruel I tried your Kamikaze tehnique and it's really great! I don't have such high INT as you only 35, but I have killed lvl 30 fight (dragon) at the tournament with lvl 23 mage (only 5 green dragons in my army).

I must say that you found a gem! Wonderfull!

I started with this at lvl 22, because I haven't found Invisibility spell before. In other fights I have also combined with some Demon gates and Magic spring if needed, that's all...

So far I have found only one problem with this kind of fighting. Evil book and Plants... they still seem to see me, so there this does not work...
Old 03-31-2009, 08:50 PM

I'm a bit confused. Are you casting Kamikaze on your own troops and just moving them next to the enemy?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:27 PM

No no... you hide one troop you have. I think the best one unit to have right now are emerald (green) dragons...

So first you cast Invisibility spell on them, then you put Kamikaze (bomb) on the enemy units, and you just press defend or wait on your dragons... till round four. Then I use Invisibility spell again and do the process again. The only troop you can not cast Kamikaze on are Black dragons, but the unit exploding next to them kill's them.

Since I started this I killed everything only with spells, no need for units. There were maybe 5 out of 50 fights that I used demon gate to clean up everything. Right now I have 149 mana and 39 INT.

BUM all the way!
Old 04-01-2009, 06:34 PM

Wow, that sounds great. But the description for Kamikaze clearly says that it's for your own troops: "A bomb is attached to the friendly target...", so I always thought that it could only be cast on your own troops and never tried it out. Is this possibly a bug?

Regardless, it sounds like fun and I'll try it out.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Approved Member

Well in my opinion name of spell speaks for itslelf .. should be only on your units so i think its bug
Old 04-05-2009, 06:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritiy View Post
As a Mage (playing normal), at the later stages of the game, I have found that Magic Trap is the most valuable spell for me. Upgraded to lvl 3 it does cca 3000 points of damage and, even more important, stops the enemy in its tracks.
What is also great is that Trap even works with Dragons (and other flying creatures) and Archdevils (which teleport themselves). You will have to guess where a dragon or archdevil would land for it to be effective but if you are carefull on how you position your troops you might 'lead' them where you want them.
Is the correct answer. Great spell.

Another spell that is great is pain mirror. My mage in the last game had it over 200% damage return. I'd send my Fairies in, they'd get hammered by level 5 enemies, pain mirror, time back, thanks for coming.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:55 AM

Magic Spring: Good for very long battles where you have a tank stack.
Fear: Low cost disable with long duration if used right
Demon Gate: Excellent fodder and blocking spell (Demons are the best, obviously). If coupled with Magic Spring, it's possible to keep the mana pool refilled very quickly.
Sacrifice: Makes more troops. If you have Demonesses or Hypnosis, can make troops at enemies' expense.
Gift: Very handy for non-Ryders who have rely on Inquisitors for Resurrection in early game.
Invisibility: Essential for many of the cheesy tactics.
Armageddon: If you ever get this spell, it is game over for pretty much any enemy army.

On the other hand, I don't find Sheep very useful simply because it costs an enormous amount of mana and there are other spells out there that can be just as useful.