1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:30 PM

Here's another savegame, "turn back time" in verona, "sacrifice" in rusty anchor, and the verona map guard in scarlet wind is 1600 devilfish, as seen on the screenshot. The griffin just has to keep flying between 2 places while the archers do the job. It's just a trial run, there would be 6 archers and more thorns if done properly. I've used up 2 call of nature scrolls as cannon fodders, to build up rage for the wall. I expect it'd take around 200 turns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_100206_001.jpg (593.9 KB, 46 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip turn_back_time.zip (574.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

OMG Feeling masochistic? That's a lot of real time spent. Why not simply do the kiting run and start with Vamps, 2 types of zombies, Griffins and Skel Archers?
Old 02-06-2010, 11:53 PM

I don't like map kiting Also, it's about pushing the limits.

I'm level 40 with my warrior, I want to finish that first, at least I'll see if I can beat gremlion with griffins. I'm pretty sure the 2 stack of vampires will own Baal and the big lizard.
After that I'll see... I also have a plan of trying the paladin class with level 1-2 units only (without any other constraints, except "no map kiting").
Old 02-28-2010, 05:33 PM

Default finished

Well, I've finished with that savegame. No buy, no loss, no wanderer scrolls. Just 5 griffin eggs and a carved coffin

The fight for Verona map indeed took 203 turns it was boring as hell, until turn 197 when the remaining 67 devilfish started to be tricky and "wait". Archers's ice arrow saved the day. The rest of the game was lots of fun with quite a few challenges. Getting 30 mana for the first few time back was a close one (2 from rat meat, 3 from shrine, etc), I had to spend a lot of magic runes on Wisdom. Sacrifice was sold on Rusty Anchor but its map was inaccessible, I had to kite away Old Rotbox in Verona, it was also sold there. The carved coffin was also there but you can grab it without kiting him. For a long time I was barely able to cast one sacrifice per battle, the vampires were growing slowly. Mana spring was not for sale until Montero. Later, with more rage coming in, and Chaos Magic 2, it was much faster, I could get 30-50 vampires per battle in easy fights, and stocked up a lot to last through the game. I got the ancient vampires very late, because I had to clear the basement on Nameless, and there were 460 necromancers and 45 bone dragons versus my griffins. They became a full stack and a lot in reserve in a few battles, and sadly, it was too easy after that, so I quickly finished it instead of clearing everything. Gremlion was easy. K'hatu was tricky due to the gorgonuas, a vampire with mark of blood wouldn't survive a turn. Baal was a close one. They would have been easy if I got more levels (I was level 48 at the end) and the staff with -15% undead leadership... but easy is no fun, is it?