1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:00 PM

now that looks almost like Armed Assault II with the WWII mod

the question is when they gonna add infantry & fps?
Old 02-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

Do we have an ETA of the patch Blacksix?
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2048MB GDDR5
Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
Old 02-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
Do we have an ETA of the patch Blacksix?
The latest indications point more to one week than two... And thats the first time that happens

/mazex
Old 02-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

Very imppressive work! Thank you.

Any plans to develop infantry units too and for example paratroopers jumping from Ju-52s invading England, pilots able to enter and exit planes, possibility to get rescued by some friendly unit?

Last edited by Damixu; 02-24-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
The latest indications point more to one week than two... And thats the first time that happens

/mazex
I so hope so.
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2048MB GDDR5
Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
Old 02-24-2012, 01:18 PM

Very impressive stuff guys, I like it a lot

Sound effects are gettimg better each time I hear them.

Explosion effects are brilliant - if we can keep the FPS up that is.

Great news about the FPS increases - that will reduce the grumbling considerably I think, especially if the dreaded CTD issue is fixed.

Also very pleased to hear that vehicles will no longer die instantly. This is a first in a flight sim I think. Can't wait to see vehicles swerve off the road on fire when I attack. Thanks for listening on that point.

If, in addition to this, you can iron out the remaining issues with the flying side and provide (or at least give the community the tools to) model the environment and missing objects such as ships and create a dynamic campaign which keeps track of object damage / engine wear etc. then you'll have a real winner on your hands.

Keep up the good work guys, the future looks bright. Really looking forward to the patch.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post
I have to admit that I am one of the many who have been privately grumbling away to myself with such thoughts as "All well and good.. now can I have the flight simulator I paid for, please?"...... (I decided to grumble to myself instead of posting it as there are far too many people saying the same on here.)

But....well... I have to admit that I am impressed! It looks an awful lot of fun. As others have pointed out anyway... from the detailed vehicles in game to the erroneous control options in the menus, this was a seemingly inevitable development anyway and, had the game not been forced into being released before it was finished, it would have been just another feature of Cliffs of Dover that made it great and, I suspect, even the naysayers would have felt that way too.

Thanks for the update BS!
I agree. Chapeau to Ilya & Team. I will not use this feature a lot, but it will surely boost sales.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damixu View Post

Any plans to develop infantry units too and for example paratroopers jumping from Ju-52s invading England, pilots able to enter and exit planes, possibility to get rescued by some friendly unit?
Perhaps a flyable Lysander too? I believe they were operational at this time.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

I want to play as a rat catcher... you know russian field airbases were full of rats!!!

Whac-a-mole for everyone.

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:28 PM
speculum jockey

Love how when someone suggest that they work on alternate MP modes or more content people scream that they want more aircraft, and the devs should only focus on the Flight model and patching the graphics engine.

But show a video about something totally unrelated to flying or the patch and people fall over themselves to give the first "+1" or "thanks devs".
Closed Thread