1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 02:50 AM

Question about sound and AI in the new game:

Anyone who has been to an airshow I think would agree that an airplane buzzing by you sounds much different than if you were in it.

Given the new ability to man AA guns how good will the sound be for planes taking off buzzing by, and all the sounds of ground crew etc?

Along the line of manning the AA guns will you be able to command people on the ground to re-load ammo or change burned out barrels, how complex will that interaction be if at all?
Old 06-30-2008, 06:19 AM
Approved Member

Oleg, will radio comms between the AI and the player be improved in SoW? Currently, when playing as the flight leader, the AI will just fly off and start attacking an enemy instead of altering the player to the enemy's presence. Often the first hint that the enemy is around is when one of the player's AI mates asks him to clear his tail or that he shot someone down.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Oleg, will radio comms between the AI and the player be improved in SoW? Currently, when playing as the flight leader, the AI will just fly off and start attacking an enemy instead of altering the player to the enemy's presence. Often the first hint that the enemy is around is when one of the player's AI mates asks him to clear his tail or that he shot someone down.
Luke, I think I read somewhere in an interview with Oleg that this would appear in the game. It may be in Mysticpuma's interview with Oleg.

Oleg, in the Battle of Britain you may know that farmers and members of the home guard barricaded their fields so that luftwaffe pilots couldn't land there. Unfortunately this wasn't so good for RAF pilots who needed to "prang their kites"! lol

Will this be modelled in SoW? (sorry if this has been discussed before)

Last edited by philip.ed; 06-30-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:42 PM

Default Hello to all and a question.

Hi to all. I just signed up to this forum (little late I know) but have been flying the il2 series since the original. Im often seen on hyperlobby and used to be on ubi (with other names), and a total fan of the series. Oh, thank you oleg for making a game of the great fighters of the forgotten front. Much appreciated. Enough of that though. Two factors comprise me, I love the series and dont have much money. Shortly I will be purchasing a new computer (a gateway p-6860fx). My decision may vary but its not the point. What I really want to know is if it will run storm of war. I know this is possibly an impossible question to answer, since it may divulge details of the game, and oleg may not yet be sure. Still, if anyone has any idea Id greatly appreciate their feedback, as I WILL buy the game and I NEED a computer. If its worth anything that computer can run Crysis on high at about 25 fps give or take (yea I know its irrelevant and I dont care much about it but its the heaviest game ever so I use it as an example). Any ideas at all? Either way, thanks!

Last edited by yakaddict; 06-30-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:37 AM

The "heaviest game ever" runs on a 600Euro PC with high settings.

Since the notebook you want to buy has 4 Gig of RAM, a good CPU and a 8800M GTS you should be able to run Crysis pretty good.

If you want an answer for Storm of War, or at least it's first release: Battle of Britain: Since the Alpha is currently put together nobody knows exactly, including Oleg and his team, how well it will run on a PC or what hardware is needed. He stated a while ago, that the goal is to make BoB run on rather good settings on a PC that runs IL2 at perfect settings. So far, that's all we know.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:07 PM

It'll run it no doubt. The question is how well and at what settings?
Old 07-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Approved Member

@Thunderbolt56

This is obviously a question which can´t be answered until SoW:BoB is released.

Thinking before typing might help to avoid such mishaps.

Sorry, no offense intended, but i couldn´t hold it back.

Last edited by robtek; 07-01-2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: sorry
Old 07-01-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt56 View Post
It'll run it no doubt. The question is how well and at what settings?
Magic Eightball says:

Old 07-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

There will be enough option settings that any decent PC should be able to run BOB SOW at reduced settings with playable frame rates. IF it doesn't they are in for a terrible hurt on sales and bad press in the forums. I will be upgrading my PC's many times during the life of the SOW series to max out the experience as features are added. Those who could care less about eye-candy and other features can set options required to plaud along with an average system.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:29 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

Not sure if this question was asked already but please could we have crewed planes instead of ghost planes? That is put crew members including pilot in it? It looks so ghostly when sitting in a two seat cockpit (and looks bad in IL2 movies).

A bit more chatter among crew members would be great, too.
Closed Thread