1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:00 AM

I'm currently playing mage/impossible at level 35.
I've found that getting the free emerald dragon early makes a whole lot of difference. I am such a fan of dragons, I got lucky and found 4 black ones at rusty anchor and 3 red ones at verona. If you play carefully it's quite easy to get no loss victories. My current setup is: Black dragons, red dragons, paladins, rune mages, demonologists. I try to do as much damage with my dragons as I can while getting as little damage in return (wait command, abilities, fear/slow, damaging strong stacks by attacking the weaker adjacent one). I use lvl 3 heal alot on my reds but I need to be extra careful with the black ones though, but they can be healed and even resurrected by the rune mages, don't know if any other ability can heal black dragons (maybe shamans?).
Currently this setup is owning the battlefield.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

Dragons have since begining of KB been sick units, and in CW with proper items thay are even more ridiculous (ancient ring , hearth of dragon, draconix, and voice of dragon skill 3rd lvl).
But my question here is this : Why paladins ??? Rune mage i get for resurecting, demonologist for meat shields (both this units are great for mage hero with archmage skill), but paladins cant second wind dragons, or resurrect them, so i wonde how do they help in battles ? Low speed, to high lds requirement for mage to stack them up...
Better bring Emerald dragons instead if you have some of items i mentioned. They are great for building trap medal, and generating huge amounts of mana with their skill.
As for healing black dragons use gizmo spell, it owrks on them, but it`s uncontrolable Best chanse to heal them, is to cast gizmo on free arena lsot next to them instead enemy unit.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:52 PM

Hi all, I've just recently started playing the Orcs on the March campaign, which is also my first time going through KB:AP. So far it's quite a bit harder than KB:TL, though maybe I need to get used to it. A lot of enemy stacks are rated "lethal" or "invincible", and even with the weaker ones I need to be very careful to get through with minimal losses - and this is on Normal difficulty. What is it with these European development studios and making ultra-hard games?

A couple of things I've noticed - is it me or are orcs stupidly overpowered now? Every single orc unit has like 2-3 special abilities that are just devastating. Was this done on purpose?

Also, everyone seems to be raving about mages, I guess they're the most powerful class? I chose paladin and I think I ended up a weak jack-of-all-trades.

Another thing I noticed browsing these forums is that there are a few "cheap" strategies and overpowered units that will get you through the game, while playing in a "conventional" way (aka, the way a normal player would) is much harder. To me, this is a sign of poor design, but maybe I'm wrong?
Old 10-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

@slashCo
1) On normal diff enemy shouldnt be so much stronger then your army (playing paladin class you have enough runes for glory, and try to play at least enough no loss battles to get medal (+1000lds). It`s not that european studios make hard games, it`s american studios made your players soft

2) Yea orcs are a bit op in OotM, and their abilities are good if you have much adrenaline. So if you want to use them warrior would be better choice, because orcs need much adrenaline to be useful. Enemy orcs stacks are problematic since they start every battle with lots adrenalin and you must build it from first round

3) Mage is strong but not strongest hero. Every class have it`s perks, and for your paladin i get you dont care about losses in game, so you pick good. Try using some demon/executioner (unlimited retaliation) as meat shield/rage generator because paladin resurrection skill will get them back after battle.

4) About as you call it cheap play throughs for no loss game etc. it`s not that common as you`ll think. Yes there are quite a bit of them, but they all become boring after some time (imagine playing all game 300+ battles with same units/moves/spells/rage . . .).
I maybe speak for myself but those strategies are interesting to get to, be first to figure out new way to use some tactic in game and share with rest of forum (just check thread `droids are NOT overpowered` by impy for example) not to play all game till your eyes bleed so you can have some sick highscore. Because here multiplayer doesnt exist, so only way to compare with others is sharing your ideas, which got us to some great strategies/mods/unit builds. So i think it`s not poor design, but open options for trying out every combination you can think off in game and normal play through is enough to familiarize yourself with game mechanic unit/item/skill possibilities . . .
So try out different builds and maybe think of something new

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 10-21-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the answers. I've already cleared out the first few islands and now I'm working my way through Verona (though staying away from the level 40 heroes for now, heh heh.) Recently got Resurrection (both skill and spell) which is making things somewhat easier. Currently using paladins, royal griffins, rune mages and inquisitors - not sure what to put in 5th slot, I used to have bowmen but they die too quickly since every enemy loves to target them. Maybe Cyclops? I wanted to have veteran orcs for my main tank, but I've only found about 10 of them for hire so far.

The only thing still pissing me off are the overpowered orcs. They gave them too many powerful abilities, IMO. Is there a spell/item/creature that lowers their adrenaline or something?
Old 10-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

You can take horseman instead veterans, theyll make nice human set for high morale with royal griffins, and have great lds/dmg ratio, also great starting ressistances (cast stone skin on them, and have fun Also if you find later try some mix human+elf humanoid units, they should have bonus moral from eachother.
For tanking demonologist is great (his summons), if you manage to find enough to lead.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
But my question here is this : Why paladins ??? Rune mage i get for resurecting, demonologist for meat shields (both this units are great for mage hero with archmage skill), but paladins cant second wind dragons, or resurrect them, so i wonde how do they help in battles ? Low speed, to high lds requirement for mage to stack them up...
I replaced my emerald dragon for paladins because I couldn't find anymore for sale but I found out that second wind works great on demonologist because it advances their summoning recharge counter by one. Also having a tank unit that can be resurrected with the resurrect spell is pretty good.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Approved Member

You dont need to buy any units after finding sacrifice spell. I odnt reember who figured it out, so i dont take credit for myself but this is on forum somewhere :
cast sacrifice on some you your units to get other stack biger, then resurect first stack with rune mages/turn back time on them. Be carefull about your leadership , not to get to much new units in stack you want to boost. Even 1 lvl sacrifice is usefull, but you must know you need enough dmg to get at elast 1 whole unit (870 hp for EGD). Having high astral resisstance will help resurecting, in way that you make lowered dmg you your units with sacrifice (astral type dmg), but still full resurecting count as you did 100% dmg with spell. I hope you get what i`m saying. Try it out in game you`ll figrue out how it works. So drop those paladins and go dragon army
Old 10-25-2011, 02:18 PM

Why did I say I was level 35 !? When I was only like lvl 15, oh well. I found more emerald dragons, Elon <3

Ran out on demonologists so replaced them with inquisitors
Old 10-30-2011, 07:51 AM

They should add an extra difficulty level between Easy and Normal... I found Normal too difficult so I restarted on Easy and now every enemy is a pushover and nothing is a challenge... better balancing might have helped.