1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Crane

It would be madness to release the game as it is. There will be a patch or the release date will be put back.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timholt View Post
Source?
My empty dinner plate...."wife.....bring food .... NOW!"
Old 07-15-2011, 08:40 AM

I bet in case US release delayed by 2 weeks we get beta patch next week. In case it is delayed by 2 months or till Christmas we will get beta patch in 2 weeks. Release on the 19th is extremely unlikely because MP sound is not fixed yet and we did not get beta last Friday.

There is no point to release a PC game in summer anyway.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:03 AM

I hope that - we will see..
Old 07-15-2011, 09:15 AM

if the release date of Tuesday 19th of July 2011, we'll see a patch exactly on that day.

on the other hand, considering the amount of things (still) needing to be fixed, there's no way in hell they can meet that date.

so, either another botched release, or a post-pone..
Old 07-15-2011, 09:24 AM

No patch today. US release will be delayed as Ataros says until sound is fixed.
We have about 15 Americans in our squadron and none of them have any plans of buying Clod. It will take more than just fixing what is broken to get them to buy it now. Maybe if they throw in a few more flyable aircraft, added a Mediterain (Battle for Malta) campaign or a Battle for France one?
I honestly would rather it was delayed and they really fixed things, re-worked the singleplayer, removed the childish gimicks and very linear singleplayer and concentrated on a dynamic campaign structure, one they can reuse and improve in later incarnations of the series.
It is a given that the multiplayer needs work.
The real irony is that they are actually 95% of the way there already. It is just quality control, proper beta testing and maybe the team need to take a step back and see where they want to get too?.
It really looks like when Oleg left he took the vision of the entire project with him.
I know people hate comparisons between games but Rise of Flight was in a very similar boat at one stage and then Jason literally took hold of the team and dragged them to where they are now.
I honestly hope Luthier is the man for the job, but for the love of everything holy do not release this game as is to the American market, it would be marketing suicide!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Crane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb4 View Post
No patch today. US release will be delayed as Ataros says until sound is fixed.
We have about 15 Americans in our squadron and none of them have any plans of buying Clod. It will take more than just fixing what is broken to get them to buy it now. Maybe if they throw in a few more flyable aircraft, added a Mediterain (Battle for Malta) campaign or a Battle for France one?
I honestly would rather it was delayed and they really fixed things, re-worked the singleplayer, removed the childish gimicks and very linear singleplayer and concentrated on a dynamic campaign structure, one they can reuse and improve in later incarnations of the series.
It is a given that the multiplayer needs work.
The real irony is that they are actually 95% of the way there already. It is just quality control, proper beta testing and maybe the team need to take a step back and see where they want to get too?.
It really looks like when Oleg left he took the vision of the entire project with him.
I know people hate comparisons between games but Rise of Flight was in a very similar boat at one stage and then Jason literally took hold of the team and dragged them to where they are now.
I honestly hope Luthier is the man for the job, but for the love of everything holy do not release this game as is to the American market, it would be marketing suicide!
+1, 100% agree
Old 07-15-2011, 09:32 AM

If it is going to be on the shelves in 4 days then it has already gone gold.

If it has gone gold then it is completely fixed.

If it is completely fixed, Luthier has been holding out.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll2k View Post
If it is going to be on the shelves in 4 days then it has already gone gold.

If it has gone gold then it is completely fixed.

If it is completely fixed, Luthier has been holding out.
It's Steam game, it's gone gold in that time when it's unlock steam so long Devs can made a patch.

It is possible that there is no even CD in US retail release, only key for unlock.

Last edited by Kankkis; 07-15-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:00 AM

I also think that there SHOULD be an anouncement today that at least a BETA patch that will come as final on NA releaseday via steam will come today or tomorrow. It would be a big blemish to release the game in NA without fixing at least the MP sound issues. Just my 5 cent.
I think the very least we can reckon is a newsupdate.

Winger
Closed Thread