1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Hsqn Protos View Post
Oleg ..... really disappointed in the Hardware your working with. It looks like we will still have the 'scale' problems and other issues that are currently in IL2. Really to my eye it looks like IL2 warmed over. I was hoping for a more

P.S.
Did you get the Blu ray?
We have good hardware if to speak about quality. Professional CRT still rules in terms of much better features of colors and depth of color. It is calibrated... And really cost a lot.
If you mean wide screen - then it works without any problem.
If you mean PC itself - sure we have probably better than you have now in terms of power. However I always prefer not so much powered PC for programmers... because the result of their work directly corresponds to the power of PC. If it is too much power - then the code would not be so much optimized. Hope you got my point.

Other your questios. Please read my answer above. I never tell before I would know how it will be in final. I know the answers. But I can't tell.
I don't like to look later like promiosed all, but developed nothing...
You have many such samples in this industry I think. Especiually in flight sims niche. Beginning from B17II and finishing.... Should I show it by my finger?

Finally. Graphics Engine of SoW is way more advanced than Il-2.
Il-2 can be "warmed up" to the photographic look on the surface. But will never looks like SoW and its features. Trust me.
Maybe you understand me if I will tell comparison by other way:

Compare quality of images of these cameras:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...8_Digital.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Camera.html

The first is Il-2.
The second - BoB at initial release.

Blue ray. No. I heard form Dmitry Goryainov about some Blue ray...
Old 02-26-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADorante View Post
Will TrackIR v1 still work in SoW:BoB? After the sim comes out I first need a new (expensive) computer and would like to re-use as much peripherals as possible long enough. 6DoF will sooner or later come to me, too. But in the meantime my trusty TIR v1 (must have bought it pretty early in 2002 after more and more glowing user reviews on simhq) should do fine.
Can't tell you right now. Should test. I have one old still unpacked.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollnloop View Post

1. How will oxygen be implemented ? If a pilot does not put his mask above 1000m, will he suffer of earlier fatigue ? If he forgets to put his mask (or if he puts his mask and forgets to turn oxygen supply open) and climbs above 3000m, will he lose consciousness ? If yes, how will it show on screen ? If pilot has oxygen mask set, supply open and line gets punctured by a bullet, what will be the consequences ?

2. How will fatigue be implemented ? After many manoeuvers in a short period, will pilot still be able to fully deflect commands ? Will it affect greyouts/blackouts ?

3. Greg says you're happy with IL2 greyout/blackout model. I had only once a greyout flying aerobatics, but discussed the fact with fellow simmers that also fly for real and all say, as it was for me, that the main result of a greyout is loss of color (you see in black and white) before field of view gets really restricted and view blurred. This would require some kind of postprocess, but is most probably doable with current hardware. Any chance of seeing this kind of greyout ?
1. Probably like you asking. Close to this.

2. Can't answer this. We put it in a wish list and not as the main feature. Really flyinhg in online battle you are also will be tired very much... Just try to think about it. I saw the guys all of a sweat... just flying in online duel for 20 minutes.

3. I never saw myself any blackouts or readouts. I mean flying with -3 to +6G. Speaking to many different real pilots - all had different feellings. No one said the same thing. Currently - approximation of all their answers.

Last edited by Oleg Maddox; 02-27-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:03 PM

Oleg, will SoW have support for DX11?
Old 02-26-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclean525 View Post
Oleg, will SoW have support for DX11?
DX9 DX10 and DX11
Old 02-26-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
DX9 DX10 and DX11
Great news, thanks!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
DX9 DX10 and DX11
Oleg, if you have time for one more question, have you tested SoW with the new ATI Radeon series of graphics cards that supports triple-screen through the 'Eyefinity' technology? I use this with IL-2 and it is incredibly impressive in 5760x1080.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclean525 View Post
Oleg, if you have time for one more question, have you tested SoW with the new ATI Radeon series of graphics cards that supports triple-screen through the 'Eyefinity' technology? I use this with IL-2 and it is incredibly impressive in 5760x1080.
We have not yet this card. However should works.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for a great interview and thanks to Oleg for answering so many questions today. I'm keeping my excitement levels at a moderate level but this is really really positive.

And your Olegish English is just fine
Old 02-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

Hello once again,

Here are some questions. I have some very specific 3rd party projects in mind.

3d Modeling:

- Will it be possible to model African wildlife (eg. for a civilian 1930s addon)? What animation supports are there for elephants?

- Will there be support for wing warping (eg. in the Fokker Eindecker and other early aircraft)?

- Will it someday be possible to support distortions (bending) of damaged/destroyed aircraft like in Rise of Flight? Or will the game engine always be limited to the still wonderful approach to damage modelling seen in Il-2.

Artificial intelligence:

- Can the amount of variation between AI be set by the mission builder (ie. to simulate more highly drilled english pilots vs. the more unpredictable American pilots in 1943)?

- Is there support for higher level AI? More specifically is there support for formation level tactics (ie. Something in-between vectoring by ground control and a flights rotte/pairs)?

- Is there support for airplane specific AI (eg. Yak-7 and YAK-9 would have different AI modules)? Doing so would allow AI to change tactics depending on the airplane and mirror changes in tactics throughout the war (as later variants could use later tactics).

- How open will the AI be to tweaking and expansion by modders?[/quote]

Scripting:

- What support is there for music tied to in-game triggers? What about audio files? Will it be possible to have pre-recorded conversations that play out during gameplay?

- Also, is it possible to have the player activate a trigger via the radio menus?

Weather model:

- Will the weather model be open to 3rd party modification? (not only changing the weather to reflect a historic date, but changing the model: wind patterns near cliffs, wind from bodies of water etc.)

- How does the flight model function at >1 atmospheres (ie. a plane flying in a valley below sea level)?

Minor questions:

- Will it be possible to make minor features of an aircraft (eg. presence or absence of an armoured headrest) selectable via a separate tab (independent of the weapons tab)? This would be good for aircraft that went through many minor upgrades.

- Will it be possible for the 3rd party to make drivable trains (or will be be limited to trucks)?

I know it is early to get answers for many of these questions, but any hints will help with planning.

As always, many thanks and best of luck,

S!

Last edited by Avimimus; 02-26-2010 at 09:50 PM.