1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by =KAG=Bersrk View Post
Guys:

Among all tanks, the only problem I had with KV-1. it should be hit directly in the top of turm. But against Shermans, T-34 and all other lighter tanks it is perfect, I remember I had one mission, with result: 12 T-70, 9 T-34 and 3 KV-1 destroyed

Actually, I will look through my records, if some tracks are still exist... I cant record new ones, because my mouse joystick does not work with Win7 (64bit), and it is need a time to search new version of sofware. I didnt flew for 3 month already
You must hit the tank directly into the top of the turret at a high angle.

The Bf110 has an instability problem with the nose wobbling even when perfectly trimmed and rudder inputs at neutral and firing your weapons.
This with the slow rof of the BK37 makes it a poor tank buster under combat conditions, its safer to take bombs and get in and out fast, killing tanks with the BK37 takes time, alot of time but not impossible.

Don't even mention the Stuka G1, Im sure those guns are firing the same HE rounds and not AP as the BF110

Old 02-25-2010, 08:56 PM

The instability is something I've noted as well. It only appears when the aircraft becomes unstable for some reason (provoked on some way). Have to be smooth on the controls if one is to be aiming carefully or wobble will potentially ruin it. The 3.7 cannon certainly provokes it a bit.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:46 AM
Approved Member

To achieve precision with the one must throttle down to not less then 30% power
in the dive => +40°, use the rudder ONLY for last second aim correction and aim about a meter, meter and a half, above the real aim spot.
For starters one should begin the dive at 1100m.
It doesn't matter if one hits the turret-top or the engine cover, one shot, one tank.
One good shot is way better than 2 or 3 hasty shots.
With 62 shots in the magazine the enemy fighters are usually sooner than the empty magazine.
The ju87g1 is much easier to use as it is a bit more stable, slower and has always 2 rounds fired, but only 12 shots.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

I have just looked over a test track I made using Bf110 & Bk3.7

I dont usually make tracks but this needs addressing.

Some of these claims of 1 hit any where on a tank and a instant kill I find amazing.

In the track against a Sherman I have made several runs at different angles speeds etc,

I found some taking 3 hits to the rear and engine compartment still not killed, and some taking hits on the rear turret and not being destroyed.

So the "one hit " anywhere claim don't stand with me.

I have a track and its easy to see my missed shots as they explode in the snow on on the road, all other shots are hits on tanks and easy to see at 1/4 speed.

The track has me attacking in different ways so forgive my inaccuracy as I was trying things I didn't usually do.

See what you think

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MSMB9WX9

Screenshot from track, this was the second Bk37 hit the first hit the engine compartment the second the turret rear still no destroyed Sherman !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
IL2 1946 Bk 37 is HE round not AP

So killing Shermans must be a round straight into the turret hatch or rear turret area ??
Some early Soviet tanks can be killed with 20mm from the sides.

It was originally AP round in first model with the gun (IIRC) angled down but that was revised into BK 37 HE bomber killer.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 02-28-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
I have just looked over a test track I made using Bf110 & Bk3.7

I dont usually make tracks but this needs addressing.

Some of these claims of 1 hit any where on a tank and a instant kill I find amazing.

In the track against a Sherman I have made several runs at different angles speeds etc,

I found some taking 3 hits to the rear and engine compartment still not killed, and some taking hits on the rear turret and not being destroyed.

So the "one hit " anywhere claim don't stand with me.

I have a track and its easy to see my missed shots as they explode in the snow on on the road, all other shots are hits on tanks and easy to see at 1/4 speed.

The track has me attacking in different ways so forgive my inaccuracy as I was trying things I didn't usually do.

See what you think

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MSMB9WX9

Screenshot from track, this was the second Bk37 hit the first hit the engine compartment the second the turret rear still no destroyed Sherman !!

It is clearly to see that your angle is too shallow!
As i've written one should have 40+ degree dive angle to get the 1 shot 1 kill results.
The kw1 or is2 sometimes need 2 shots but t34, t44, and shermans need just 1 hit,
best target is the enine compartment, it is bigger then the turret top.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

My point is its clearly an HE round Not an AP

I'll stick to taking bombs

Old 03-02-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
It is clearly to see that your angle is too shallow!
As i've written one should have 40+ degree dive angle to get the 1 shot 1 kill results.
The kw1 or is2 sometimes need 2 shots but t34, t44, and shermans need just 1 hit,
best target is the enine compartment, it is bigger then the turret top.
Please post me a track, because I really don't seem to manage it. Actions are clearer than words .
Old 03-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

Will do, soonest.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

So, as requested is here the 110 as tank-killer.
The flying you will see is not the best because i am not in training.
But you will see one shot -> one tank
http://robtek.de/quick0000.ntrk
Old 03-04-2010, 11:40 PM

I've had alot more sucess with the Ju87G1 with the 3.7's than the 110 personaly.

But I have noticed that the Stuka 3.7's do not make the same blast when hitting their target.

One other thought. With the 3.7's on both the Stuka and 110, convergence seems to play a part.

If I have the convergence too far out on the 110, my impact point is off from where I am aiming.

One convergence trick I have found for the Stuka, (it appears to work for the 110 as well) is to use 300m.

The reason being is at that range and attacking from dead 6 on most any tank, the width of the treads almost touches the horizontal side bars of the Revi gunsight. This way, I know exactly when I am 300m away from the target and in perfect convergence.

The tricky part (esp. in the 110) is dependent on airspeed and getting the quick shot and pulling up.