1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 06-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

Curiosity is the mother of invention my friend...

Some more testing has revealed that the regiment is linked to how the spawnpoints (called "birth place" internally) are configured. If I set up a spawnpoint and assign it to the "Fat Cat Squadron" the "Regiment.name()" becomes "BoB_RAF_F_FatCat_Early" but if I spawn in from a spawn point I've configured for the "64th Sqn" the Regiment name is "BoB_RAF_F_64Sqn_Early". Then, if I don't configure the spawn point for a squadron (leave it at "<Any>") the Regiment name is set to "BoB_RAF_F_FatCat_Early". Seems the "Fat Cats" squadron is the default in this sim.

All this tells me that spawnpoints make up groups, not what squadron we belong to. Now, I know very little on how to build missions so please step in and tell me if there is a way to configure them in other ways. For example, I have no idea how to use the last tab - "Aircrafts" - in the spawnpoint property window.

In all my testing the callsign was always "Callsign0" but we'll see how all this looks when more players spawn in.

A related question for Kodiak (or anyone who cares to enlighten us): When I selected to create 3 airplanes the other two became AI's. I assume this is how to create groups, right? But how can players spawn in to that group if the server spawns AI's into those slots?
Old 06-22-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggel View Post
For example, I have no idea how to use the last tab - "Aircrafts" - in the spawnpoint property window.
On the left side are the planes available at this spawnpoint, so i first delete all and then add the planes i want at this point.

Quote:
A related question for Kodiak (or anyone who cares to enlighten us): When I selected to create 3 airplanes the other two became AI's. I assume this is how to create groups, right?
Yes
Quote:
But how can players spawn in to that group if the server spawns AI's into those slots?
As i mentioned earlier its more a GUI problem. If Icons on you can zoom in and then select one of the created planes. If Icons off you can zoom in and if you move your cursor you will see that it sometimes highlighted, so you are over one of the created planes and you can select it You could use the List on the right side, if this wpf unavailable bug is fixed and the devs maybe create a filter, so not all planes are listed. If external views are allowed you can select one of the planes and then press ALT+F1.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggel View Post
Some more testing has revealed that the regiment is linked to how the spawnpoints (called "birth place" internally) are configured. If I set up a spawnpoint and assign it to the "Fat Cat Squadron" the "Regiment.name()" becomes "BoB_RAF_F_FatCat_Early" but if I spawn in from a spawn point I've configured for the "64th Sqn" the Regiment name is "BoB_RAF_F_64Sqn_Early". Then, if I don't configure the spawn point for a squadron (leave it at "<Any>") the Regiment name is set to "BoB_RAF_F_FatCat_Early". Seems the "Fat Cats" squadron is the default in this sim.

All this tells me that spawnpoints make up groups, not what squadron we belong to.
Interesting. What happens if you have a spawn set to 'Any' and you select 64sqn and spawn in, does it then still group you in "BoB_RAF_F_FatCat_Early"?? If so it's a bug, if not you have a way of grouping by regiment.name (if you choose that method)
Old 06-25-2012, 06:12 PM

I've tried it by myself -> no problem i select 64Sqn early and get this, so moggel seems to make a mistake
Code:
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "GroupName: {0}", new object[]{(actor as AiAircraft).AirGroup().Name()});
gives
GroupName: 1:BoB_RAF_F_64Sqn_Early.01
Code:
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "RegimentName: {0}", new object[] { (actor as AiAircraft).Regiment().name()});
gives
RegimentName: BoB_RAF_F_64Sqn_Early
Old 06-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG28_Kodiak View Post
I've tried it by myself -> no problem i select 64Sqn early and get this, so moggel seems to make a mistake
Code:
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "GroupName: {0}", new object[]{(actor as AiAircraft).AirGroup().Name()});
gives
GroupName: 1:BoB_RAF_F_64Sqn_Early.01
Code:
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "RegimentName: {0}", new object[] { (actor as AiAircraft).Regiment().name()});
gives
RegimentName: BoB_RAF_F_64Sqn_Early
Hehe, well...
I was a bit unclear it seems. What I tried to explain to Osprey (who is my "project manager" and "customer" for the "Fighter Command" project ) is that the spawn point governs the "Regiment". If you configure the spawn point to a certain squadron that's what the regiment will be. If you don't configure it (leave it at "<Any>") you can select a "Regiment" yourself.

This whole discussion came from a desire to have the actual virtual squadron reflected by the "Regiment" property but that, as far as I've seen, cannot be done. Could you confirm I've got this right Kodiak or am I still far out there in the fog?
Old 06-27-2012, 10:03 AM

Yes i confirm this. .