1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_ View Post
Sorry mate. I wholeheartedly agree with you! I mean the complainers deny us to have options
Yes yes, I know. Sorry if it was ambiguous. I was not angry at you, but the others.

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUD View Post
Could be a solution, if that half that still can get planes would be high enough for a real air war
Bingo, but thats not a problem of the included tanks but a flight sim issue in general.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Tanks are nice but oh for that FPS hit!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
Bingo, but thats not a problem of the included tanks but a flight sim issue in general.
Exactly, so whats the point of doing it, unless they have a plan of how they are going to improve the current state of the art? That's why I asked for a comment about that from the devs, because I am sceptic they can achieve that in the short/medium term.

In the meantime, I will continue to think that this is simply a trick to get founds, but I feel its like walking on thin ice and I can only wish good luck and a Luthier to be a visionary who sees better and beyond this humble user.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

It's hardly a trick, they need to widen the audience and it's one way of doing so.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

Can I drive the MGTA to the local?
I might need it after slightly pranging my Kite...( undoubtedly because of low FPS on final...)

Old 02-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
It's hardly a trick, they need to widen the audience and it's one way of doing so.
Thanks Dano, I stand corrected bc probably the word trick has a different meaning in english that the one I had in my mind when I wrote that. Substitute tricky for way.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawBlues View Post
Christ, IL2 46 is a better FLIGHT SIM than the current state of this one.
Usually I don't pipe in but, have to on this one. Most of us, who's been flying CloD, won't go back to IL2 46 due to CloD being so much more immersible and enjoyable......even with current issues.

I'm just as annoyed about current state and time frame as the next person but even now, this game is a hoot!

As far as the ground vehicles, tanks but no tanks; I'm a flyboy. But, I will enjoy attacking columns and nice drive in the countryside.

Patients is a virtue, enjoy what we have now.......it only gets better.

ps my Savior has nothing to do with it!

k9
Old 02-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

Default Bring it!

I loved the AAA defending the train! You can bet that will be a postion that gets play!

Adding more game play options is just that, variety, possibilities, strategy, however you describe it, it can only add to the feeling of a living lanscape that begs to attacked and defended.

"Who needs this stuff" some continue to say yet with that attitude I spose they dont need trees, buildings , vehicles, grass, untill we get the flight sim "they paid for". We could go on and on(and many have) in that direction but with out a living ground we would be in space!
ASUS Sabertooth MB--Intel 2600k@4.7--EVGA GTX580 3GB--Corasir 1200 watt psu--Corsair 16gb 1866--Corsair H70 cooler--Corsair 650d case--OCZ Vertex 3--Track IR5--CH Eclipse Yoke--CH Trottle Quadrant--CH MFP--CH Rudders-MSFF2
Old 02-24-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkin View Post
If I'm totally honest I'm just not interested in the ground warfare element and I think the plot has been lost. There is a massive array of first person shooters out there and I just don't see how this path of development will ever be able to compete with the likes of games like Battlefield.

My interest is the air. My passion is for warbirds. There are a lot of positive comments here so maybe there will be a market for this stuff but personally, I think they should stick to what they do best - and keep the focus of battles in the sky, either air-to-air combat or mud-moving.

Sorry BlackSix - I just don't believe this is where 1C's future is with this game and although I'm an avid supporter of all things IL2 and CloD I'm actually getting bored of this. Having said that... I do applaud and personally thank you for your improved communications.
x1000
Closed Thread