1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaunt1 View Post
C4 is slightly superior to Pe-3bis. D1, E2, and even G2 are no match at all. F-2 may be equal, or just slightly inferior, needs testing.
Well, I'd prefer F2 at low alt and G2 at high. But I agree, the testing is required.

So far, I can win at both sides, against ace AI, one on one, using E2, F2, G2 vs Pe-3/3bis. AI G2 is the most difficult for me due to speed advantage at higher alt. AI Pe-3bis is the most difficult for me when I fly C and E variants of Bf 110.

Need to try 2 vs 2. Should be interesting.
I have lost once against Bf 110E2 at low level in multiplayer. Was too overconfident and decided to play turn game instead of climbing. The opponent was good and punished me after several minutes of intensive fight.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:30 PM
Approved Member

Slightly off-topic I know, but since we're talking challenges I'm curious what difficulty rating you aces would give to the stock Single Mission "Pearl Harbor Defense 2", flying the P-40B in v4.13.4. (rating 1 as easiest, 10 as hardest)

And can any of you take down any bombers before they reach their targets?
Old 01-15-2018, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
Slightly off-topic I know, but since we're talking challenges I'm curious what difficulty rating you aces would give to the stock Single Mission "Pearl Harbor Defense 2", flying the P-40B in v4.13.4. (rating 1 as easiest, 10 as hardest)

And can any of you take down any bombers before they reach their targets?
Thanks for recommendation. I never tried this mission before. It is fun. Reminds me some "real life" experience in multiplayer with eager vulchers camping over your airfield.
I'd rate this one as 10 when your try it first. Then, once you understand AI behaviour, it's easier...7 probably? Did not manage to take down any bomber before they reach our airfield. Yet. We'll see...
Old 01-15-2018, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

Back to Pe-3bis vs Bf 110. Just tried 2 vs 2. Only 110 F2 so far.
Start at 3000 m, avoiding head on attack.
Wingman is veteran. Fuel 50% for both sides.

Not too difficult with veteran AI, but more interesting against ace AI. They fly smarter and their gunners are very good. Still, AI of both types demonstrate the same tendency: after two or three passes they dive and continue dogfight close to deck. Mostly turning fights, so they become predictable.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlee View Post
Thanks for recommendation. I never tried this mission before. It is fun. Reminds me some "real life" experience in multiplayer with eager vulchers camping over your airfield.
I'd rate this one as 10 when your try it first. Then, once you understand AI behaviour, it's easier...7 probably? Did not manage to take down any bomber before they reach our airfield. Yet. We'll see...
Thanks dimlee.

Note the bombers aren't actually targeting Bellows airfield though. They're targeting around Pearl Harbor, so my challenge was to get them before they drop their bombs there. This of course still means escaping the clutches of the "eager vulchers" rather quickly!

And of course if you chase the bombers you'll still be credited with defending Bellows because the actual mission victory parameters are all screwed up anyway!