1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:55 AM

I like the scene with a barrel rolling 190 and the Mossie just touched the elevator and followed through.

Must be some real FM in that master piece!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:25 AM
Approved Member

IF COD is ANYTHING like that, I definitely won't be buying!

COD is a sim, not a kiddy shoot'em up.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

Well, I think that "one hit kills headshots" should be implemented in CoD. With regards to the FM, why aren't these guys working at Maddox Games?
Old 02-20-2011, 06:43 PM

Any feel for the "jitter" of the gunsight that is in Il2? Where just as you're about to get a nice shot, the plane shimmies a little bit, making your aiming job harder? or the '6th sense' the AI planes in 1946 have, starting to jink the instant before I know it's time to fire?

I am all for more realistic play. I just hope we won't have to be stuck with the above solutions on COD
Old 02-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Older View Post
Any feel for the "jitter" of the gunsight that is in Il2? Where just as you're about to get a nice shot, the plane shimmies a little bit, making your aiming job harder? or the '6th sense' the AI planes in 1946 have, starting to jink the instant before I know it's time to fire?

I am all for more realistic play. I just hope we won't have to be stuck with the above solutions on COD
The "spider sense" you're talking about is gone according to luthier. We will now be able to jump the A.I, especially the rookies who scans less of the surroundings and for longer period of times. It's gonna make this game for me.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
Read that preview stuff that gunnery will be harder -more realistic- and I really like this approach. I'm also glad that Oleg and team aren't going the other way e.g.

hehe reminds me of a clip from the history channel
Old 02-20-2011, 11:40 PM

On the subject of gunnery, I was wondering if different ammunition types of the same calibre will have different terminal performance, ie tracer rounds loosing weight as they burn, and taking a different path to ball ammunition.

I had read somewhere that using tracers to aim is not a perfect tactic for due to different trajectories, but two things make me wonder about this:

1. whatever the weight of a projectile, the acceleration due to gravity will remain the same (in a vacuum that is - so the effect might need to be different in game).

2. when synchronising guns im sure the one(s) carrying tracer could be raised to intersect with the ball at the chosen distance.

In any case im sure there should be differences of some sort in the trajectory of these rounds, the starting weight would also be a factor (this would change acceleration achieved by the powder).

It's not of massive importance though.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:12 AM
Approved Member

After almost two years of Rise of Flight I'm looking forward for some easy gunning in Cliffs of Dover.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:24 AM

WW 2 AC meets Matrix

Morpheus: The SIM is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.