1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 02-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra'Kaan View Post
I am in favor for keeping the frame on the minimap - to me the frame adds to realism.

- A better option would be a frame on/off toggle.

I'm a guy who prefers the IL-2 map to be a simulated piece of paper.
+1
Quote:
Another wish for the minimap for me is to able to drag it off the primary monitor to one of my side monitors on a triple-head setup kinda like jamming it into the cockpit somewhere. =P
I also have a two screen environment. I like to vote for the possibility to move the map as well as the toolboxes of the FMB to the second screen and eventually expand them to full size.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra'Kaan View Post
I am in favor for keeping the frame on the minimap - to me the frame adds to realism.

- A better option would be a frame on/off toggle.

I'm a guy who prefers the IL-2 map to be a simulated piece of paper.

Another wish for the minimap for me is to able to drag it off the primary monitor to one of my side monitors on a triple-head setup kinda like jamming it into the cockpit somewhere. =P
I think a viable third option would be to size down the border on the map to something more reasonable. It is unnecessarily thick IMHO.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
I think a viable third option would be to size down the border on the map to something more reasonable. It is unnecessarily thick IMHO.
I tried a few google searches to find some reference pictures on the styles of map cases used but the best I could find so far was on e-bay.

Soviet Pilot map case

I'm guessing there were many styles used. If anyone has some good references I'd be kinda curious to see.

lol talk about IL-2 minutiae =)

But hey, were just "talking" right ?!

What really strikes me about this topic is that silly map case was one of the things that really struck me as cool when I first started playing IL-2 for some strange odd reason. LOL

Like it was a WOW!! factor for hyper-detail realism that I still think is very cool.

But I'm all for player options as well!

And by the way, minimap mouse wheel scrolling in 4.11 is totally FTW !!

Last edited by Ra'Kaan; 02-13-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

Great photo! I love it!

Yes I agree that the map itself was a nice touch and I think at the time it was not too bad but it just looks fuzzy and stretched out on a big monitor. Something with less of a border (but still looking a bit like the one in that photo) might work. I wish I had the Photoshop skills to put something like that together.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:39 AM
Approved Member

How many wishes do we get?

after 10 years practice, I still have not mastered hitting the radiator key the correct amount of times to open or close, and have to go through the cycle several times to get where I want. I'm not sure I'll be any better at it with another 10 yrs practice. Would it be possible to have a radiator close button? That would be mint.

+1 on new maps textures if possible. It seems to me that would have the greatest impact on the overall look of the sim. Hope something could be worked out with some of the very impressive mod textures out there now.

for my last wish, I want 100 more wishes
Old 02-14-2012, 05:27 AM
Approved Member

Not everyone uses mods so I figured I would post some screenshots. It looks like what the modders did was remove the frame and slightly increase the overall size of the map.

Personally, the difference doesn't seem to be that much and the stock map has never bothered me one bit.

However, if time and effort WERE put into changing the map, I think something real useful should be done. Something like making the size of the map customizable by the user...similar to the new feature we have now for the File Save/Load dialog box in the FMB.

So then we would have a map sized to each player's needs and also be able to move and place the map anywhere on the screen (a feature we already have now).

*Another cool idea would be to have a custom key command that would bring up an enlarged view of the map, possibly covering the entire screen. This would simulate the pilot taking his map and bringing it up to his face to look at it. This map would have a default view that was zoomed out so you could instantly get a 'big picture' of the area, similar to what a real pilot would see on his own map.

Aviar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stock Map.jpg (269.6 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Modded Map.jpg (289.1 KB, 51 views)
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1

Last edited by Aviar; 02-14-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:18 AM

Just drop the thought. We are not going to touch anything remotely NG-related with a ten-meter-pike.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterace View Post
Is like millions of dollars that NG wants for licensing?
According to an unverified source 1C paid something like quarter million for all NG products, included into the PF release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittle View Post
There are enough of us here, perhaps a fund raiser is in order?
I wonder, if that fund riser would be as successful, as this:

http://www.destructoid.com/double-fi...s-221395.phtml

Seriously, though, DT is not in the position to negotiate anything with NG. That should be done by 1C and Ubi, but I doubt, they would want to move a finger for good old IL-2...
Old 02-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Approved Member

Let's get this straight. Northrop Grumman have made it clear that 1C will have to pay a ridiculous sum of money for the privilege of illustrating the role of Grumman in WWII, and people here are suggesting that we should pay them? Yeah. Like there is nothing better we could do with the money...

Actually, with the sort of money they are demanding, we could probably fund an advertising campaign to point out how they are exploiting a past history funded via taxation to rake in profit, and how they'd rather hang on to their 'intellectual rights' than allow anyone to learn about the realities of WWII, even if only indirectly. In any case, there are plenty of things that IL-2 needs that don't involve paying off sharks - if their shareholders think that writing NG out of history is a sensible policy, let them...
Head tracking: TrackIR 5. Sore neck: See previous.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

I've merged the 4.12 wish list threads it makes no sense fragmenting the requests

So have a careful look for your previous posts before thinking they've been deleted.

Thanks.