1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
Well, if it s really true that allies can fly up to above 9k height and germans are stuck at 7.4k the game is done for me. No matter how good the rest is. Gamebreaker..

Winger

EDIT: Hmm. cant find where i read that. Can anyone confirm any red plane being able to go as high als 9000+ meters?
109 will climb to 24600ft max (7,5km). I don't know about gamebreaker, but I know that bad FMs never kept me away from flying.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Approved Member

What all this debate about FMs is for? First Red was porked, now Red is too good? Total waste of time. This is the LAST PATCH. What we have is what we have. Now get flying, or go home I say!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:54 PM

You can get a SpitIIA to 29,000ft but thats an absolute ceiling and requires careful flying to get it there .... you cant fight up there though. You are back to around 80MPH max power just hanging in.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:01 PM

Just now i shoot two 109s and one runs away of my mighty hurricane in ATAG...

All this in medium battles, like five aircrafts involved.

Keep the discussion about FM. I'll continue to to the best i can with what i have!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
You can get a SpitIIA to 29,000ft but thats an absolute ceiling and requires careful flying to get it there .... you cant fight up there though. You are back to around 80MPH max power just hanging in.
well, even when seh´s able to fly decent at 8500 would be enough to totally pork the 109s. Hopefully this planes stays off the servers then.

Winger
Old 10-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
well, even when seh´s able to fly decent at 8500 would be enough to totally pork the 109s. Hopefully this planes stays off the servers then.

Winger
Why? Spitfire had slightly better ceiling in real life, too.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

The altitude problem is tied to the global model rather than to the aircraft FMs per Luthier. I think fixing it will require a whole lot more than just fiddling a bit with the aircraft paramters.

Visit No 79 Squadron vRAF

Petter Bøckman
Norway
Old 10-20-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo. View Post
Why? Spitfire had slightly better ceiling in real life, too.

ehem 9000m vs 7400m like we have ingame i would not call slightly better. Thats a major advantage in altitude which can be converted to energy! I mean later in the war german fighters get problems at these alltitudes anyhow because of the P51 and thats historically correct. I have no problems with that. But BOB? No way.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly_flyer View Post
The altitude problem is tied to the global model rather than to the aircraft FMs per Luthier. I think fixing it will require a whole lot more than just fiddling a bit with the aircraft paramters.
Yea you are right in him saying there would be a lot of work but I assumed that would be the altitude as a whole not just certain fighter FM's? Which word point to specific FM's and not a global model as a whole
Old 10-20-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly_flyer View Post
This.

Besides there are not that many fights going on up high anyway. The 109 can still outclimb and outspeed the RAF fighters no problem. red fighters still have chronic overheating problems. The difference is blue pilots have to consider energy now, that is all.