1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > 1C Games

1C Games Discuss 1C games not listed below.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Default El Matador forum content

Hi!
Because the El Matador forum has had little traffic during the last few months, we decided to move the discussion to the official 1C forum. You can find all the valuable info related to El Matador that appeared on the Official El Matador Forum below.

We apologize to the registered members of the El Matador forum for losing their accounts, but creating new ones in the 1C forum will surely be rewarding.

Martin

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheats
First activate the console with the ~ (console key) then enter the following codes (hit <enter> after the code to activate it)

HEALTH - infinite health
WEAPONS - all weapons and 25% ammo (repeat to get more ammo)
NINJA - super jumping ability (jump about 15 times higher)

F.A.Q. - check these out before moving on
1 - Game not running under Win2k
Q: Game is not running under Win2k. I'm getting "the procedure entry point getrawinputdevicelist could not be located in the dynamic library USER32.dll" error message.
A: Delete the "dinput.dll" file from the game's directory.
2 - "Condition on line xxx not satisfied"
Q: I'm getting various "condition on line xxx not satisfied" error messages.
A: Check you have the latest divers for you motherboard chipset, motherboard chipset, sound card and graphics card installed. Also make sure you are using the latest release of DirectX 9.0c.
2.1 - Refresh rate issues
Q: I'm getting "condition online 249 not satisfied" error message.
A: Are you using any refresh rate override tool. If yes, disable it or even uninstall it (it may be neccesary to reinstall graphics card drivers after removing refresh rate override tool). You may also try setting same resolution and refresh rate for both windows and the game. That means, if you're trying to run the game in, for example, 1024x768@60hz, then can try setting desktop resolution and refresh rate to 1024x768@60hz as well.
3 - "Restoring, please wait" freeze
Q: Game gets stuck on "restoring, please wait"
A: This is caused by WindowBlinds program. Disable this program before running the game.
4 - Desktop shorcut not working
Q: Clicking on El Matador desktop shortcut does nothing.
A: This is caused by Windows security Update KB917422. microsoft has hotfix for this at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924867/

F.A.Q. Question 3
"Restoring, please wait" freeze
Q: Game gets stuck on "restoring, please wait"
A: This is caused by WindowBlinds program. Disable this program before running the game.
Windowsblinds or something else is not installed. Do you know another reason for this kind of problem?

I had this problem too until I did these things:
1. Update to version 1.1
2. Play game with dvd in dvd drive instead of trying to use a no-cd patch
3. Change refresh rate to the same exact refresh rate as the desktop.

El Matador Patch 1.1 released
Get it in the Downloads section of the El Matador website http://www.elmatador.net/index.php?d...page=downloads

Patch for German Version
I have the German GC Version of El Matador but the patch 1.1 is only for the English version. Will there be a patch for the German version?

The German publisher says, the patch is for the GC version too.
This patch is not for the "new censored" German version.

Grenades in the training level
I can't throw a grenade in the training level. Following the instructions I attempt to use the F key to throw a grenade but nothing happens. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Change the F-key to something else in the control panel (in game) and save it.
Restart the game and change it back.

Training Area Bug?
It's the first time you get a gun in the Training bit, and it says you have to shoot 15 or something targets.
But every time I do it, I shoot all the ones available, but there's always one left that I can't find and shoot. Any ideas?

Don't shoot the cleaner behind the window.

Stuck in Chapter 2 - Airshaft
I'm stuck on Chapter 2 - I just passed through a toilet to an air shaft. After I turn left inside, I fall off the map! Before that in front and to my right are vent gates that can't be blown off. What do I do here? Sounds like a bug!

I got the same fall off. This is how I solved it to continue game:
When I entered the tunnel on the left in the air duct, mine was all dark, I hugged the right wall tight (had to back in to make sure I was glued to that wall). After about one meter I turned around, forward, to see a bit of light in front of me. I stuck to the same right wall and went for the light. Then just continued through the shaft until I came to a small room, and the game continued.

Stuck
For anyone stuck at the end of El Guaiviria (camp down between the cliffs and a river):

1. kill all (as always)
2. try to arrive in full health and armor 100/100
3. in the house, at the second floor jump to the roof
4. run to the left and in
5. jump to a narrow path on the rocks
6. run in the path until a rock close it
7. jump to the roof again
8. run in the top and then turn right
9. jump again to the narrow path in the rocks and continue up
10. VOILÀ ... ! YOU CAN CONTINUE THE GAME

Assertion Failed error
I cannot play the game as the game keeps on crashing and giving me the following error message:
ASSERTION Failed: "\Typhoon2\engine\game.cpp" Cond
ASSERTION Failed: "\Typhoon2\engine\game.cpp" Condition on line 705 not satisifed
Call stack:
(0): pc_matador.exe at ?0

OR

ASSERTION failed:"..\\..\engine\game support\game objects\agent\base_agent_motion.cpp" condition on line 321 not satisfied

Found a post on another forum about the same error code. He had ReForce - an app that adjusts the refresh rate. He bumped it up (or turned off completely) and the problems went away. See if that helps you, his error message was literally word for word (except his was error on a different line of code)

GF 4 MX4000
I have an nVidia GeForce 4 MX4000 graphics card. Although I updated the GPU drivers, it’s still telling me to update them. What should I do?

You need a video card with the proper shader support to run this game. The GF4 MX4000 video card will not run El Matador.

Error upon install
I just bought this game after thoroughly enjoying the demo but was dismayed to find that as soon as I finished selecting the file path, etc. and the game started installing, I received the following error: - "Feature Transfer Error" -- Feature: DefaultFeature -- File: -- Error: Access is Denied. - I couldn't figure out what this could mean as the game is brand new, my drivers are up to date, and my computer meets the games requirements. (Pentium 4 HT, 1.5 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 GT OC, DirectX 9.0c, and about 17 GB of HDD free). I'd really appreciate some feedback as to what the problem might be and how I could solve it.

When El Matador installs, it puts a folder under your Documents and Settings folder. If you do not have permission as administrator over your Documents and Settings folder for some reason then the install will not place this very important folder under Documents and Settings. Right click on your START button and EXPLORE. Then right click on the Documents and Settings folder. Go to Sharing and Security. Then go the security tab to see if you are logged in with permission to alter the Documents and Settings folder.

Assertion Failed error
ASSERTION failed: "\Typhoon2\kernal\render\device\d3drenddx8\d3d8_re nder.cpp" condition on line 810 not satisfied
Call stack:
(0):pc_matador.exe at?()

I found the solution. Install the game in any other location except for the default (PLS NOTE: DO NOT INSTALL IT IN DEFAULT LOCATION. Just install it in say c:\cenega), delete the "dinput.dll" file from the game directory, apply patch and play the game.

Occlusion Query Extension error
Then I run the game it gives an error message: "Occlusion query extension not supported- please update your GPU drivers"
I've got a GeForce 4 MX 440 graphics card. Could you send me a driver?

If updating your drivers did not work then:
Occlusion query extension is a way for the GPU to determine how many pixel shaders have updated the frame buffer. The MX440 has NO pixel shaders. The minimum requirements on the box state that you must at least have a video card that has "HW pixel or vertex shaders support". The MX440 doesn't have this support.

Disabling Shadows
Is there any way to disable the shadows? It takes much performance.

Yes edit the config file. There is a string especially for that. Just change the value to 0.

Assertion Failed error
After playing for some hours I get this error:
Assertion failed: ”\Typhoon2\matador\Matadorgame.ccp” Condition on line 101 not satisfied
Call stack:
(0): pc_matador.exe at ?()
(0): kernel32.dll at RegisterWaitForInputIdle()
All drivers updated. Nothing helps.
Even tried the tip about forcing refreshrate.

After installing patch 1.1. I didn't experience this problem anymore. The dvd must be in the dvd drive too. I had that problem with trying to run the game on version 1.0 with a no-cd patch.

Condition on line xxx not satisfied
Condition on line xxx not satisfied - Problem solved
I have installed all up-to-date drivers for sound card, motherboard, graphics card and got latest version of DirectX.
All works fine with every game I own except for El Matador.

"I have solved my problem - new nVidia drivers set my refresh rates at 85 for all resolutions this meant the game would not work. So I downloaded REFORCE which forced the refresh rate for all my resolutions to 60 and now the game works.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:49 AM

Thanks for the faqs on some of the problems in this game. I am getting the 705 code problem, i hope to fix it soon.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:51 AM

Just an update, the game works fine and loads up just fine without the patch.

Peace
Old 07-22-2008, 10:45 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGOG View Post
Just an update, the game works fine and loads up just fine without the patch.

Peace
what did you update
Old 07-23-2008, 09:12 PM

Default How do know wich version is my game?

I like to know where in the game it show the version. 1.0 or 1.1?

Or do i have to look for a specific date of the files?

Thanks

Ema
Old 07-25-2008, 12:42 AM

why i cant adjust the refresh rate of the games plzz any
one help

Last edited by mrls; 07-25-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:53 AM

Does anyone know how to turn off some of the demanding options?
And change the refresh rate.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:14 AM

Default El Matador on Intel G965 chipsets

Hi all,
How u doin? Just joined this forum
i bought an Acer laptop with 250gb hdd and 3 gb RAM with windows Vista home premium.
Its also got intel G965 chipset(X3100 onboard GMA)....
i bought EL Matador on a whim that it would work but it does not.
Earlier it was not even initializing,then i installed latest graphics driver downloaded from intel site and then it start but when you try to start the game or when you start a tutorial it gives me this weird error which is not documented at all
Typhoon2/matador/MatadorGame.cpp
with a stack trace.
I saw in some sites that El Matador will work on G965 chipsets..
Can somebody tell me why this is hapening whether it will not work on my machine or if there is some other installation required
so please please somebody help me.....
Old 09-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorWithin View Post
Hi all,
How u doin? Just joined this forum
i bought an Acer laptop with 250gb hdd and 3 gb RAM with windows Vista home premium.
Its also got intel G965 chipset(X3100 onboard GMA)....
i bought EL Matador on a whim that it would work but it does not.
Earlier it was not even initializing,then i installed latest graphics driver downloaded from intel site and then it start but when you try to start the game or when you start a tutorial it gives me this weird error which is not documented at all
Typhoon2/matador/MatadorGame.cpp
with a stack trace.
I saw in some sites that El Matador will work on G965 chipsets..
Can somebody tell me why this is hapening whether it will not work on my machine or if there is some other installation required
so please please somebody help me.....
You can try to use the patch 1.1. which can be found here: http://www.elmatador.net/index.php?d...page=downloads

If this doesn't help, send e-mail to our support team (support@1cpublishing.eu) with detailed description of the problem and your system configuration.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:39 AM

Hey Nike -it thnks for reply'in man.
i really got frustrated as there were no leads on this issue,
i did download the patch 1.1 there were two files in it a pc_monitor .exe and a system monitor file

When double clicking the installation rar file it says no prior installations od EL matador were found and to install El matador first.

When i pasted both the files on top of the existing files in the installed location There seems to be no difference to the problem
Typhoon2/matador/MatadorGame.cpp error
Call stack:
(0): kernel32.dll at ...

Any other work arounds for this???
If still no solutions i guess i might as well mail the support team, but are you sure it will run on a Win Vista machine with intel G965 chipset(X3100 onboard GMA)?