1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
Hi Frey. I have acterburner installed, but even after setting up a custom key to activate recording nothing happens
So I have to stick with Fraps. It does what I need it yo do, but I'dlike to have tested Afterburner.
Same issue for me. Afterburner does not record. Fraps works just fine, every time,.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:17 PM

Don't know why it won't record for you guys... - Could it be system dependent? - All my movies are recorded with MSI Afterburner. If you want to find out about the prob, perhaps ask at http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55
The developers hang out in there and reply directly to questions.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
seems not to work anymore with 3.5.9
I have reinstalled fraps, IL2, even moved it to another hard driver Fraps will not work it loses focus and all I recored is a black screen.
FRAPS 3.5.9 is working as normal here, using the last build of the game and nVidia driver 310.90.

I don't know what the problem might be with your setup. Can't think of any setting in FRAPS or Cliffs Of Dover that might cause that.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

FRAPS has always worked well on my system, including this latest 3.5.9 version, with one exception: it won't recognize any of my HOTAS' Directx joystick/throttle/CH Quadrant buttons. Keyboard commands -- no problem.

Since it's important to keep your eye on the target and not look away for a keyboard key (which is the main point of a HOTAS system), I'm puzzled why FRAPS fails to recognize joystick buttons (as TrackIR and Teamspeak do).

If I use Thrustmaster TARGET software to emulate a keyboard, then FRAPS does work. This is a kludgy workaround for the sake of one key command, however. I have sent an enquiry to FRAPS about this. However, I had done the same two years ago and their reply was that no one else had ever asked this question before, and were puzzled why anyone would want to use a joystick button in the first place. I'll see if I get a more enlightened reply this time.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:30 AM
Approved Member

I can see why no one has asked before if they use only a couple of funtions normally...myself, I don't use the fraps functions enough in game to need them attached to my hotas. So I only use the two lower right side keyboard keys, very easy to locate by feel alone.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 01-27-2013 at 09:00 AM.