1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Default Thunderstorm's can be fun!!

I have been having some fun with this lately, posting in case you have never seen this feature of the Orig game.

https://vimeo.com/70646008

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 07-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Approved Member

Happy days
Old 07-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Approved Member

Mysticpuma, can you please, please, please bring that fog/dust on the ground back?
It gives so much athmosphere...

PS: look at that altitude-indicator at 2.30! Now that is cool!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
Mysticpuma, can you please, please, please bring that fog/dust on the ground back?
It gives so much athmosphere...

Yes fix the ground fog and the "overcast" with a ceiling that can be set down to 50m if possible

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 07-21-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
In MOD game one can set (FMB) high altitude clouds too:

But due overdone lights of MOD clouds now look "radioactive" (a real disaster at night).
Another issue is the limited "visibility bubble" of CloD, you see big clouds formation direct in front, but at sides "clear sky".

Sokol1
Old 07-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

@ sokol: Look at it again, I did not mean that
Old 07-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post

Another issue is the limited "visibility bubble" of CloD, you see big clouds formation direct in front, but at sides "clear sky".

Sokol1

This is a consequence of the Devs getting the game to play on the many older rigs

Old 07-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Approved Member

Well chaps. Trust me, I know what you mean. It would be great wouldn't it.

Currently work goes on regarding draw distance and just huge amounts of features.

Bug-fixes are a constant source of irritation as (I hope you realise by now!?) we are not official and we have no access to the source-code. It's all about working backwards through the code and deciphering it layer-by-layer (well out of my knowledge, but others certainly know what they are up to).

There are lots of updates currently underway, many are hoped to be available for the next release and then there are plans for a BIG third patch that may take us........nope can't say

Regarding the fog and dust, I think these are being looked at, but seriously as we have said from the beginning, it's nice to have lots of features, but if the underlying code is porked....then what's on top is not going to work properly either!

Anyway, the next patch is being compiled for testing...but that doesn't mean it's an imminent release...just that TF can start having a mass test and see what falls off

Lots of good stuff coming....did you see the cloud draw distance that was being worked on?

Still very WIP, but work continues

Cheers, MP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ktq3.jpg (681.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg lk65.jpg (595.2 KB, 54 views)
Old 07-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
Well chaps. Trust me, I know what you mean. It would be great wouldn't it.

Currently work goes on regarding draw distance and just huge amounts of features.

Bug-fixes are a constant source of irritation as (I hope you realise by now!?) we are not official and we have no access to the source-code. It's all about working backwards through the code and deciphering it layer-by-layer (well out of my knowledge, but others certainly know what they are up to).

There are lots of updates currently underway, many are hoped to be available for the next release and then there are plans for a BIG third patch that may take us........nope can't say

Regarding the fog and dust, I think these are being looked at, but seriously as we have said from the beginning, it's nice to have lots of features, but if the underlying code is porked....then what's on top is not going to work properly either!

Anyway, the next patch is being compiled for testing...but that doesn't mean it's an imminent release...just that TF can start having a mass test and see what falls off

Lots of good stuff coming....did you see the cloud draw distance that was being worked on?

Still very WIP, but work continues

Cheers, MP

Those look nice for the distance involved