1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 05-20-2014, 04:18 AM
Approved Member

Lightbulb I think the bonuses you have only apply to base and not talent damage...

I think in this case, your +1 poison and +1 physical damage may have been coming into play, as I'm pretty sure these damage bonuses only apply to base attack and not to talents (by the way, these types of bonuses are awesome on low level troops).

Horseman damage is 12-16, but with +2 your damage was technically 14-18 (+16.7% to +14.3%), while charge damage was still 12-16.

I checked some things out yesterday, and I couldn't get the horseman base attack damage to exceed the charge damage for the same hex distance, but I didn't have any bonuses.

Here are some numbers that seem to verify what is happening in your situation:

Base Attack Damage / Charge Damage: 14-18 (with your +2) / 12-16 (no bonuses)
+10% / +15%: 15.4-19.8 / 13.8-18.4
+20% / +30%: 16.8-21.6 / 15.6-20.8
+30% / +45%: 18.2-23.4 / 17.4-23.2
+40% / +60%: 19.6-25.2 / 19.2-25.6
+50% / +75%: 21.0-27.0 / 21.0-28.0
+60% / +90%: 22.4-28.8 / 22.8-30.4

So you can see that you only do more maximum damage with charge at the +40%/+60% and up cases whereas the minimum damage is always equal or lower unless you go to +60% / +90% (which would require you to have a speed bonus to your horseman). If you have other bonuses (sounds like you may have some additional melee damage bonuses) then the base attack will most likely always be higher damage because 14-18 might be 15-19 or even higher.

I'm pretty sure this is what is going on...

/C\/C\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiras View Post
What you say makes sense, however, there was no backing up in my experiments. I just tried this again: Walking a horseman forward one hex at a time and comparing charge vs normal attack. When he was really close to the enemy, he didn't have the movement left to back up, but normal attack was superior with 1 hex empty. I launched the attack and there was no backing up movement.

In any case, charge is useful for the no retaliation and being able to cross the map with almost no movement left, so I use both still.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:18 AM
Approved Member

Yep, that explains it. Seems like skills systemically don't deal with the bonus damage items. I remember archers using their cold arrows doing less damage than their physical attack. I still love those items though.

I ended up abandoning my warrior run. Playing again as a mage. The warrior was plenty powerful, but I just find it more fun to play as a mage. Casting 2 spells a turn gives me much better control of the battlefield than having bigger stacks. So it'll probably be a week before I get to combat test the new dragons.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Cool Mod development done for the time being

I'm pretty pleased with this last effort since the start of this year to update my mod to V2014-06-01.

I feel that I've implemented everything that I wanted to implement as I've improved the spell casting AI, added Blue Dragons, added options to trade containers for crystals or runes, added the rune exchange capability, added difficulty level and map bonuses to enemy hero spell power and enemy unit talents, most ability / spell / spirit ability durations are now affected by the target's resistance, and many other changes that I feel make the game more enjoyable.

So I'm going to be finishing up my current Paladin game (I'm level 29 and in the Labyrinth) and then probably take a break before I move on to modding AP/ CW / WotN / I&F / DS.

If there are any crashing bugs or bugs discovered, I'll work on an update to fix those as they are found.

I've also been updating the *.LNG files with grammar fixes found by @Dohi64 and me. There are a few grammar errors in a couple of *.LNG files in my mod (for example EN(G)_ITEMS.LNG) since I updated them before I fixed the originals. I'll probably wait for @Dohi64 to finish his current playthrough before I update my mod to include all the grammar fixes found in the *.LNG files that were updated after I modified them for my mod.

The next update in a few months will most likely (finally!) be V1.0.

Thanks to everyone's input for helping make my mod the way it is! This has been almost 4 years in the making and it is crazy to look back at all the time that has passed and how far the mod has come in that time!

/C\/C\
Old 06-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

Hi Matt, thanks again for all the work you have done. It was a pleasure playing your mod .
I have a question - is it possible for me somehow to extract the blue dragon and implement it in other mods as well? I want to play with it in my other favorite mod for TL.
You've said "AP/ CW / WotN / I&F / DS " - what is the meaning of "DS" ?
Wish you a pleasant time working on the future mods
Thanks!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorko80 View Post
Hi Matt, thanks again for all the work you have done. It was a pleasure playing your mod .
Thanks for the kind words - glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
I have a question - is it possible for me somehow to extract the blue dragon and implement it in other mods as well? I want to play with it in my other favorite mod for TL.
It is possible, but it is not a drop in solution since my mod has many features that other mods do not have. There would have to be copying, splicing in of code, and then editing it - no small task and not easy to describe either.

Quote:
You've said "AP/ CW / WotN / I&F / DS " - what is the meaning of "DS" ?
DS is Dark Side, which you see has a few posts down below in the main King's Bounty thread. I'm not sure why it doesn't have its own forum thread heading, but it is coming out soon and you can actually buy the game now and get in on beta development if you so desire...

Quote:
Wish you a pleasant time working on the future mods
Thanks!
Thanks - it is going to be nice to actually play some games and take a break before I get back to it!

/C\/C\
Old 06-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

It was a long journey ,but many interesting and fun moments Mat
I`m glad you concluded your mod, and you should be proud on your work.

Onward to future victories
Old 09-06-2014, 01:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matod4 View Post
Hello i like this mod a lot , but i dont agree with mesing up so much with creature speed and initiative , i thin it destroys the game core of combat
I'm not sure exactly what you mean here - do you mean you don't like the creature speed / initiative bonuses that the children provide to your units or that the difficulty level (i.e. impossible) applies to the enemy units?

Both, in my opinion, are great features of this mod because 1) it encourages you to play a unit that you might not play and 2) it makes the enemy more challenging.

Quote:
Mana is bugged , with mana flask you will exchange with mana , and also that quest where you have to be mage or level 15 , i am always left from 109 mana to 30 permanently
I'm not exactly sure what you mean here, either. Are you talking about the Mana Potion that provides +30 Mana? Is your Mana limit decreasing by drinking a Mana Potion?

I've never seen that before with my mod and I did not even change any of that mechanic and so there should not be this problem.

So if you could be more clear with what you're thinking here maybe I can be of more help...

/C\/C\
Old 09-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Approved Member

Mine english is not so well so ill try explain once again , i had maximum mana auround 110 then i started quest where you have to battle those 3 altars in the map most left from start location.But when i finished quest i had only 30 mana maximum.And this happend also i think when i want rise mine mana cap in archamge tower , when you give archmage 2 manapotions. I have save games somewhere maybe i can send them to you. Hm?
Old 09-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Also i want to thank you for yours work done, its 100x better game than for example darks side or wont cause theres no real difficulty balance and i hope you will mod these games same way you did here, and i also wish you will do this to CW red sands or red sans extreme mod.. i like most on yours mod that you are changig attack and defense od creatures not thier numbers only.. Also is thomes for AP this good also? and do you need any help betatesting or something?
Old 09-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Mine english is not so well so ill try explain once again , i had maximum mana auround 110 then i started quest where you have to battle those 3 altars in the map most left from start location.But when i finished quest i had only 30 mana maximum.And this happend also i think when i want rise mine mana cap in archamge tower , when you give archmage 2 manapotions. I have save games somewhere maybe i can send them to you. Hm?
Hmmm... I've never had any problem with this part of the game before, but perhaps it is something that I did. If you can email the save games to me with instructions on how to repeat the problem then I'll do my best to see if I can find the problem and fix it (my email address is in the readme file for my mod that you downloaded).

Thanks in advance for sending me the saves and reporting the problem here in the forum!

/C\/C\