1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Quikpik Quikpik is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solkarnar View Post
Imo the only good Chaos spell for Paladins is Sacrifice, so maybe i would recommend putting 1 point into Chaos magic to learn it.
Good, now I don't feel so bad about putting 1 pt into Chaos. I just need to find a Sacrifice spell now, LOL.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 AM
rayruan rayruan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 18
Default

I think, no matter you are pal or mage, Chaos is a good choice, if you want to make damage by hero rather than units. It's not too much difference between pal and mage IMO, because, the damage of magic is depend on int, and mage and pal got same opportunity to get int, atk and def. The only weakness compare to mage is that, mage have a mage only magic which allow mage cast spell twice per turn. However you will find the mana will be not enough, once per turn is enough for pal. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by rayruan; 10-13-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Namel Namel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayruan View Post
and mage IMO, because, the damage of magic is depend on int, and mage and pal got same opportunity to get int, atk and def.
Not exactly true. What you are offered at level up is weighted by class. You are more likely to be offered int or mana if you are mage.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Sky Keeper Sky Keeper is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7
Default

Eh, I always felt like i can't get enough might runes for that Tactics lv2...
I would not put more than 1 point into chaos - have not gotten sacrifice in 2 of my games up untill the very end. Also magic damage on hard and impossible does not scale well enough to be worth casting. For example: Casting dragon arrows on archers usually does much more damage than a direct damage spell. Or mass bless. Or just save mana, so you don't have to wait for it and start next combat with almost full rage (increases crit). On the other hand I itemized for rage and attack power and used magic for support/ressurection only, so my pally was closer to a warrior.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Zhuangzi's Avatar
Zhuangzi Zhuangzi is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Keeper View Post
Eh, I always felt like i can't get enough might runes for that Tactics lv2...
I would not put more than 1 point into chaos - have not gotten sacrifice in 2 of my games up untill the very end. Also magic damage on hard and impossible does not scale well enough to be worth casting. For example: Casting dragon arrows on archers usually does much more damage than a direct damage spell. Or mass bless. Or just save mana, so you don't have to wait for it and start next combat with almost full rage (increases crit). On the other hand I itemized for rage and attack power and used magic for support/ressurection only, so my pally was closer to a warrior.
Wrong. On Hard as a Mage, with Higher Magic x 3, Destroyer x 3 and 31 Intellect, I can cast Fire Rain 6 times in the first 3 turns, for 3000-4000 per hex, as much as 7 hits per go. In reality I can hit every enemy unit on the map for 3000-4000 damage on turn one, and then mop them up by about turn five. And then there's Armageddon, which is insanely powerful, especially against Dragons.

So I would say that Chaos level 3 is pretty damn fine for a Mage.

Last edited by Zhuangzi; 10-15-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Kosiciel Kosiciel is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 46
Default

It is, but You need good spells. Without these, mage is soooo weak!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Writhan Writhan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 63
Default

I can confirm what Zhuangzi said.

At 39 int, my rain of fire was hitting for like ~4k. My armaggedon was just above the 6k barrior. And don't forget lightning bolt. Very nasty for opening a battle.

SPOILER IN WHITE
I took out the last boss, the dragon circle, using demonesses with agna's (Which allowed me to act first), and insta-gib the entire army using 2x armaggedon for 6k each. This was as a mage.

Now tell me mage spells aren't powerful
SPOILER IN WHITE

Last edited by Writhan; 10-15-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Saridu Saridu is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosiciel View Post
It is, but You need good spells. Without these, mage is soooo weak!
True but as a mage I gather there's a much higher chance of you being offered good magic spells and earlier, I was offered Ice Snake by the Brotherhood and Phantom from the sunken ship, sheep which my paladin never found was just waiting by the sorcerers tower.

I have yet to find Fire Rain (at the end of the dwarf king quest) but I can wait, between Ice Snake and Fireball little is standing up to my indomitable wrath

31 Int sigh, I am still languishing with a measly 14! Luckily I found the intellect increasing artifact which will really help, would love to use Tadpole machine if I could put up with her whining!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Zhuangzi's Avatar
Zhuangzi Zhuangzi is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 923
Default

One of the main ways I increased intellect was by TWO Archmage's Staff (adds +5 intellect and a bonus to lightning spell). This is a tough item to upgrade but it's really worth it if you can. And I had two of them. Plus there were other artifacts such as a skull which gives intellect and mana.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-16-2008, 01:41 AM
Saridu Saridu is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
One of the main ways I increased intellect was by TWO Archmage's Staff (adds +5 intellect and a bonus to lightning spell). This is a tough item to upgrade but it's really worth it if you can. And I had two of them. Plus there were other artifacts such as a skull which gives intellect and mana.
Damn! I haven't been offered even one of those yet Just finished upgrading the grand druid staff, not as good but still useful (+4 int and +50% Attack for animals - My Royal snakes are happy!)

Yeah I've read about the skull but haven't found it yet.

I gather you went with Demon Girl, demons+dragon+Armageddon=Win ?

Also have the snake's ring, wasted on a mage though

Frog princess+snakes ring+grand druid staff - I may have to put it together just for the fun of it
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.