1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2016, 03:26 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Well, there is the 0.6.2X Preview Update that will most likely come out early next year (atleast thats the plan)

But before that comes out I plan to release 0.6.1.9-P2, which will include all the hotfixes and a working version of SW Cinema, which I plan to release somewhere next week.

Glad you're still around after all this time ;)
Old 12-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

Good to know thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it.

And no good sir, I am happy that YOU are still around after all this time. I truly appreciate someone still modding this game after all these years, Kudos. All I do is pester the ether.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:49 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default SW3.Expansion 0.6.1.9P2 Update

The Update is going to be Released Today if everything goes well.

It was actually supposed to be released yesterday, but a tiny little nasty bug was still present and running, so I hope I can squash it today in order to finally release this Update.

This will be the last actual update before 0.6.2X (excluding potential Hotfixes/Patches)

DL: Soon

Last edited by nocalora29; 12-20-2016 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:02 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default SW3.Expansion 0.6.1.9P2 Update

RELEASED (Changelog inside)
----------------------------------

This update contains all Previous Hotfixe's and Patches, it also contains SW3 Cinema [Press F9] to Check it out!.
Press it once to tp to the system, and then again to Open the menu (If you're in the system)

Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sw3exp/dow...9p2-rc2-update *edited with rc2 version
*NOTE: This Update once again supports Trucidation's Missile Mod.

Complete Optionals list:
-D3D9 Hooks for 60, 144 and 250 Hz Monitors. (For smoother mouse)
-Missile Mod by Trucidation
-Deactivation of StarRover Armor Simulation

----------------------------------
So... why did it take a bit longer?
Answer: I didn't thought Star Wolves hates Vector3(0, 0, 0)'s so much, I just thought if I didn't put any starting coords in those vectors3's the SW Engine would just use defaults instead, but seemingly this wasn't the case *facepalm*.

But hey, I've got some Info about the new Faction which will be added in 0.6.2X.

" The Prestus Corporation "
They will use mostly use 3D Models of EVE Online as Ship meshes, and will have their own Unique Weapons with Custom PFX, Modules and Systems.
A Bit of a background Story will also be added.

Heres some eyecandy in a 7z
https://openload.co/f/CK7AQwFxDgM/EVEScreens.7z

Last edited by nocalora29; 12-29-2016 at 01:30 AM.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Great!!

I will be giving it a go a bit today and through the week. I understand why the missile mod is not part of the main mod but do appreciate that you added the ability to enable it.

I will poke at it as I go and let you know if I find anything.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

I haven't played yet but just wanted to point out my opinions on the install. Note: I installed the mod manually as I find it easier that typing in the location of the game in your batch installer. So my observations are from a manual install view - your batch installer may make these points moot.

1) On the main page of this forum post for installation you have the following instructions:

In the FAQ you state:
Q: Instructions?
A: In the Archive

At the bottom you state:
-=[Install Instructions]=-
Drag & Drop everything into your game installation to install.

According to the Install.txt in the MAIN download:
Go into the Release/ Folder and Extract the files to the DATA/ Folder of the Game.

I would change that message on the main page to match or just delete those two instructions and state to follow the instructions in the Install.txt.

2) In the resources download:

When I extracted it there was a sub folder with the exact same name. I assumed this was a mistake and went down one more level and extracted the two folders (object / texture) and overwrote in the /data. As stated above, according to your install instructions, a user is to just drag and drop to the main file and this could be confusing to some people. I would suggest repacking it without that first sub folder as there is no need for it. I would also include an install .txt informing the user they are to extract these files into the /data folder (Same goes for the optionals).

3) You have separate download links for the missile mod, star rover armor and mouse smoothing on MOD DB. I am wondering why since they are all included in the update download. Not knowing that, I downloaded them unnecessarily. Not a big deal but it may be a point of confusion for some.

4) Lastly in the install.txt you state:

Step 1
Drag&Drop the following Files to your main sw3cw Installation

"sw3cwEXP.exe"
"sw3cwEXP.64.exe"

Step 3
Run the Game via the "sw3cwEXP.exe"

If that is the case, what is "sw3cwEXP.64.exe" for? Also there is a file called "sw3cwEXP-8xFix.exe" in the Main folder but no instructions to move it to the game folder or how to properlly use it. Added instructions for those files should be added to the install.txt.

Tedious, I know but it's just my initial impression. Now on to gameplay!
Old 12-22-2016, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

Initial opinions on the Maintenance station: (yes i know these are mostly goblin wizards leftovers but you are the guy merging so here goes):

Motherships Original: The design has a column for H.Turrets but none of them have that so why have the column?

Motherships Other: Some of the designs cost credits but there are several ships with no price and can be "bought" for free. Pretty overpowered to get a free Alien dreadnought at the start Also, it would be nice to format those "other" ships the same way the original motherships are laid out to show what the stats are.

Fighters shipyard:
As above, it would be nice to have a layout that shows the stats of each fighter

Star Equipment:
It would be nice to have stats on those guns so you know what you are buying.

Story configurator:
What is this?

Mothership's equipment:
It would be nice to have stats on those guns so you know what you are buying.

Canteen:
#11 Not found string: #L_DR5_ANS_CANTEEN_19

Also, it would be nice to have the canteen on page 1 since it is a main usage option.

Bypass options:
What is this for?

SW3 Expansion Fighter shipyard:
Why not just have these ships in the fighters shipyard on page 1 as it is buried on page 3. And again, stats would be nice.

I will do further testing on the maintenance station once I have cash enough to buy these guns/ships.

More to follow as I explore!
Old 12-22-2016, 06:12 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Lotrek

Nice finally some stuff to do.

About the Install: Yeah, I agree... I kinda just left them rotting all around the place, including the front page and all that.

Story Configurator: Deprecated content.
Bypass options: Here you can toggle the Freedom Killer to be on or off (The scripted death scene when you escape the story early-game on) and another depr. option
About the Stats: TBH, its a really nasty thing to do, because I would have to restart the game for every change I do to see how it looks, sure it looks neat when it works but the amount of work that would be needed for that many dialog xml's I have made so far would be a tad insane.

I should just make pdf or something which includes all of my mods added Weapons / modules / ships etc and also shows the stats of it.

You can expect an follow-up RC2 of this update very soon.

Last edited by nocalora29; 12-22-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocalora29 View Post
Nice finally some stuff to do.
But wait there's more!

Warning to the casual reader: Some of this beta testing may be considered spoilers so do not read if you don't want to be spoiled.

1) Initial ship is labeled as a walrus as opposed to the vanilla Unitrans tug. When I select it to see its layout I get: Scanning process aborted: Unknown source. Based on the graphic of the ship it looks like I have an upper Bardice turret and lower Gatling turret. As a test I attacked the patrol that stops you as you enter Gredos. The Walrus took only shield damage and took out that four fighter patrol. Pretty dangerous for a beginner ship.

2) When I switched to Ray's transport I see that I do in fact have a Bardice and a Vulcan in the inventory as well as a scutum, eagle and veil. I assume that was the equipment I could not see on the Walrus. Also, there is a Gen 3 Black Stormcrow fighter in the hold. Not sure where that came from since neither the walrus or Heavy trans have hangers. All that combined may be a bit OP for the start, especially the fighter being a gen 3 since it will take awhile to fly it.

3) Tried docking the Heavy Trans at Triton station but it just flew there and would not dock. I flew to the North intrasystem portal and again, it would just fly to it and through it but it would not dock. I was able to jump to Aurora to continue the plot though. Also, I was able to dock at placid docs.

4) I noticed that you added the option "SW3 story switch blocker" to either take the new ship or decline to keep your old mothership at points in the campaign where you switch ships. I think this a nice addition but I did come across a bug:

On a lark, I declined the switch to the pirate base Mastif. The story cutscene still played but when it ended I was just an empty plot in space. The Mastif is shown in the distance as being unmanned but the heavy transport is no longer visible. To see if it was just a visual error, I pressed the "select all" and tried moving via the map. Nada, I am just stuck in empty space. I pressed "I" and when I select mothership it does show the Heavy trans template with my character and Ternie as crew, however I am still unable to manipulate the ship. Maybe warn people of this in the instructions or disable the "SW3 story switch blocker" in the early game.

More to come tomorrow. I think I overfilled your plate for today
Old 12-22-2016, 06:38 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

You sure did overfill me a lil.

But hey, could you send me your LOG before and after that last part you experienced?

A Save game before that happened would also be kickass!

EDIT: I also would like your opinion on the new Repair mechanic I added, before this you could just get 100% HP just by clicking "Repair", but now you have to wait until the Repair is finished in Real-Time, and you can't move while repairing, atleast not too much, If the new script detects too much movement it will Abort the Operation.

Last edited by nocalora29; 12-23-2016 at 01:00 AM.