1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Fafnir_6 Fafnir_6 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Some early video. Crew animation visible outside of aircraft. Glitches are present! This was recorded some couple of months ago for the test how it looks on the video (not all frames smoothly grabbed by a programm).
Here is two merged scenes. One gunner is moving from bottom to top and then side gunner moved in bottom turret.




No more today.

And when you will ask again please remember, that said yesterday I will look is it possible or not.
I decided - not possible. Sound is one of the main reason. Second reason I see much better on computer and can't record it now...

I always see some comments even when I say some notice that is is not the things that you will see...

So the next videos we will post only when I will say I want it post.

Hope understand-able.
Sweet vid! It is nice to see the Italians make an appearance as well (the G.50 is a fun ride in IL-2 - I have flown it a fair bit). Please take all the time you need to get the sounds done right. I'm sure everyone will be suitably impressed when you decide a video with sound is postable. I always look forward to your updates and I hope that you will continue to post them. Fridays are awesome to start with, but Fridays + SoW updates are even better!

Cheers,

Fafnir_6
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:39 PM
winny winny is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
What was the weather like at this point in the BoB?
Even if they were rain clouds, they just wouldn't look like that. My point is, they don't look like any clouds I have ever seen in Britain. You can argue all you want, but they just aren't 2010 standard (as far as the screenshots tell). Of course, as Oleg said, these could be old shots etc
But look at the work of REX or even the new DCS game and the clouds there look better IMHO.
This is just constructive criticism; I'm not whining about it as I said that these features can be changed later. It won't put me off buying the game, but it'd be nice for photo-relastic clouds and terrain. I'm sure it could be achieved in the game.
You said they were too grey. Not unrealistic. And yes we don't know what time of year/day, weather conditions etc are set (more reason for you not to comment) I never said you were whining, just opining on something when you don't have all the relevant info.
Oleg's been in this industry for 20 plus years, what makes you think he doesn't know what he's doing?
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:46 PM
kedrednael kedrednael is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
Really?
You say all that then tell a grown man that the clouds are too grey? Come on, the guy knows what clouds look like. I'm looking out of my window at grey clouds.. who do I tell?
The clouds you see are grey because you are looking at them from beneith, they cast shadow on themselfs. On the top clouds are whiter, If there are no high clouds.
The top of the clouds shown here look great! they look like activly growing, sun bathing cumules clouds at least in the first shot with the Wellington (my new screensaver) But maybe the clouds also should be more white on the sides facing the sun. I think it is really nice to see some clouds again.

some normal cumules clouds:

Of course these clouds are impossible to make in a video game, in 2010. But the tops of the clouds shown in the screenshot from the wellington today look extremely realistic.

I didn't know the AI was able to move to different places in the plane I didn't even think about it.
In the video the bullet holes look a lot more realistic than I thought they would look. It are bullet holes right?
Nice update.

BTW, if you look at the terrain in this real life video at 0:30 when you see the ground best. you will notice that you can see almost no difference in colours there, even less detail in the ground as you see in the SOW pictures. That's not because in this video you see forest and in SOW you see countrysides.

Last edited by kedrednael; 10-01-2010 at 06:05 PM. Reason: forgot to say something about the terrain.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:49 PM
infirebaptize infirebaptize is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
Don't judge us by the few that are jerks.
I don't know the guy but he apologized for it, there is no reason to call him names. He was asking for more materials and there is nothing wrong with that. Stop the smoke blowing, we are paying for this game
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Romanator21 Romanator21 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 505
Default

Quote:
Anyway, I think constructive criticism is useful; but let's not split hairs over this.
Constructive criticism is not "The terrain sucks, looks like a watercolor, looks worse than 1946, the terrain has poor resolution, this effect is not up to standards"

The fact is that we're seeing the highest resolution terrain in a sim to date, with houses and trees added painstakingly by hand. Maybe you and I and other and Oleg don't agree about the colors, but that's no reason to bash someone's years of work to say that a child could have done better. Your computer probably won't run the game at all due to its sheer complexity, and the clouds are too grey.

Quote:
I agree with Nearmiss. Moaning that an update is not enough is just stupid. You f*****s are lucky to get anything from Oleg. He takes the time to post an excellent update, every week, and after he has done so you ask and whine that you want a video. Of course a video will be nice, we all know that, but after one man has taken the time out of his day to post a number of shots and answer a number of questions you still whine. Well, I think it's ludicrous personally.

Oleg, are the clouds shown final? They look quite nice, but IMHO are a bit grey? Also, they still look quite cotton-ballish. I hope this makes sense. I am sure it can be a feature that will always be tweaked from release, but this is just my two pence. Have a great weekend
This is the funniest thing I've seen all day.

Oh yeah, those "f---ers" and whiners ruining it for everyone else...

And then your second paragraph.

Tell me, did you do this on purpose to be funny? Tell me you did, because if you were serious...


Of course, we can all just point our fat fingers at the other guy for making Oleg (and maybe even his team members) upset with us. We can excuse ourselves right away with "my post was before your post" etc.

Everyone here should be pointing their snotty fingers at themselves.

I'm guilty of it too, but just listen to us experts:

Quote:
To me the cloud look strange
Quote:
The screen is easy to make... and only see good look, nothing more..
Quote:
I am not happy with it.
Quote:
Nice photos, as always, but not new at all, too boring always to see the same
Quote:
Is there a possibility to warm us up more by increasing the posts to, lets say twice a week?
Quote:
I WANT THAT (no-sound) VIDEO!
Quote:
Yep, at this project level, maybe one video should be more appropriate...
And my favorite

Quote:
I'm sure someone like Cannon could sort the terrain out in no time at all, his terrain for Il2 is better than what we are seeing here at this moment in time.
and

Quote:
The terrain in these shots look like they have been painted in water colour by a child.
I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

Remember people, Oleg and team are not required to show us anything, they don't owe us anything. SoW could have been developed under covers without a single screen-shot posted.

Oleg said this week that he couldn't post a screen-shot because that would mean compiling the code and other things - too difficult because of the move. Well, he posts a screen shot anyway. He only said he might consider posting a video, and that nothing was promised. He posts a video anyway.

At least take the time to punch out a "Thank You".



So, thanks Oleg and team for all your posts and patience with all of us. Have a good week, good luck sorting out the move.

BTW, the screen-shots and video look great this week (and I sincerely mean it). Too many good things to say. (lighting, crew animation, paint flakes, bare aluminum, clouds in 5th pic look awesome - just as they should, etc....)

Last edited by Romanator21; 10-01-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:52 PM
philip.ed's Avatar
philip.ed philip.ed is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
You said they were too grey. Not unrealistic. And yes we don't know what time of year/day, weather conditions etc are set (more reason for you not to comment) I never said you were whining, just opining on something when you don't have all the relevant info.
Oleg's been in this industry for 20 plus years, what makes you think he doesn't know what he's doing?
I think he knows what he's doing, but mistakes were made in Il-2 and the clouds here don't look realistic. The greyness of this justn't isn't representative of clouds. If clouds carry rain, they will not necessarily have the same colour all over. The clouds here look like that to me.
Is just my observation mate


@Romanator; my posted was directed at those whining for videos. Since when did I do that mate? And you're wrong. These textures are not high-res. The buildings and objects are, but not the actual field textures. So you are wrong. I never said the terrain looked like watercolour....

Last edited by philip.ed; 10-01-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:55 PM
brando's Avatar
brando brando is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Devon UK
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
What was the weather like at this point in the BoB?
Even if they were rain clouds, they just wouldn't look like that. My point is, they don't look like any clouds I have ever seen in Britain. You can argue all you want, but they just aren't 2010 standard (as far as the screenshots tell). Of course, as Oleg said, these could be old shots etc
But look at the work of REX or even the new DCS game and the clouds there look better IMHO.
This is just constructive criticism; I'm not whining about it as I said that these features can be changed later. It won't put me off buying the game, but it'd be nice for photo-relastic clouds and terrain. I'm sure it could be achieved in the game.
I live on the South coast of England and I see clouds as shown all the time. That's in the context of the ever changing skyscape that is real life. Once again this seems to be an attempt to analyse conditions through a frozen instant of time rather than waiting to see the unfolding scenario in realtime from your seat in your chosen plane. I'd prefer to wait until that comes around.

Anyway, comfort yourself by looking at shot #5 - notice that every cloud has a silver lining

brando
__________________
Another home-built rig:
AMD FX 8350, liquid-cooled. Asus Sabretooth 990FX Rev 2.0 , 16 GB Mushkin Redline (DDR3-PC12800), Enermax 1000W PSU, MSI R9-280X 3GB GDDR5
2 X 128GB OCZ Vertex SSD, 1 x64GB Corsair SSD, 1x 500GB WD HDD.
CH Franken-Tripehound stick and throttle merged, CH Pro pedals. TrackIR 5 and Pro-clip. Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:59 PM
PeterPanPan PeterPanPan is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 559
Default

+1 Romanator. Well said. I just hope we haven't pushed Oleg too far this time.

And just add my voice to this, most of us here SINCERELY appreciate the efforts Oleg and team go to to keep us informed during the development phase. I for one would be really upset if this privilege was taken away from us.

PPanPan
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Romanator21 Romanator21 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 505
Default

Quote:
this is a commercial product, we are going to pay for it and we have the rights to ask...
It's a computer program, not a made-to-order sandwich bar.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 10-01-2010, 06:00 PM
proton45's Avatar
proton45 proton45 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 651
Default

Thanks for the up-dates Oleg....

The sim is just looking better and better...I'm glad you took the time to post the screen shots.

And thanks for the video...I really enjoyed the peek into the crew animations.

Last edited by proton45; 10-01-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.