1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAim View Post
Please don't consider this an attack on one person, but a defense of a whole people.
Almost poetic there. Nice one BadAim.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 AM

i loock in FSX new tecnology to compare the texture immage of Google earth in FSX the program is Tyleproxy
http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/

Fsx is good beacause in internet i find all type of airplane in Free mode or Pay mode but is limited only for flight no for combat.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:39 AM

joek
Old 08-18-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAim View Post
Just FYI, This American considers hellbomber a bloody twit, and will add him to his ignore list forthwith. One need not put down other countries to be a patriot. It's too bad that it's the biggest fools who shout the loudest and get the most attention.

Please don't consider this an attack on one person, but a defense of a whole people.
Note that the post where he indicated he was trolling "for fun" has disappeared... along with mine, which was saying something along the same lines as what you just said. Random post deletion FTL.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:42 PM

The sea looks nice in the short teaser, but I'll hold my judgement until I see what Oleg comes up with. Who knows what SoW will look like with all the bells and whistles.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly_flyer View Post
The sea looks nice in the short teaser, but I'll hold my judgement until I see what Oleg comes up with. Who knows what SoW will look like with all the bells and whistles.
Yes the water does look very good in the Microsoft teaser, but Microsoft has a history of grossly over hyping the graphic quality of their sims. I know I won't believe any of this until I see actual ingame videos from users.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Approved Member

If it's a reworked FSX that won't be too bad. I don't expect a combat sim. I do expect the new sim to be coded for multi-core processors. I think MS got faked out when FSX came out. No doubt the thinking was that Intel would come out with a 6ghz processor one day so that FSX could be run in all it's glory. Psyche!!

MS did close it's flight sim department some time ago, iirc. So jumping back in must be in the accountants' realm of practicality. Now if they accidentally spit out CFS4 I might be interested in buying it.
Flyby out
Old 08-19-2010, 02:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyby View Post
MS did close it's flight sim department some time ago, iirc. So jumping back in must be in the accountants' realm of practicality.
yeah .. but that old lot were wasting time and money trying to build an actual simulator, whereas what Accounts and Marketing wanted was superficial and pretty and runnable on any generic PC with built in graphics (you know like magic School Bus with wings). They just had to go
Old 08-19-2010, 03:43 AM
Global Moderator

No sense to get any excitement until something happens. One thing is sure, MSFT will keep you informed. MSFT will promote the wazoo out of it as soon as they have more to tell.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Tree_UK

wow looks really good and they are already on the marketing trail, I imagine this will be on the shelves sooner than we think.