1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Movie Making and Videos

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 01:01 AM

Default IL-2 and COD Movie Competition ENTRIES and DISCUSSION

Post your embedded Movies for the 2012 COD Movie Competition here in this thread.

Forum members will be free to discuss/comment here upon all entered/posted movies.

Competition Rules, Procedures, Prizes, etc are to be found at the "MOVIE COMPETITION Announced!!!! Big Prizes!!!" thread. Any questions about the Competition, itself, should be posted in that thread.

This thread is ONLY about the movies, themselves, which have been entered. Any posts deviating into discussions of the COD game engine, graphics, pilot tactics, technical matters, FPS, graphics cards, Control settings, FM/DM, Skins, terrain textures, polygon counts, bugs, patches, etc will be deleted. If any movie entry stimulates such comments or concerns or questions about any such matters, they should be raised in one of the other appropriate Sub-forums for discussion; a link in any such subforum post back to the movie here which got your attention should suffice to support your discussion there on the matter.

Please view and enjoy all of the entered Movies here in this thread....and please respect the effort put into the creation of the entered movies by your fellow Cliffs of Dover fans/afficionados/flyers.

Thanks
DR

i7-3770K 3.50 GHz_16GB RAM_GIGABYTE Z77 mobo_GTX680(4GB)_ASUS 24" LCD_LG Z506 speakers_240GB SSD_2TB HDD_LG BluRay&DVDRW Drive_Win7 Pro 64

Last edited by DoolittleRaider; 02-14-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:00 PM

ATTENTION: If you plan to enter a Movie into the Competition, even if you are not finally decided to do so, please send a Private Message to me. This will help me plan for administering the competition down the road when the Movie entries are posted here. I will also be able to directly alert and update specific competitors as Competition developments/modifications may occur.

i7-3770K 3.50 GHz_16GB RAM_GIGABYTE Z77 mobo_GTX680(4GB)_ASUS 24" LCD_LG Z506 speakers_240GB SSD_2TB HDD_LG BluRay&DVDRW Drive_Win7 Pro 64
Old 02-08-2012, 04:38 PM

Default IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Movie "Wings of Affliction"

Hello everyone,

This is my entry to the IL-2 Movie Competition titled "Wings of Affliction".

Without a doubt this is definitely the biggest flight sim movie i have ever done. During the making of this movie i managed to do the unthinkable when i accidentally saved over my whole project in the final stages of development which was ultimately heartbreaking, but in true flight sim enthusiast style i kept on and rebuilt it from the ground up and now i am pleased to present my entry "Wings of Affliction" to the IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Movie competition
Big thanks to The Flight Sim Movies board, DoolittleRaider, 1c Publishing, and everyone who is taking part in this competition and making it happen!

Enjoy!

[Movie tweaked/updated by Kyletiernan on 20 February...DoolittleRaider]

Last edited by DoolittleRaider; 02-22-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:16 PM

Thanks for entering, Kyle. Good Luck!

DR

Last edited by DoolittleRaider; 02-11-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyletiernan View Post
Hello everyone, this is my entry for the COD Movie Competition titled "Wings of Affliction". Looking forward to seeing some great movies being made for this sim! Without further a due i give you Wings of Affliction...

Bravo kyletiernan, I like it.

Last edited by DoolittleRaider; 03-03-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:37 PM

- Here is my entry for the Cliffs of Dover Movie Competition! - I thought I might as well (almost) start it off, and let's face it: the technical production values of future entries can only get better than my pitiful no-editing-no-cutting-but-boatload-of-annotations-effort. So, at least it will look OK until the next entry comes along...

We're back in Il-2 Cliffs of Dover, back in the cockpit of the gorgeous Spitfire, and back in the air over Hawkinge Aerodrome!

I queued up with an unknown buddy on the ATAG server and well, the rest is my imagination and this movie came out of it...

The Channel map just looks splendid in the early morning light, and there are some pretty cool moments in the vid, I think. As when I fly through a hail storm of bullet casings from the other Spitfire. Low-level aerobatics over the sumptuous landscape also looks great, with the tress, shadows, bump mapping and rich textures. Not you daddy's Russian steppes...

Find it at www.flightsimvids.com (first of the "fun vids"). As always it looks its best at 1080p and in fullscreen.
(If the link acts up, just press "youtube" in the lower right corner of the screen and you will go to the youtube page)

Hope you enjoy this video and pls post a comment if you feel like it: they are a big part of why I do my movies!

Youtube embed:

Last edited by Freycinet; 02-10-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:38 PM

Epic entry Kyle! (Just saw it now...)
Old 02-11-2012, 04:24 AM

Thanks for entering, Freycinet. Good Luck!

DR

Old 02-13-2012, 12:45 AM

Good to see the entries coming in, thanks kyletiernan and Freycinet.

I'm really looking forward to being one of the judges for this competition. It doesn't seem so long ago that quite a few of us were pumping out videos from that old game called IL2 (that is still going strong).

Now you guys have an amazing looking sim from which to make films from, and this, I believe is the FIRST official Cod movie competition. You want to be able to look back in years to come and say "I was there"?

Making films in IL2 was a life changer for me in many ways - I hope it can be the same for many of you in this community.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAF602_Joe90 View Post
Now you guys have an amazing looking sim from which to make films from, and this, I believe is the FIRST official Cod movie competition. You want to be able to look back in years to come and say "I was there"?

Making films in IL2 was a life changer for me in many ways - I hope it can be the same for many of you in this community.
You are too humble, Joe90....you were one of the very best IL-2 movie-makers and have moved on to professional movie making in the real world! A Fantastic achievement!

Let the judging begin...

Closed Thread