1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > 1C Games > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 04-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
JackintheBox, sorry, there is no way to repair armor any more. You need to buy or scavenge new ones.
Really?!

Wow. Thats really lame.
I respect your design choices, but im really against this one.

You could make an item similar to the repairtools only its for armors.
Like the compound-18 in JA Wildfire. The mod changed the repair system in so far that you cant repair armor by hand and need to apply c-18 to fix em.
Aside from my taste it could be another neat JA throwback item.
You could make it expensive if you want to further torment me.

On another note, why are certain plot items now real items?
I.e the trade permit, police badge etc. I find it inconvenient to actually have to carry the permit in my pocket.(could keep another grenade there)
And often when i get those plot items my merc drops his weapon and i have to stuff away the item and get my weapon off the ground.
Not a big issue but inconvenient.

regards
Old 04-17-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceShade View Post
Finishing up bootcamp now
That's the spirit mr. Shade
The idea is make it so hard that it forces you to try something new, hopefully something that works too. And in the end you come away from it feeling like you have accomplished something, which is what makes playing games fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackintheBox
Wow. Thats really lame.
Well, that's your opinion, but I disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackintheBox
On another note, why are certain plot items now real items?
It's another thing I added to make the game more fun, some things should come with both rewards and penalties. Sure, they take some of your inventory space, but you'll get access to some pretty good things. When I played through the game a few months ago I discovered that I made it too easy, and I didn't like that. So I've made it a bit harder, and I've given the player more choices, choices that sometimes are hard to make. If you don't like that you can go back to trolling the JA:BiA forum(This last part is just a joke, don't take it seriously, we're old friends, right? Nothing wrong with some playful ribbing)

Last edited by R@S; 04-17-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@S View Post
That's the spirit mr. Shade
The idea is make it so hard that it forces you to try something new, hopefully something that works too. And in the end you come away from it feeling like you have accomplished something, which is what makes playing games fun.
I actually started using shotguns

On the same topic - how many levels are there? Got past 8, then remembered that merc's time is ticking, and since cash seems quite hard to come by - I decided to use the merc for some missions, then finish the boot camp Btw - maybe it would be a nice idea to "stop" time for the hired mercs, while boot camp is in progress? Also - will I have to do everything from the start again? =)

Quote:
It's another thing I added to make the game more fun, some things should come with both rewards and penalties. Sure, they take some of your inventory space, but you'll get access to some pretty good things. When I played through the game a few months ago I discovered that I made it too easy, and I didn't like that. So I've made it a bit harder, and I've given the player more choices, choices that sometimes are hard to make. If you don't like that you can go back to trolling the JA:BiA forum(This last part is just a joke, don't take it seriously, we're old friends, right? Nothing wrong with some playful ribbing)
Wait... what? someone is trolling JA:BiA forums? =) Nooo... that can't be right...
Old 04-17-2011, 08:37 PM

There are 15 levels and there's no way to continue it once you've quit. I might change that in the next version, the equipment you've gathered while training can be stored in a temopary shop, much like it does when you start the training.

I might also change the difficulty a bit, giving the player the option to set a few parameters at the start of the training. I was thinking of the min/max amount of enemies, the healing between maps and maybe something I haven't thought of yet.

I could stop the time for the mercs wating, like I did with the hospital script, but I'm not sure about it. Having it like it is now gives an incentive to do the traning before you get too far into the game. But we'll see, I might change my mind.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
R@S posted a lot of WORDS

Hmm....
Yeah, i can understand how you wanted to increase the difficulty like that.
But on the other hand, i can just store those items in my car and whip em out whenever needed. Kinda forgot about that .

I posted you a comment concerning the other things. I wanted to Pm you, but somehow i am unable to do so.

edit. now i am

Last edited by JackintheBox; 04-17-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:18 PM

One other thing: the TOZ 34 when prepared and crouched is pointed in a funny way, way up and to the right of where you're aiming. Not sure if it happens when you're not crouched, that's just when I saw it.

Edit: just finished trying the boot camp, and I think it's a great idea. I didn't get very far, once it cycled back to the first map (a river cuts through it; full size Winchesters first appear) I found myself loading a lot, and I gave up after a few brief tries on the next level (where AK type guns start appearing). I'm also not very good at this game though. It was quite a lot of fun to play through though!
One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is a bit more of a focus on the pistol. I find pistol-only tactics to be intense and fun, and there's an incredible variety of them, but I never get a chance to really play with them. In the full game you immediately have access to crappy shotguns and SMGs (e.g. the cruiser and mac 10s) which are way better than pistols, and so you skip right over them, as does the AI. I don't know how hard it would be to make extra levels now that you've laid the groundwork for boot camp, and maybe I'm crazy and am the only one who would want it. That said, a 15 level set with a) increasing numbers of enemies each with a random pistol, and b) an extra slave every 5 levels (solo 1-5, 1 slave 6-10, 2 slaves 11-15) could be really cool.

For bug reports, returning to Santa Maria seems to get confused by loose ammo. I had ~50 loose buckshot in my pockets before starting boot camp that were gone when I returned. I also kept whatever loose ammo I had in my pockets in boot camp. I quit out of boot camp twice, once the regular way (after a battle was over, using the screen that asks if you want to continue) and once the cowardly way (leaving in the middle of a fight, by waiting in the yellow circle) and in both cases when I got back to SM I lost everything from bootcamp but my loose ammo, and got back everything from the regular game but my loose ammo. In both cases I also had ammo in packs, which was handled fine. Doesn't matter as far as I can see, but i thought you might want to know.

Last edited by safoolfool; 04-18-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:27 AM

Congrats on the 1.7 version!

I have a small problem though, I tried editing some of the uniforms like in my 1.6 version and testing them with enter_dev/shop cheat but when I try entering shop in 1.7 version the game simply crashes. I also reverted to all the original files (tried running stock 1.7) amd it still crashes...any idea why?

ALso, have the mappack files been updated with 1.7 or can I use the 1.6 ones? I cant seem to find the problem of this crash when entering shop

Nevermind, just reinstalled everything and it works!

Love the Ithaca shotgun and soem other new weapons but only one observation - The AK Tactical/SOPMOD should have the option of attaching Eotech to it because it comes with an picatinny rail, at least the real version has it.

Other than that, the AR-15's will be my new favourites! I hope that BS 1.8 finally brings the M4 CQBR/Mk18 Mod0 models and the new Mk18 Mod1 models:/

Last edited by ninjaklan; 04-18-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
There are 15 levels and there's no way to continue it once you've quit. I might change that in the next version, the equipment you've gathered while training can be stored in a temopary shop, much like it does when you start the training.
Maann... this has just made me a sad sad panda =)

Quote:
I might also change the difficulty a bit, giving the player the option to set a few parameters at the start of the training. I was thinking of the min/max amount of enemies, the healing between maps and maybe something I haven't thought of yet.
Several more ideas:
1. Allow player to choose the starting leve, i.e. I would be VERY happy to continue from LvL8 where I finished
2. Maybe even "go in with the gear you own at the moment" option?
3. OR buy equipement for 2k at a pregenerated merchant in a random map and then start boot camp on exit from the map?

Also - I take it, that you play and create missions with the assumption, that the PC is male... This gives for some mutated Lambert, who suddelny has cohones molested by the police office (Paco's cousin iirc ).

Last edited by Kuujis; 04-18-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 04-18-2011, 09:46 AM

About losing your weapons and ammo when exiting bootcamp; I've found a little way around that.

I just passed said River crossing with full size winchesters. I didn't even know they had em until I nicked them off their cold dead bodies. Their guns didn't scare me; their numbers did.

I quickly went up the little hill in the middle and did a lot of hitting and running. Shooting single enemies (without being seen by others) from different angles, and as soon as a second enemy would see me (and aim at me), I would run away and try again somewhere else. Not many were eager enough to chase me up the hill, so I had to do peek-a-boo matches from up top. Those that did chase me were swiftly cut down.

Slave mr. Grumpy even got a few kills with his shotgun. Even if you can't aim like a slave, you can still hit with the benelli. The benelli does the aiming for you! (1:10)

Last edited by IceShade; 04-18-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:54 PM

2 quick questions - I'm using my own custom USMC uniform mods, but I'd like to ask where can I find the BlueSun (black&blue) patch file that shows up on Todes uniforms? I want to swap it with my own.

ANother question is about the weird pixels that show up on my custom uniforms, I have marked the area on the image, if anyone knows what those are please let me know. They appear only at certain angles and zoom levels, it's not the texture that has this pixels.