1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Force10 Force10 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 371
Default

I think the only way kickstart funding would work in this case, is if they used the money to hire more experienced programmers to work on the code. Just throwing money at the current team wouldn't solve anything IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Bokononist Bokononist is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 73
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
the way it looks, we need to get 1C involved in a kickstarter project for the patch's...

http://www.kickstarter.com/
Kickstarter is for new projects right? Maybe it needs a bumpstart? I've got some jump leads in my car

Last edited by Bokononist; 07-05-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-05-2012, 06:01 PM
furbs's Avatar
furbs furbs is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,037
Default

kickstarter for the sequel?

We did, it was called COD.
__________________
Furbs, Tree and Falstaff...The COD killers...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-05-2012, 06:21 PM
David Hayward David Hayward is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
I think the only way kickstart funding would work in this case, is if they used the money to hire more experienced programmers to work on the code. Just throwing money at the current team wouldn't solve anything IMO.
How much programming experience do you have?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Force10 Force10 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
How much programming experience do you have?

None. Is that somehow relevant to the fact that this team has been struggling with the code for the last 14 months? No...it isn't. Any other pointless questions?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-05-2012, 06:37 PM
furbs's Avatar
furbs furbs is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
None. Is that somehow relevant to the fact that this team has been struggling with the code for the last 14 months? No...it isn't. Any other pointless questions?
Its 16 months.
__________________
Furbs, Tree and Falstaff...The COD killers...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-05-2012, 06:46 PM
fox3
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wow 16 months has it really been that long.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
ACE-OF-ACES's Avatar
ACE-OF-ACES ACE-OF-ACES is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NM
Posts: 2,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
the way it looks, we need to get 1C involved in a kickstarter project for the patch's...

http://www.kickstarter.com/
That or just switch to the RoF way of doing things..

The downside being you will end up spending about $200 for a game.. (assuming you buy most of the options)..

The upside being requring users to spend more than $50 on a game has a a kid-o flitering effect.. In that alot of kids will not be able to convice their parents to pay for a $200 game..

The assumption in both cases that the 'options' are only enabled via the 777 servers which in turn makes it much harder for people to pirate the game and options.
__________________
Theres a reason for instrumenting a plane for test..
That being a pilots's 'perception' of what is going on can be very different from what is 'actually' going on.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Force10 Force10 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
That or just switch to the RoF way of doing things..

The downside being you will end up spending about $200 for a game.. (assuming you buy most of the options)..

The upside being requring users to spend more than $50 on a game has a a kid-o flitering effect.. In that alot of kids will not be able to convice their parents to pay for a $200 game..

The assumption in both cases that the 'options' are only enabled via the 777 servers which in turn makes it much harder for people to pirate the game and options.
This scenario only works if you have a playable sim. ROF had a rough start, but the patches and work they have done actually fixed bugs and made the engine pretty solid. COD is still in the starting blocks with patches that haven't really fixed much of anything. I couldn't see giving 1C anymore money for planes with their current skill at fixing the game.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-05-2012, 07:20 PM
David Hayward David Hayward is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
None. Is that somehow relevant to the fact that this team has been struggling with the code for the last 14 months? No...it isn't. Any other pointless questions?
It's relevant to the amount of knowledge that you have about the subject you are commenting on. In short, when you talk about programming, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:53 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.