1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 05-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

Default hahahahahaha Man united

Can't stop laughing!!!!!

Old 05-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

SMF - HAHAHA comes to mind reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post
The devs need to continue to tweak the FM balance until there is equal amount of whining from both sides.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

Old 05-13-2012, 09:05 PM

next season... looks like you can buy the trophy... unless the scousers try harder, Utd will always own the record... fergie might have to spend a few bob, but noisy neighbours are still just a nuisance...
Old 05-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrojet View Post
next season... looks like you can buy the trophy... unless the scousers try harder, Utd will always own the record... fergie might have to spend a few bob, but noisy neighbours are still just a nuisance...
i like this thread.

dirty rags acting like they've not bought their success is always amusing as well. sky over-inflated the value of success and made it a self-perpetuating elite. not any more.

out played you in all the derby games this year, says it all.
MOBO - MB-EVGA122CKNF68BR
RAM - ddr2 6gb @800mhz
GPU - nVidia geforce GTX 280 1gb
Old 05-14-2012, 10:46 AM

Which PROFESSIONAL football club hasn't bought it's success or failure.I used to follow football but would prefer to watch the local team where the players play because they want to.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_Titus View Post
i like this thread.

dirty rags acting like they've not bought their success is always amusing as well. sky over-inflated the value of success and made it a self-perpetuating elite. not any more.

out played you in all the derby games this year, says it all.

out-played due to injuries... two-faced tevez and botulism being your top dogs? at least ALL the united players respect fergie... mancini needs to man up to those clowns... just glad we're not paid in dirham... dollars bad enough...
Old 05-15-2012, 09:27 AM

So Man utd don't buy their success then? .I could list the players that they have poached /bought from other clubs just like you can for all.
Man Utd and the other big clubs are only that because

1 They have alot of mugs -sorry fans throughout the world buying merchandise

2 Rich owners who pump money into the club

3 Success encourages the big fish (with inflated wages) to false loyalties.

In my opinion the best managers are those that work with a fraction of the expense and survive and do well,punching above the belt--David Moyes ,Paul Lambert for example.
Personally i would love to see a rule come in that says the managers are moved around every 5 years to see whether the likes of Fergie could manage a poor team to success.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrojet View Post

out-played due to injuries... two-faced tevez and botulism being your top dogs? at least ALL the united players respect fergie... mancini needs to man up to those clowns... just glad we're not paid in dirham... dollars bad enough...
out played due to being better. outscored, out defended, outplayed in all three derbies - even the one we lost with 10 men. arsenal can complain about injuries for that 8-2 drubbing, but united... nah.

tevez was slapped down by mancini and he has all the other players' - and the fans' - respect for his handling of the little troll. the top dogs are vinny, hart, yaya and sergioooooo by a mile, with barry getting an honourable mention for his unglamorous but diligent work. and pablo because he's ace. to even single out those players feels wrong because everyone has been fantastic this year.

factoid - united's starting XI on sunday cost more than city's.

i've followed city from the early 90's - i've stood then sat in the kippax, watched us get relegated, play third division football, earn a last minute reprieve at wembley in '99, the false dawns, the bellowing for swales's head. the pain, the misery, the gallows humour, the humiliation... and finally the ecstasy.
RAM - ddr2 6gb @800mhz

Last edited by MD_Titus; 05-15-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumper View Post
So Man utd don't buy their success then? .I could list the players that they have poached /bought from other clubs just like you can for all.
Man Utd and the other big clubs are only that because

1 They have alot of mugs -sorry fans throughout the world buying merchandise

2 Rich owners who pump money into the club

3 Success encourages the big fish (with inflated wages) to false loyalties.

In my opinion the best managers are those that work with a fraction of the expense and survive and do well,punching above the belt--David Moyes ,Paul Lambert for example.
Personally i would love to see a rule come in that says the managers are moved around every 5 years to see whether the likes of Fergie could manage a poor team to success.
i fully concur that managers like moyes and lambert and rogers have done fantastically, but conversely you sometimes see these managers who do well on a shoestring budget get a job with a richer (not bigger) club... and they do woefully. since sky came in it's a self-perpetuating hegemony at the top level, and the only way to break into it is a rich owner, such as jack walker at blackburn, abramovich at chelsea and mansour at city. sticking is the trick, money doesn't get you success, it can only assist - the players, the manager and the team ethic are what wins things.
RAM - ddr2 6gb @800mhz