1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Sternjaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
But you cant reproduce 5.7G in a machine which fits in your basement.
You sure could make people vomit though.

So, if I had the choice between these two...
hahahaha yeah, imagine a USB vomit-inducer
Old 02-14-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post
I'm afraid you guys are a bit confused about the way G-forces interact with your body..
I understand that without vertical motion, one can't simulate variations in G-forces. Even with vertical motion, there's no way to simulate a sustained loading.

Without visual clues, you can trick the body a great deal though. With a short "jolt" at the beginning of a short acceleration and a very gentle deceleration, the mind has the impression the acceleration is continuous. When it's not correctly synced to the images, it could lead to puking your last meal. Or taking motion sickness medicine as a precaution.

Now, back to a motion device without vertical motion, the only way to give your body some sensation of the G-forces, is to simulate the direction of the force.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post
hahahaha yeah, imagine a USB vomit-inducer
Ah, that reminds me. There is a device that influences the balance organ in the inner ear, by 3 electrodes behind the ear and low voltage/current between them. The disadvantage was that it doesn't work for everyone. IIRC it was between 1/10 and 1/20 that noticed no balance change.

Would be fun to watch an IMAX roller-coaster ride with those things simulating the motions. That event would require a bucket by every chair.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Sternjaeger

that is all good, but the main issue is the physical effects of G Loads on your body which cant be effectively represented..

Example: When you're under 5 Gs, your limbs will feel 5 times heavier than what they are, with a resulting limitation of your moving abilities and blood shifting which, if sustained for too long or increased, can cause tunnel vision and blackouts..

some examples here:

G-stress test gone good

G-stress test gone bad, really bad...
Old 02-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Sternjaeger

..the day we can simulate that, we'll have the most realistic simulation and way less fat fcuks ..erm.. fitter people playing this game hehehe
Old 02-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMF View Post
Cool, but it looks like it uses the rotation of the plane's axes as reference. It doesn't appear to compute the G-forces working on the 'avatar'. If the price is right, it would'n be a bad addition. It's no ForceDynamics 401 though, but that has a different pricetag.
That's fantastic. BUT ....if you were flying IL-2 I think you would get so shaken up that you'd be shot down very easily.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Sternjaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
That's fantastic. BUT ....if you were flying IL-2 I think you would get so shaken up that you'd be shot down very easily.
that's the very point of the thing Richie: dogfights in IL-2 are an aberration of reality.. most of the dogfights you see are more like a Red Bull Air Race, which is very far from reality..
Old 02-16-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Everyone have his own joy from game. Someone likes numbers of kills, and someone likes thats "shakes".
As for me - if such system will not be too expensive, i'd like to buy one...