1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 09-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Sven Sven is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Netherlands, Zeeland
Posts: 779
Default

I like Italy, was enjoying beautiful cities and beaches only 2 months ago. I've spoken to a lot of people and also a Dutch business man who ran a Ferrari rent store in Maranello ( Got myself a nice ride there too ) and he told me of the rotten political world and mafia in Italy, I knew about your 'president' before but after hearing his story it was still shocking. He also told me about something which reminded me of the current situation in Belgium, a North vs South conflict and a man who wanted to build a huge wall separating Italy in 2.

Way OT now... hell I hardly speak a word Italian.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Vengeanze Vengeanze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 837
Default

Just a quick hijacking.

My wifes grandfather was in the royal cavalry in Italy and got shot by fascist in Albany 1943. All we got is a photo of him in his uniform. Does any of you italians know where I can get more info about the different troops and their movement etc during ww2?
Hoping to id his unit and perhaps get more info about what happened. Maybe a database where I can search on name?
I know it ain't aviation but it's ww2.

Sorry for hijack.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Cataplasma Cataplasma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeanze View Post
Just a quick hijacking.

My wifes grandfather was in the royal cavalry in Italy and got shot by fascist in Albany 1943. All we got is a photo of him in his uniform. Does any of you italians know where I can get more info about the different troops and their movement etc during ww2?
Hoping to id his unit and perhaps get more info about what happened. Maybe a database where I can search on name?
I know it ain't aviation but it's ww2.

Sorry for hijack.
In which regiment?
the 2nd should be the royal one, the "regimento cavalleria piemonte", can you confirm?

Or the 1st, "regimento Nizza"...?

Last edited by Cataplasma; 09-02-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Vengeanze Vengeanze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataplasma View Post
In which regiment?
the 2nd should be the royal one, the "regimento cavalleria piemonte", can you confirm?

Or the 1st, "regimento Nizza"...?
Thanks for your reply. Dunno which regiment. Only know royal cavalry and that they were in Albany when they got the Kings word to return. The fascists wanted otherwise. Is it possible to tell from an old picture which regiment etc? Can't see any badges though.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Cataplasma Cataplasma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeanze View Post
Thanks for your reply. Dunno which regiment. Only know royal cavalry and that they were in Albany when they got the Kings word to return. The fascists wanted otherwise. Is it possible to tell from an old picture which regiment etc? Can't see any badges though.
If you can show me the picture and tell me the name of your grandfather I can try to ask and search...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Cataplasma Cataplasma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 149
Default

I need a high quality scan of the picture to identify the coat of arms
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:48 AM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.