1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 09-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Approved Member

Default Sad what's happening to IL-2

I hope that when Battle Of Moscow comes out that we'll get some more activity with CLOD. Over in the hyperlobby things are pretty grim as far as IL-2 goes. In my opinion the problem is that there are too many factions or groups that want to fly one of three versions. The one that is flown the most 4.11.1 is very bland and boring, it's like flying IL-2 right out of the box. The best version if you ask me is the ultra pack 3rc4 witch simply put is .....fantastic. How come people are flying the boring version?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

Then there is HSFX who most likely feels like you do towards the 4.11.1. IL2 is still and will remain a sim marvel. Because despite all it's short comings the orginal dev team created something that the IL2 community has taken and ran with.

My thanks to ALL who took part in this and to ALL the modders, thanks.
64Bit Windows 7 Home Premium

Old 09-11-2012, 07:48 PM

wondering what is boring with the actual default version?! ......
Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy View Post
wondering what is boring with the actual default version?! ......
Yeah, I was wondering that and the a.i. in 4.11 can hardly be called boring can they?
Old 09-11-2012, 08:24 PM

I don't consider CLOD to be "IL-2". CLOD is CLOD. An experiment gone bust. I do love UP3RC4 and is my current preference. It is built on top of 4.10.1. So work that Team Diadalos did is in there as well as the original 46' game. But then you also get a lot more planes, maps, mds...etc. I haven't flown HSFX. I had it on my machine once long time ago and at the time, it didn't seem like the differences were all that much from UP. But MDS/RRR on mission based dogfight server really brought a lot to the game imo. As I understand it, HSFX on top of 4.11.1 doesn't have that. So, I would think the bomber and ground attack game isn't going to be as much fun. Navigation, not as much fun either. Carriers just sitting idle at the same location, not as much fun. Beacons, who needs em if the targets don't move. Many other features that make good game play, lost. But I suppose if your prime concern is certain flight model over others, then HSFX would be your choice, I guess. I suspect I'll be finding out more about it soon. So, don't get bent if you think I'm bashing HSFX. I'm not. I'm just kinda pissed UP is now in "stasis"...whatever that means.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
I hope that when Battle Of Moscow comes out that we'll get some more activity with CLOD. Over in the hyperlobby things are pretty grim as far as IL-2 goes. In my opinion the problem is that there are too many factions or groups that want to fly one of three versions. The one that is flown the most 4.11.1 is very bland and boring, it's like flying IL-2 right out of the box. The best version if you ask me is the ultra pack 3rc4 witch simply put is .....fantastic. How come people are flying the boring version?

Sad yes, but it happened a long time ago. Oleg made a comment about it, but I can't remember his words to quote it.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 09-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
UP has no coop online tracking stats, they were removed by a certain modder/programmer who don't like coops so removed the code.

The tracking stats only work correctly in MDS mode under UP.

I fly HSFX or stock v4.11.1 everything works as it should do in these versions in coop mode.

Also...............

It's the main reason I don't fly CoD, there's no CooP mode.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 09-11-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post

Also...............

It's the main reason I don't fly CoD, there's no CooP mode.

This.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Pardon me? IL2 is alive and still kicking. UP2 was great, but with UP3 it all went downhill... HSFX with its autoupdater is the next best thing after the invention of a wheel - you don't need to bother with mods, just run the auto updater and re-enable the desired mods after its done. Almost a standard for IL2 online nowadays. AcesOverEurope, a full switch server has 60+ people over weekend and 30+ over working days. If you want more than that, visit battle-fields.com on Sundays and join DBS in preparation for a whole range of teamwork oriented missions that will set the bar as high as never before.

With 4.12 that will bring us flyable B-24D, AI (soon to be flyable afterwards) Wellington and Bristol Beaufort, whats not to like??

Not to mention TD is adding stuff to the old gal that Oleg for years said they were not possible.

I am staying away from CloD until a couple years more. Not worth the hassle at this point and God-knows-when wait for every new patch.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 09-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I agree - it would be "enough split" with "stock" or modded to choose from. It would be nice if all these talented modders could get to some agreement and work together on one "Super mod pack"...