1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR videos

RNR videos RNR videos and related discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Ubaku Ubaku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 249
Default

Awesome!!!! Finally gameplay!!! It looks great. No different from PTTM, well better of course. Looks like a truck sim. You deliver loads. Racing is optional. The natural scenery is beautiful.

The crashes are better than in this video. Remember those screenshots on rignroll.com where you can see bent bumpers, doors falling off, and etc. Remember there is a realism mode. You get to choose how much realism you want in the options.

I really liked when the trucker suddenly offered him to deliver his load. That was a surprise. I am sure there are many surprises in this game that we don't know about yet. The animated script videos are well made, like in GTA.

The handling, well notice something. In one part the driver tries to stop, but the truck keeps going forward due to inertia. That is realistic. And yes no crap that when he goes 75 mph and makes sudden turns like that the truck will spin around like crazy. Try it in real life. Or actually don't

The only thing is, from all we seen it seems that we won't be able to attach the trailer ourselves by backing up. That was always a challenge as it is in real life. That sucks, I always liked that in PTTM and etc. It was challenging.

Anyway more videos like these!!! In November 2009 I will buy the Russian version and make like 100 videos like these for you guys, while you wait for January 2010.

Last edited by Ubaku; 07-04-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Whiskey Whiskey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Spain, Asturias
Posts: 113
Default

in minute 2:19 you can clearly see text in russian. There are such a idiot bugs after months of "testing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubaku View Post
The crashes are better than in this video. Remember those screenshots on rignroll.com where you can see bent bumpers, doors falling off, and etc. Remember there is a realism mode. You get to choose how much realism you want in the options.
Thats make sense, but in minute 3:48 a police car is damaged only after several crashes. A bit weir, isn't it?


Except those two points, I love everything I saw in the video
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Freak Of Nature's Avatar
Freak Of Nature Freak Of Nature is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
in minute 2:19 you can clearly see text in russian. There are such a idiot bugs after months of "testing".



Thats make sense, but in minute 3:48 a police car is damaged only after several crashes. A bit weir, isn't it?


Except those two points, I love everything I saw in the video
Maybe they were testing russian version first, and now they are fixing errors ir english one maybe that's why english version will be released two months after russian version

Last edited by Freak Of Nature; 07-06-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Benedettini Benedettini is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature View Post
Maybe they were testing russiand version first, and now theyare fixing erros ir english one maybe that's why english version will be released two months after russian version
Are they tooooo slow then? Or tooooooooo much bugs
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 PM
obsolum obsolum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 160
Default

Drive with the cockpit view you fuckin' noob!

Impressions from the video:
- physics don't seem all that acurate
- crashes are laughable
- instant repair while you're on the road? Are you ******* kidding me? I thought this was a sim?! I don't even think SCS games have this, you have to reach a service shop at least if you want to repair your truck.
- you don't have to align your truck and attach trailers yourself. Again, I thought this was a SIM?

I sure hope that there really is a "realism" option where you can set everything to as realistic as possible because from this video it sure as hell doesn't look like a trucking sim. At all. It looks like an average arcade trucking game. And that would be a damn shame.

Last edited by obsolum; 07-09-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Azabache Azabache is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Drive with the cockpit view you fuckin' noob!
He could....

I noticed when the guy goes to road service there is a towing fee. When he clicks on "pay", the truck still at the same location
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Azabache Azabache is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azabache View Post
He could....

I noticed when the guy goes to road service there is a towing fee. When he clicks on "pay", the truck still at the same location

What am I saying, sorry
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-10-2009, 01:30 AM
digit digit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Australia
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post
Drive with the cockpit view you fuckin' noob!

Impressions from the video:
- physics don't seem all that acurate
- crashes are laughable
- instant repair while you're on the road? Are you ******* kidding me? I thought this was a sim?! I don't even think SCS games have this, you have to reach a service shop at least if you want to repair your truck.
- you don't have to align your truck and attach trailers yourself. Again, I thought this was a SIM?

I sure hope that there really is a "realism" option where you can set everything to as realistic as possible because from this video it sure as hell doesn't look like a trucking sim. At all. It looks like an average arcade trucking game. And that would be a damn shame.
SCS does have a instant repair feature. This acts like a on road repair service where a vehicle drives to you and repair your vehicle but it isn't a good feature. The game should at least advance time as if you had to wait for someone to come an fix your truck.

It does look like an arcade game and I hope that interviewer was sacked because that was the worst game trailer I've ever seen from GT. It didn't show the game at its full potential and he seemed to have NFI about the game or trucking. The game will be quite real, you just need to know how to drive a truck. There will be many features you will not have know were in the game when you come to playing it.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-10-2009, 02:28 PM
trucknisse trucknisse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit View Post
SCS does have a instant repair feature. This acts like a on road repair service where a vehicle drives to you and repair your vehicle but it isn't a good feature. The game should at least advance time as if you had to wait for someone to come an fix your truck.
Yeah, I was kind of pissed by that too. Having a repair vehicle coming to repair to your truck would be ok, but then I would like to see this vehicle when it arrives, and be forced to wait for it awhile. They said something about an arcade mode, so I really hope the guy was using it for the demo.


Quote:
Originally Posted by digit View Post
It does look like an arcade game and I hope that interviewer was sacked because that was the worst game trailer I've ever seen from GT. It didn't show the game at its full potential and he seemed to have NFI about the game or trucking. The game will be quite real, you just need to know how to drive a truck. There will be many features you will not have know were in the game when you come to playing it.
Yeah, a really bad ad hoc trailer. But please give me more!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Qwx Qwx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Posts: 71
Default

You guys obviously haven't played "King of the Road" (Hard Truck 2)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:57 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.