1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Approved Member

Hi Ali and Oddball. Luthier had posted here a couple of times here in response to concerns that the Moscow project would take over before CloD was fixed. He said that the development of BfM was being done externally.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:57 AM

I predict it will be pushed out to after the end of summer vacation or after school starts for most of you kids. Awww what a drag. ahaha
Old 07-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Approved Member

The only thing I'm nervous about is they still have the old May 24th date at the Canadian UBI SOFT shop site. What's up with that? That's where I ordered from too

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_C...-of-Dover.html

Last edited by Richie; 07-17-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Hi Ali and Oddball. Luthier had posted here a couple of times here in response to concerns that the Moscow project would take over before CloD was fixed. He said that the development of BfM was being done externally.
It is good news probably meaning IL-2 in the long run will be developed by an independent studio(like RoF and DCS) and not limited by a publisher in any way. Then we have more communication and more finished releases but maybe we would need to pay more per aircraft (same as with RoF or DCS).
Old 07-17-2011, 07:58 AM
BigPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
WoW didnt know that, thats quite a revelation to reveal especially if its going to third party outside of 1C at this early stage of the game.

Hang on, didnt we see a 1C MG dev working on the radial during the meet the team update

So again I find myself wondering who to believe, luthier or the photo

Anyhow, Ataros i'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say a 3rd party dev like in RoF, I thought the dev team who made RoF made the planes too?
Old 07-17-2011, 08:25 AM

I don't understand it either. As far as I'm aware its being worked on by the same people who made Cliffs of Dover which is 1C: Maddox Games. No-one has been able to provide a link to information that suggests otherwise which means its nothing more than a hoax at this stage.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
Anyhow, Ataros i'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say a 3rd party dev like in RoF, I thought the dev team who made RoF made the planes too?
I did not say 3rd party. I said independent from any major publishers like UBI, EA or Codemasters which get more than half the money, fire company founder and force the game released not finished.

RoF has a publisher which is 777 but I would consider them an independent studio still as 777 is rather small compared to UBI. I would not be surprised if RoF team and 777 is a one legal entity making 777 rather a dev company than a publisher from my point of view.

The MG team may work part-time for UBI finishing the engine (depending on how much work-time UBI covers by their contract) and half time for another company making all add-ons (if this rumor is true). I am talking mostly about modelers who have nothing left to do for CloD. Then when contract with UBI is over MG may become an independent studio like RoF team or DCS and sell all add-ons directly without a major international publisher involvement. Just a possibility but a good one for end users I think as we would get same quality of product as RoF or DCS even if we have to pay more.

I would prefer to see direct link to luthier's post mentioned above it if anyone has it.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
I did not say 3rd party. I said independent from any major publishers like UBI, EA or Codemasters which get more than half the money, fire company founder and force the game released not finished.

Do you mean Oleg? Is that your opinion? or you know this?
where are you getting your information from?

interesting. though i can see this being removed sharpish.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Ali Fish

my take is that you mean externally from ubisoft ?. This makes a whole heap of sense to me. Ubi is the key to all this BS. i just knew it. If i was 14 and ubi was a guy id be aranging a fight with him down the local park right now .

The part im not happy about is 1C honesty in the fce of this BS. Why are they happy to let this semi conspiracy bubble to the surface.(i only say this coz they say sweet FA but we do know dont we???, Deep down we all know. why 1C why ?

Last edited by Ali Fish; 07-17-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
WoW didnt know that, thats quite a revelation to reveal especially if its going to third party outside of 1C at this early stage of the game.

Hang on, didnt we see a 1C MG dev working on the radial during the meet the team update
and even more as Luthier confirmed it would ba a La5......................
Would not have expected a La5 is needed for a title called "Battle for Moskau".

But otherwise Luthier posted also in the past a WIP turret of the Moskau Kremlin and a singleseat IL2 ..........................