Major Multiplayer Announcement
Full post here:
On September 15th 2015 (Battle of Britain Day) Storm of War will be releasing the new 24-hour, 7-day-per-week campaign which is called “the Long War”.
The "Long War" is the realisation of 13 months of work with the Storm of War server building all of the following features that are a totally unique combination in Cliffs of Dover:
1. Mission by Mission public career stats, including a "dead-is-dead" career system
2. Hundreds of targets for bomber pilots, dynamically selected each mission
3. Statistics for bombers pilots, displaying the weight of bombs dropped and objects destroyed throughout your career
4. Limited numbers of air-frames on the map, and air-frames that actually required repairs in the workshop after a mission where they took damage
5. A meta-game that exists beyond simply flying on the server, with inter-squadron co-operation, intelligence gathering and strategic planning
6. RADAR and Direction finding systems that are linked to ground-based infrastructure
7. Web-based and ingame RADAR output, IFF "pip-squeak" locators, mapping and strategic tools
8. Dynamically generated mission weather including clouds and wind settings which are modelled on real-world meteorological data from south-east England
9. The ability to fly Reconnaissance and Transport missions that will have a real effect on your team's fighting capability
10. Customisable airfields for virtual squadrons, which allow each unit to design the layout of their own airfield and spawn areas
The "Long War" will be a fully persistent environment where your actions will have an effect on everyone else who flies on the server. Our "FAQ" page is now active. This page should answer the most common questions about how SoW works now that we have set a transition date.
Part of the beauty of the new 24/7 "Long War" is that no two missions will ever be the same on the server. From now on, targets will be generated dynamically. There is no longer the need for “mission builders” to be constantly working on new content – the server does this for us!
Many of the offline aspects of Storm of War are found in the “Campaign Interface” which has been significantly improved in recent months. Access to this side of Storm of War is mainly given to players who are members of
a virtual squadron that has registered to play on SoW. If your virtual squadron or group is registered on SoW AND you have declared for one side (red, or blue) you should already have access to the Campaign Interface.
Instructions for registering your squadron can be found in this YouTube