1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 05-27-2012, 12:22 PM

Default A documentary worth seeing

I am terribly sorry, it is in German

It is a documentary about the addiction of teens to computer games. Needless to say, the WOW teens are the ones with the most tragic stories.
Spielen Wenn der Computer suechtig macht

~S~
Old 05-27-2012, 12:52 PM

I bet it stinks in that lan party.

My dad said to me, you spend to much time on your computer. I said and what about you setting there watching TV everynight for hours on end? You dont even like whats on you just watch it cos your bored! 3 days later... He cancelled the TV licence and got rid of the TV. No hes sucking up my bandwidth
Old 05-27-2012, 01:07 PM

please post some english subs or english version if its available.

imo without seeing the doc the main cause of the extreme cases is an horrible lack of education of the parents, if my children spend 10 hours a day in dront of a pc i would be ashamed of financing that abomination. how many tools my "theorical son" will gain by doing that? it will make him a happier person ? it will make his life better?? , life is too short to waste it in front of a monitor
today anyone have children and with that lack of education its like a snowball, imagine the sons of a 10 h/day wow player

Last edited by chantaje; 05-27-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:18 PM

what about people working 10-12 hours thats insane

for two months i got to work 16 hours a day to buy a bike now i work four and plan not to do anymore

what i spend the time most is thinking of my things like self stable inverted pendulums or patterns in chaos

half hour playing and half hour in forums

oh and ten hours sleeping of course
Old 05-27-2012, 01:33 PM

you have a decent point but i dont think that work can be compared to "gaming" 10 h /*day , work or starve
on the other hand i see "philosophical thinking" much more productive than cliking the screen . the brain is a muscle, at least analizing ideas makes you move the muscle.

if my theorical son spend the day thinking maybe i would be worried of what will be of his life but at least he is making his brain move and with a lot of luck he can be a future writer , philosofer . he is gaining something of it.

what would anyone gain with Wow or almost any game by abusing of it???
Old 05-27-2012, 01:55 PM

well if the sense of life was to be happy which i doubt it would make sense playing wow 10 hours a day if it makes you happy

the problem with this is that they put electrodes in the brain of rats in the pleasure centers that were triggered when the rats pressed a button and they would not even touch the food not to stop pressing the button

maybe wow its something like this a bit

but hey kudos to the original poster since clod its the same

edit:

some times seeing what people spend on hardware just for this game and how they take the game problems to the heart and the level of nerdyness into wwii aviation makes me undersatnd what im doing here

Last edited by raaaid; 05-27-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
My dad said to me, you spend to much time on your computer. I said and what about you setting there watching TV everynight for hours on end? You dont even like whats on you just watch it cos your bored! 3 days later... He cancelled the TV licence and got rid of the TV.
I think you should be proud to have such a positive effect to your father. Consider yourself lucky... Most adolescents do not enjoy so much recognition (unless if you are over 30years old thus, I am saying rubbish... it can happen; My father is 76 years old and still plays IL2FB; he is a lousy pilot though, useless wingman lousy deflection shots )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
Now hes sucking up my bandwidth
ROFL!

~S~

PS. If I ever find subtitles I will post them.