1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Anton Yudintsev Anton Yudintsev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 466
Default

I'll start answer questions end of next week.
But no, there won't be public editor for BoP. Consoles adds certain limits, and making console-proof editor is hard work.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-11-2009, 04:44 AM
xNikex xNikex is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Attacking from the sun
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
I'll start answer questions end of next week.
But no, there won't be public editor for BoP. Consoles adds certain limits, and making console-proof editor is hard work.
Well thats ok, COOP can make up for that.

Last edited by xNikex; 04-12-2009 at 01:12 AM. Reason: okay, nvm i just read the thread stating no COOP.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Tomo Tomo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
Well thats ok, COOP can make up for that.
I understood there was no COOP mode Nike?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-11-2009, 01:20 PM
jt_medina jt_medina is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I understood there was no COOP mode Nike?
No editor, no coop. Too much limited in my opinion. A few weeks lifespan for BOP.
You can play scripted missions but, what else after that?.

I can be repetitive but the long lifetime of the original IL2 was precisely thanks to its editor, online modes and coop.
Sorry for the critics but I see it very limited. Graphically this BOP is simply amazing but your team should work harder on multiplayer playability and some ultra simplified multiplayer mission editor.
Something like by selecting your takeoff airfield and adding in random targets on the map according with the type of mission that the player has chosen to play on. It could be something like the quick mission editor on IL2 but adding a map to select targets on it.

Anton please, don´t bother with my critics. I want with my comments just to see this BOP as a greater product.

Last edited by jt_medina; 04-11-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Stanrosquain Stanrosquain is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Paris => France
Posts: 81
Default

Il-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey will be the best game of console on air that there had ever been, with or without coop and public editor
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-11-2009, 02:45 PM
jt_medina jt_medina is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanrosquain View Post
Il-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey will be the best game of console on air that there had ever been, with or without coop and public editor
Yes, I do agree completely with you that it will be the best. But, for how long can you play over and over the same missions even if they are made for multiplayer?.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-11-2009, 02:47 PM
xNikex xNikex is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Attacking from the sun
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I understood there was no COOP mode Nike?
Oh, I thought I remember reading something about it. I could be wrong though. Maybe he said it would be in sequel or something... Oh, well, thats ok.

But there is a mission editor. It's not IL2 without an editor.

Last edited by xNikex; 04-11-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-11-2009, 05:46 PM
GabeFan GabeFan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 162
Default

Just curious... I've never played the PC version of IL-2, so what exactly were you able to do with the PC mission editor?

I'm guessing you could choose a plane to fly, type of mission (dogfight, escort, bombing), number of enemies, target (airfield, bridge, factory, etc...). Basically build your own mission?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-11-2009, 06:40 PM
jt_medina jt_medina is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeFan View Post
Just curious... I've never played the PC version of IL-2, so what exactly were you able to do with the PC mission editor?

I'm guessing you could choose a plane to fly, type of mission (dogfight, escort, bombing), number of enemies, target (airfield, bridge, factory, etc...). Basically build your own mission?
You can make any kind of mission that you wanted to make. I mean anything.
Only people who have flown the original IL2 can understand how great the mission editor is.
If a mission editor was made on BOP you could have endless playability by making new missions yourself.
And there are some tools out there to make simpler missions in a few clicks so it is a matter of willingness or deadlines not a technical difficulty.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-11-2009, 09:47 PM
xNikex xNikex is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Attacking from the sun
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt_medina View Post
You can make any kind of mission that you wanted to make. I mean anything.
Only people who have flown the original IL2 can understand how great the mission editor is.
If a mission editor was made on BOP you could have endless playability by making new missions yourself.
And there are some tools out there to make simpler missions in a few clicks so it is a matter of willingness or deadlines not a technical difficulty.
I remember racing maps.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.