1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:16 AM

Question Kirill/Anton - Have you noticed the glitch with the map in single missions?

I've seen this mentioned once before at least, but I'm not sure if the devs are aware of it. In at least some of the single missions, bringing up the map causes the player aircraft to try to fly itself. It generally drops on the left wing and also appears to alter throttle setting. I've noticed this not happening at the start of missions; at first I theorised it could be something to do with the target select, as if the game is trying to fly the aircraft towards the targeted enemy, but this also happens in Sim and in the missions where you have no targets such as Inspect Airfields. This is a particularly game-breaking problem in Sim, as the map is all we have in that respect, and dropping airspeed and position while looking at it is a real snag.

The other thing that may or not be related is the engine noise and flap control disappearing following landing in Training mode. I've at least noticed the engine noise being lost on landing and coming to a stop with the La-7 and Fw190(A or D I can't remember) in third-person view in Realistic. Control of the flaps also seems to be lost following a respawn or frozen after a landing/takeoff sometimes - as far as when it's caused by landing rather than respawn, I theorised that I could be damaging my flaps by taking off with them in the wrong position, but I'm not entirely sure. This leaves the aircraft stuck on a hugely nose-high attitude once airborne assuming flaps were set to landing or takeoff.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and for any insight you can give into the first issue in particular, which does blight what is otherwise an extremely impressive game in my opinion. Once the update is out my estimation can only rise, and if these are corrected (along with Me-262 and He-162 cockpits plz ^_^) then this game will be very near perfect for me, within its scope of ambition.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:37 AM

Don't like bumping but this sure got buried fast, so bumpy-bumpy.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:01 AM

Good post, this is also annoying me.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:04 AM

You can still fly while your on the map so just correct it..
Old 10-04-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araqiel View Post
I've seen this mentioned once before at least, but I'm not sure if the devs are aware of it. In at least some of the single missions, bringing up the map causes the player aircraft to try to fly itself. It generally drops on the left wing and also appears to alter throttle setting. I've noticed this not happening at the start of missions; at first I theorised it could be something to do with the target select, as if the game is trying to fly the aircraft towards the targeted enemy, but this also happens in Sim and in the missions where you have no targets such as Inspect Airfields. This is a particularly game-breaking problem in Sim, as the map is all we have in that respect, and dropping airspeed and position while looking at it is a real snag.
The reason it feels like the plane is trying to fly itself is because it is. In some single missions you have the possiblity to fly all planes in your flight. You can switch between these flights by going to the map and using the up and down arrows to select different pilots/aircraft. As soon as you enter the map menu, the plane will try to fly itself. I have no idea however where they're designed to go, so can't help you with that.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
The reason it feels like the plane is trying to fly itself is because it is. In some single missions you have the possiblity to fly all planes in your flight. You can switch between these flights by going to the map and using the up and down arrows to select different pilots/aircraft. As soon as you enter the map menu, the plane will try to fly itself. I have no idea however where they're designed to go, so can't help you with that.
Ah, I see, so it's an issue with the tactical control? The issue presumably being that while in map view the player aircraft is now considered another AI-controlled wingman, whether you actually move the stick to select a different aircraft or not. So perhaps all that would need to be changed is for being in map view while on tac. control missions to still give you control over the aircraft, albeit control you couldn't actually make use of in map view as the stick selects wingmen instead. This would leave your aircraft on the heading you left it on, as if you were just not touching the controls.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:36 AM

Yeah I've mentioned this problem before too, but I'm sure you can still fly your plane while the map is up, and the d-pad selects wingmen. So there's no need for AI control until you do actually choose someone else.

I'm also noticing the lost engine noise of the LA-5FN as well. In CTA games (any difficulty, virtual cockpit) the engine noise goes after landing.

Hadn't noticed the flaps one - that one sounds like the worst of the 3 issues..!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:25 AM

On the inspect the airfields mission, I made the mistake of pulling up the map while landed, and the freakin' AI drove the plane into the side of a building!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheborderland View Post
On the inspect the airfields mission, I made the mistake of pulling up the map while landed, and the freakin' AI drove the plane into the side of a building!
Hah, I did this too. Hopefully there's something in the patch to address this issue, but having heard very little I can't say it seems too likely.