1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 03-16-2013, 09:21 AM

I cant get this to work.

I have tried putting both files in same directory as the launcher and adding to exceptions list in Avira.

When i click on either Cloder file I get a little black box flash up (dos) and then disapear, then nothing. Within steam I get something about vd redist

Is there anyone that could help me.

I have been away from sims and gaming for a while and really want to play cliffs of dover.

Thank you,

Martin
Old 03-18-2013, 07:25 PM

Anyone. Please help!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:02 PM

Try to Start the Cloder File as admin, or set "run as admin" in the file settings. Hope that will help (as it does for me )
Old 04-04-2013, 05:37 PM

hi sky0 can you add a version of your patch whitout the virus? plz you are my only solution!

ty!!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:20 AM

Default Hot Diggity

Well now. The fix works.

Unbelievable.

I'm truly grateful.

I bought a new Dell XPS8500 i5 with Windows 8 and 8 gigs of RAM two weeks ago and one of my first thoughts was, "I'll finally have enough horsepower to play Cliffs of Dover." I've been banging my head against the wall ever since downloading it, as not only would the game not play, Steam has simply sent me a single form letter in response to my (very specific) issue.

I had done some snooping on the Internet to try to find solutions, but had come up empty. Then, tonight, I found a link to this thread. I read it in its entirety after my initial download attempt had Avast! freaking out. I was encouraged by the very detailed explanations as to why an antivirus program might balk at the download. So, I determined it would be safe to give all this a shot.

And it worked on the first try.

Again, unbelievable.

Again, I'm truly grateful.

But... now I'm realizing I should probably upgrade from the GeForce GT 620 with 1 gig that came with the machine.

But that's a good thing, because it means I CAN PLAY CLIFFS OF DOVER ON MY MACHINE!

So, thank you sYk0. And to anyone else reading this thread trying to make the decision whether or not to give this fix a shot, don't hesitate.

-bryan

P.S. Any recommendations on what kind of graphics card I should go for (without going crazy-over-the-top)?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

Tsma,

I just recommend dont buy "ATI Radeon HD 3970", graphical issues in CLoD.

Sokol1
Old 04-06-2013, 10:47 AM

Default Brilliant!!!!

Thanks syk0,
I've been searching in vain now for months to get this sim working, and you come along and sort it out. Great, I for one appreciate guys like you who can sort things out for the rest of the community.
Good on ya mate!!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 PM

Hi. Just to let you know, Im having the same problem as Theleif was having. Placed .dll and exe file in the directory, run it (and tried as administrator) and get the blue spinning circle for a second or two and then nothing.

I had installed the fix a month or so again and it was working fine but my steam got uninstalled. Once everything has been re-installed its not worked.

I tried validating my files with steam. No help.

Tried running it from a temporary folder linked to the launcher.exe but that didn't work either.

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:44 AM

Thanks you sYk0 for the new fix. No more problem with my Gdata antivirus.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Approved Member

Default psyO is AWESOME!

Many thanks to psyO. Now I get COD to run in Windows 8 using my low gigabyte brain - no thanks or help to/from Ubisoft. Mister, Ubisoft should offer you a six figure job!