1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon

Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-12-2010, 01:57 AM
atlatea atlatea is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 128
Default

Yeah orc is much better in CW.

Though i guess that if you have knight set and you can charge to your enemy with maximum distance, horsemen will do much more damage than orc veteran. I don't know for sure though.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Elwin Elwin is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,124
Default

its 30% probasbly u have some other things increasing crit chance ( wasnt one of medals doing it?). I remember having 2 those dresses .. With some other items i reached 100% crit archmages ... changed them from shield supporter to powerfull DPS ranged unit, they really hit hard ;p.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-12-2010, 12:32 PM
BB Shockwave BB Shockwave is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
its 30% probasbly u have some other things increasing crit chance ( wasnt one of medals doing it?). I remember having 2 those dresses .. With some other items i reached 100% crit archmages ... changed them from shield supporter to powerfull DPS ranged unit, they really hit hard ;p.
I have a medal, yes, but it still doesn't add up. Oh well...

I am thinking on modding the game a bit, btw - frankly, the 20 Runes needed for Rune Mages are too high of a price. Some skills in this game are a must (like Level III. Order and Distortion), and I cannot afford not to get them. So even though I am around level 24, I don't have many excess runes to boost my Rune Mages, who are not that spectacular without this. I am thinking of reducing the runes needed to 10 which is what I think Katauri did in the russian patch as well.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-12-2010, 02:24 PM
ckdamascus ckdamascus is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
its 30% probasbly u have some other things increasing crit chance ( wasnt one of medals doing it?). I remember having 2 those dresses .. With some other items i reached 100% crit archmages ... changed them from shield supporter to powerfull DPS ranged unit, they really hit hard ;p.
I did the math on it before, and it seemed that even with 100% critical, they were only "meh". About 0.06 damage per leadership?

If they were to increase the shock chance up, that's a different story!

I suppose they do have the advantage that there is no range penalty though.

@BBShockwave
Sounds like you got a +2 morale bonus, which gives 30% bonus. Although odds are, you probably only have 20% bonus, since the medal counts towards the base and there is the natural base. e.g. all the base criticals are multiplied by the morael bonus.

30% * (1 + 30%) = 39%.

14+39 = 53%.

Raising the base critical hit rate works VERY well with morale. It is also another reason why orcs are soooo deadly. Kill a SINGLE unit, and you get max morale. (total 40% bonus to base critical).

@atlatea
Hard to say. Horsemen seem to do more damage on the initial hit, but I don't know how counter-counter attack in fine details. I would say that orc veterans probably do more damage.

with 44,000 leadership, not counting criticals
orc veterans - 8,507 damage
horsemen - 7,692 damage

But, if the horsemen charge, they will do 50% more damage!

I think counter-counter-attack does at least 50% damage too though, possibly more.

If the orcs have enough adrenaline, they gain a +5 attack, which raises their damage up to 9,266.

Last edited by ckdamascus; 12-12-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Nihilius Nihilius is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucazaurus View Post
If you really want some fun and you don't care for a little file modification,then simply replace Moro Dark's "regalia,belt slot" with an "artefact,regalia slot" in - companion.txt file.


where is the file?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-18-2010, 12:01 AM
atlatea atlatea is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:
@atlatea
Hard to say. Horsemen seem to do more damage on the initial hit, but I don't know how counter-counter attack in fine details. I would say that orc veterans probably do more damage.

with 44,000 leadership, not counting criticals
orc veterans - 8,507 damage
horsemen - 7,692 damage

But, if the horsemen charge, they will do 50% more damage!

I think counter-counter-attack does at least 50% damage too though, possibly more.

If the orcs have enough adrenaline, they gain a +5 attack, which raises their damage up to 9,266.
Well, i mean that horsemen charge from max distance, so it's 70% damage.

Probably the orc will outdamage it in the long run. But horsemen seems fit for army that prefer lightning fast strike that can quickly criple enemy army.

It has 7 initiative, i say that 7 is no joke.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-23-2010, 02:34 PM
ckdamascus ckdamascus is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlatea View Post
Well, i mean that horsemen charge from max distance, so it's 70% damage.

Probably the orc will outdamage it in the long run. But horsemen seems fit for army that prefer lightning fast strike that can quickly criple enemy army.

It has 7 initiative, i say that 7 is no joke.
How do you figure 70%? I guess you mean with Haste? I thought the horsemen's speed is 5.

But, orcs counter-attack a counter in the first hit, plus they can use Potion of Rage (for +2 speed). In a weird way, orcs are just as fast (with moldok) and will do more damage than a Horseman!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-23-2010, 06:40 PM
bucazaurus's Avatar
bucazaurus bucazaurus is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilius View Post
where is the file?
From main folder go : sessions\orcs\orcs.kfs

or
Unzip the already modded file from attachment to session\orcs\mods .

But if you want to play fair , by not using any modded files , play with a mage ,
since she has enough atrefact slots .
Attached Files
File Type: zip companion.zip (2.9 KB, 11 views)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-24-2010, 11:12 AM
atlatea atlatea is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:
How do you figure 70%? I guess you mean with Haste? I thought the horsemen's speed is 5.

But, orcs counter-attack a counter in the first hit, plus they can use Potion of Rage (for +2 speed). In a weird way, orcs are just as fast (with moldok) and will do more damage than a Horseman!
Either with haste or artifact, yes.

Problem is, when you use potion of rage, there is no counter counter attack.

Making first initial dmg goes to horsemen as the winner.

Another problem is to become as fast as horsemen, orc need more setup, which means less flexibility.

And if i'm not mistaken moldok cannot use both scale set and slippery cuirass (which means +30% phys resistance). Or scale set + ghost armor (+20% phys. and astral resistance).
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-27-2010, 12:09 AM
BB Shockwave BB Shockwave is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
@BBShockwave
Sounds like you got a +2 morale bonus, which gives 30% bonus. Although odds are, you probably only have 20% bonus, since the medal counts towards the base and there is the natural base. e.g. all the base criticals are multiplied by the morael bonus.

30% * (1 + 30%) = 39%.

14+39 = 53%.

Raising the base critical hit rate works VERY well with morale. It is also another reason why orcs are soooo deadly. Kill a SINGLE unit, and you get max morale. (total 40% bonus to base critical).
Ah, thanks, did not know that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:27 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.