1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-17-2011, 06:09 PM
flynlion flynlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 288
Default Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters

Anyone know anything about this new flight game coming out this week? I'm tempted to rent it just because having the name "Jane's" in the title gives it some credibility, but if it's known to be as bad as some other recent games then I won't bother.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-17-2011, 08:10 PM
BONEYSLR1 BONEYSLR1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 14
Default

Its coming out soon 21st of this month and i will be on it to check it out.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-18-2011, 02:56 PM
flynlion flynlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 288
Default

Still no reviews, but I did see this on the Co-Optimus web page:

"Sadly for fans of the series, it looks like the game might have gone the more arcade route instead of the hardcore flight simulator path."

Rats
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-19-2011, 01:54 AM
trk29's Avatar
trk29 trk29 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC USA
Posts: 1,800
Default

Watched two videos and neither one of them showed a cockpit view.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-20-2011, 02:00 PM
flynlion flynlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Watched two videos and neither one of them showed a cockpit view.
All I want is decent flight physics and 3 axis controls, which oughta be simple enough. I wonder why so few console games have this?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Robotic Pope's Avatar
Robotic Pope Robotic Pope is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hertfordshire,England,UK
Posts: 1,520
Default

Ignore the Jane's name in the title, this isn't a sim or anything close to one. Looking at the youtube videos the graphics are worse than Ace Combat 5 on the PS2 and as trk29 says, there doesn't seem to be any cockpits. Its not even cheap. Hmmm I wonder what people are going to spend their money on, JASF or Battlefield 3?
__________________


XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-20-2011, 03:39 PM
FOZ_1983 FOZ_1983 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Blackpool, England
Posts: 1,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Ignore the Jane's name in the title, this isn't a sim or anything close to one. Looking at the youtube videos the graphics are worse than Ace Combat 5 on the PS2 and as trk29 says, there doesn't seem to be any cockpits. Its not even cheap. Hmmm I wonder what people are going to spend their money on, JASF or Battlefield 3?
Battlefield 3 for the win!!!!


Get me airbourne in an FA/18 Super Hornet!!! Cannot wait. The vids of it look great. The game i've been most eager to get this year!!

Colonial marines is my number 1... but thats next year
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Robotic Pope's Avatar
Robotic Pope Robotic Pope is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hertfordshire,England,UK
Posts: 1,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post
Battlefield 3 for the win!!!!


Get me airbourne in an FA/18 Super Hornet!!! Cannot wait. The vids of it look great. The game i've been most eager to get this year!!

Colonial marines is my number 1... but thats next year
The Hurricane in Birds of steel hates you now you've said that

Shame we have to fly the POS Super Hornet. Horrible plane. I will enjoy the Su35 and the two tank busters though.
__________________


XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-20-2011, 06:53 PM
flynlion flynlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post

Shame we have to fly the POS Super Hornet. Horrible plane. I will enjoy the Su35 and the two tank busters though.
Why so much hate for the FA-18 Pope? I got a buddy who flies 'em for the USMC and he loves it
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-20-2011, 10:19 PM
trk29's Avatar
trk29 trk29 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC USA
Posts: 1,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
The Hurricane in Birds of steel hates you now you've said that

Shame we have to fly the POS Super Hornet. Horrible plane. I will enjoy the Su35 and the two tank busters though.
Didn't even know the A-10 was flyable. Thought it was there for the cinematic experience in the beginning of the online modes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:02 AM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.