1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:53 PM

Nice update, looking at that armored vehicle made me wonder. Are the engine cowl panel and other panels on aircraft removable? Might look nice on an airport with mechanics working on the aircraft. Or have a build in viewer where you can get a close look at all the parts.

This sim series is probably going to have a 10 year lifespan so they better take their time to get the basics right. I get the feeling that Oleg needs to get this sim out of the door this year, for economics reasons. Preferably around the 70th anniversary of the BoB. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an August or September release. I Don't expect a hard release date before they have the Alpha version up and running.

Patience is a virtue. Oleg, keep the updates coming and take all the time you need to give us a bug free experience.

Last edited by nearmiss; 03-05-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:56 PM

Oleg,

Excellent presentation of a gorgeous looking AFV! I mean, look at the way those antennas sway, superb! Indeed, there is no Flight Sim which is able to represent this amount of detail. The only game I see that in is 1943 Kursk, which is a game I love too.

Please take your time to finish this game in a proper way. People are asking us for years to release our CCM map, but we only release when we are sure:"This is what we want. THis is the way it should be represented!". And if that means that we have to double check everything for trees in the water, so be it.

Blue Skies!

352ndBushpilot, 352ndVFG.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:57 PM

Thanks for the update

The Panchard looks amazing. Nice attention to detail which really makes it look real
Is it the ingame lighting?

And I really like the fact that you now show the models in a video. Shows of the model much better than stills.. Keep them coming
Old 03-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Tree_UK

I would of thought that if the game is going to be released in August or September then the game would be in beta phase so showing a short movie showing a moving dogfight wouldn't be an issue, unless of course Oleg cannot show it because he isn't at that stage yet, in which case a release this year seems unlikely.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:00 PM

another good surprise with this alive antenna !!

thanks

Oleg,
Thank you for taking the time to post these updates.
Many of us who enjoy flying the sim also enjoy reading and sharing what it takes to create something so enjoyable.
We really appreciate and respect your dedication to this project. No one else has dared to undertake such a task.
Your hard work has not only provided an opportunity for us to experience ww2 air combat , but has more importantly provided the opportunity for fellowship with people from all over the world. It has given so many folks a new perspective and chance to learn about what people suffered through during those tragic war years.
The legacy of your hard work will span many generations of men. Not many people can claim such a prize. I am personally glad that I can be amongst those who you shared with , and be a witness to what you have created.
Keep up the fantastic work. We know that when you are ready to deliver the final work , that we will be ready and happy to enjoy it and once again salute you for a job well done.

sincerest regards ,
Eries
Super Moderator

Oleg

Well done and thanks for the update.

I personally don't mind the wait and I agree that you cant win with releasing these images, dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

Last edited by nearmiss; 03-05-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Approved Member

To be fair, the 70th anniversary could be anywhere from July (at the absolute earliest) to September (I believe Sept 15th is 'Battle of Britain day' in UK) and would be the date most identified with the battle.

On the subject of updates generally, I'd much rather see something rather than nothing. The problem is that such a level of anticipation has built up now for each Friday's release - I keep expecting the next level up - videos, inflight screenshots, etc. Expectation is getting the better of me each week for sure.

In a way that's a good thing. Better than no expectation or excitement.

Maybe it's as I put in my first post - we've become spoiled

Last edited by nearmiss; 03-05-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:01 PM

Interesting phisics behaviour showed on the video, like the inertia of the antennas and the rotating wheels.

Now, imgining a bomb exploding near the vehicle, will we see partial and diferent damages made to the vehicle? Like a wheel being detached from the vehicle and throw away, or the turres, or some of the doors that are moving missing. Or we will get a destroyed vehicle object like in IL-2?

Seeing some phisics damages and difenrent levels of destruction on tanks and vehicles based on the damage receiveded certainly would be a nice new feature.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

I've been waiting since 2000 for Oleg Maddox sims. The waiting is one of the best parts.

You never know what new features will be created, how the game engine will behave or what will or will not be completed on time - it is exciting. Then there are Oleg's comments on what is going on. We hear so much of our own opinions (as end users), it is really quite nice to hear the developer's opinion every once in a while.

Last edited by nearmiss; 03-05-2010 at 02:53 PM.