1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:35 AM
Approved Member

Default Why did you mess up the lighting ?

Why?

This was one of the two best things in the game. I loved the natural colors of the sunset and sun rise.

Why did you throw that pink all over everything? I just don't understand.
Twh things in this game were perfect. The cockpits and the sun set colors.
Was it because of the complains about the landscape colors? If so, why didn't you adjust the colors of those landscape textures instead of throwing a bucket of pink over everything?

It looks so bloody cheap. Like some cheap console game that just paints the sky pink and calls it sunset.
It was perfect. Why ruin something perfect?
Fix the textures of the landscape don't ruin one of the very few excelent features of the game.

This is pissing me off.
I finally got all the parts in and put my computer togheter and when I install the game, for the first time after the new "fix", what do I find? A messy pink hue over everything that totally ruined the beautiful natural orange sunsets. This is very poor job guys.

I like this game, but looks like you are just trying to kill all the interest people have in it.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Ali Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2002 View Post
I finally got all the parts in and put my computer togheter and when I install the game, for the first time after the new "fix", what do I find? A messy pink hue over everything that totally ruined the beautiful natural orange sunsets.(
Funny you should say that. i had the same problem recently.

have you checked your monitor colour settings and graphics card colouring settings. btw its a fact that theres not as much red balance with the new lighting applied in v14550

Last edited by Ali Fish; 05-26-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Fish View Post
Funny you should say that. i had the same problem recently.

have you checked your monitor colour settings and graphics card colouring settings. btw its a fact that theres not as much red balance with the new lighting applied in v14550
I recalibrated the monitor again and it made little difference.

Everything is just pink. The game lost that natural look.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

i found the previous lightening also more convincing than the new one.in my opinion there is too less light on midday and the sunset looks two pink now.
dont know why they messed up the one thing that was perfect in my view.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:43 PM

nice step forward making pink skies, more art and less everyday stuff

plz dont get mad with me i like pink purple skies

so im gald the y made it pink, now if the could add it some electric blue and purple

edit:

also plz make nicer stars from up in clean air you can clearly see the milky way

edit:

i past the last 10 years studying nautics

the only and exclusive reason why i did this was seeing nice stars while sailing

best place to see stars from the dark sea

i feel a bit disapointed with those just spots in the sky

Last edited by raaaid; 06-07-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Approved Member

OMG! he's at it again.. (jankers.. permanently).
Old 06-07-2011, 01:20 PM

yeah sorry gone a little ot with that videoclip though it was on pink skyes, deleted

but well would you call this unrealistic?

Last edited by raaaid; 06-07-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Why?

This was one of the two best things in the game. I loved the natural colors of the sunset and sun rise.

Was it because of the complains about the landscape colors? If so, why didn't you adjust the colors of those landscape textures instead of throwing a bucket of pink over everything?

It looks so bloody cheap. Like some cheap console game that just paints the sky pink and calls it sunset.
Fix the textures of the landscape don't ruin one of the very few excelent features of the game.

This is pissing me off.
I finally got all the parts in and put my computer togheter and when I install the game, for the first time after the new "fix", what do I find? A messy pink hue over everything that totally ruined the beautiful natural orange sunsets. This is very poor job guys.

I like this game, but looks like you are just trying to kill all the interest people have in it.

Completely agree.
And all for that people claiming for the unrealistic WOP color. Go play consoles!
Damn.

Return the good lighting please!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Ali Fish

Interesting.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Formula88

Quote:
Why?

This is pissing me off.

Seriously? This is one of the last things anyone should care about in a combat sim; the color of the sunset. Yeah so what, it isnt perfect but wouldnt you rather have working crossfire support and anti-aliasing as opposed to a pretty sunset? I mean come on, more planes or a better campaign or the sound issues. The lighting is fine until all other issues are ironed out.

I edited your posting as a reminder... vulgarity and profanity in postings will get you banned.

Last edited by nearmiss; 05-26-2011 at 05:21 AM.